PDA

View Full Version : New fighting game idea

SuperMillionaire
04-20-2008, 05:51 PM
The Great Clash of Heroes

Contains characters from AK Comics (see "Arabic comics" topic), Marvel, DC, Warner Bros., Disney, Square-Enix, and Capcom.

Main characters:
Zein
Aya
Jalila
Rakan
Captain America
Thor
Iron Man
Wolverine
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Martian Manhunter
Bugs Bunny (Loonatics Unleashed)
Road Runner (Loonatics Unleashed)
Taz (Loonatics Unleashed)
Wakko (Animaniacs: Super Strong Warner Siblings episode) - Yakko and Dot are summonable characters
Mickey Mouse (Kingdom Hearts series) - Donald and Goofy are summonable
Kim Possible
Jake Long (American Dragon)
Jim Hawkins (Treasure Planet)
Cloud
Tifa
Vincent
Yuffie
Ryu
Guile
Chun-Li
Sagat

Final boss:
Sephiroth

Secret boss:
Akuma

Gameplay will be a mix of SFIV and MVC series, with influence from KH2. More infor will be given later.

Roto13
04-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Here we go again.

Raebus
04-20-2008, 06:56 PM
So, I take it he did something like this before?

Old Manus
04-20-2008, 07:31 PM
You forgot Sora Keyheart. And a rememberance '1 year on' thread.

Roto13
04-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Secret stage: Tsunami

Psychotic
04-20-2008, 07:44 PM
I don't really understand the point of this thread. It's obviously a game idea of your own, but seeing as it's not a real game, it's not like people can discuss it like they would other games in this forum. Are you looking for feedback on your idea or something?

KentaRawr!
04-20-2008, 07:46 PM
You should probably come up with an actual Fighting Game Engine before coming up with characters and story. :o

XxSephirothxX
04-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Don't just preach it. Do it. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.U.G.E.N)

Momiji
04-20-2008, 08:01 PM

I always considered messing with M.U.G.E.N., but customizing all of it is way out of my league of effort and knowledge. No thanks.

However, M.U.G.E.N. with Mahou Sensei Negima! characters would be awesome. :D

SuperMillionaire
04-20-2008, 08:06 PM
I want to bring together the best of America, Japan, and Pan-Arabia in one game, and with this game, I can. In the past, I only had American and Japanese characters, but I decided to one day look for Arabic characters, and I found some.

Let's put the game on PS3.

Here is the fighting system:

Gameplay takes place on a 2D plane that shifts and rotates. The matches are 4-on-4 tag team battles.

The button configuration is:
Square - LP
Triangle - MP
R1 - HP
L1 - 3P/XP
X - LK
Circle - MK
R2 - HK
L2 - XK/3K
Select - reaction command/taunt
Start - pause
D-Pad - move character, jump, crouch, block
Right analog stick - throws, grabs
Left analog stick - summon partners

LP+LK - switch to 2nd character
MP+MK - switch to 3rd character
HP+HK - switch to 4th character
XP+XK - activate custom combo
XP+XK + left analog stick - team hyper combo (requires 1 stock from each character's hyper combo gauge)

You can link light to medium to hard to extra hard attacks in chain combos that can be performed both on the ground and in the air.

Each character has their own hyper combo gauge, which can be filled up to LV6. In addition to hyper combos, the gauge can be used for EX moves, custom combos, limit breaks, healing, and more.

Limit breaks are more powerful versions of hyper combos that require a LV3 hyper combo gauge.

Each character has a dizzy meter. When it is filled, the character will be momentarily dizzy.

Sometimes, there will be times when you need to react in a unique manner to certain attacks. To react, press the select button at the right time. The reaction commands range from dodging to parrying to advanced attacks.

And there you have it! A fighting system with lots of options for you to choose from. Overall, the fighting system is similar to a mix of Street Fighter IV and the Marvel vs Capcom series, with influences from Kingdom Hearts II.

And this is only the first game. The sequel will have more characters.

What do you think about this? I will probably submit this idea later on.

XxSephirothxX
04-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Submit it to who? The game making gods? :p You do understand that companies don't accept game ideas from fans, and that the task of acquiring the proper access to so many copyrighted characters would make the project completely worthless, impossible, or too costly for any developer to take on?

Roto13
04-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Submit it to who?

EDIT: Get out of my head, Azar. I mean it this time. :(

Old Manus
04-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Submit it to the user 'Tsunami' (her real name is H. Katrina) from 911.com living in Virginia , of course.

SuperMillionaire
04-20-2008, 11:23 PM
Oh, stop making fun of me...

Vivisteiner
04-20-2008, 11:28 PM
^Why dont you stop making fun of me then?

Ouch!
04-20-2008, 11:38 PM
Oh, stop making fun of me...
Stop making it so easy.

CimminyCricket
04-21-2008, 12:42 AM
Seriously.

Shoeberto
04-21-2008, 12:56 AM
Guys, stop. You're being dicks.

Markus. D
04-21-2008, 01:06 AM

I always considered messing with M.U.G.E.N., but customizing all of it is way out of my league of effort and knowledge. No thanks.

However, M.U.G.E.N. with Mahou Sensei Negima! characters would be awesome. :D

They are probably out there somewhere on the big wide internet xD

but yes! no more procrastination! M.U.G.E.N!

edit: That's just a reccomendation though, you have fun posting thoughts of your fighting game... it's fun ^^~

SuperMillionaire
04-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Well, the graphics would be SFIV style, so I don't know if mugen will work with that...

Roto13
04-21-2008, 04:32 PM
If you're really serious about getting this game made, MUGEN is your only option.

Raebus
04-21-2008, 04:39 PM
It's MUGEN or nothing, I'm afraid. There'll be a better chance of hell being real and freezing over than you submitting this to someone.

Aerith's Knight
04-21-2008, 05:12 PM
AK comics

:D

KentaRawr!
04-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Yeah, you'll have to become something to the Gaming Development community before someone really makes a game out of this.

Roto13
04-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Especially if you're going to focus so heavily on some obscure Arabic comic book characters that nobody has ever heard of.

NeoCracker
04-21-2008, 07:44 PM
And really, Sephiroth as the Main Boss? You can do better then that.

The main Boss should clearly be Dr. Boskonovitch.

Roogle
04-21-2008, 10:40 PM
I think that the character roster seems far too diversified for a single video game. Games with only two franchises like Marvel vs. Capcom and Namco x Capcom have enough red tape as it is!

Raebus
04-21-2008, 10:47 PM
That girl from the grudge should be in it, the girl with the long black hair thats alive. She could have a killer attack that wraps foes tightly in her hair and DAMAGES them.

demondude
04-22-2008, 05:27 PM
Bugs bunny and Cloud in the same game? I thought kingdom hearts was over the top. xD

Roogle
04-22-2008, 06:52 PM
That girl from the grudge should be in it, the girl with the long black hair thats alive. She could have a killer attack that wraps foes tightly in her hair and DAMAGES them.

There is a similar character based off of the girl from The Ring already in circulation in the MUGEN community: The Ring vs. Superman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYMiNJxcJNY).

NeoCracker
04-22-2008, 06:57 PM

There is a similar character based off of the girl from The Ring already in circulation in the MUGEN community: The Ring vs. Superman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYMiNJxcJNY).

XD

Not even Superman is safe from the video.

Roogle
04-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Many of the matchups provided in the opening post have been covered by the MUGEN community, too: Ken and Guile vs. Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epdUW9UjyhM)

NeoCracker
04-22-2008, 07:06 PM
They so need Richard Simmons Vs. Sephiroth.

And Al Sharpton Vs. Adolf Hitler

SuperMillionaire
04-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Many of the matchups provided in the opening post have been covered by the MUGEN community, too: Ken and Guile vs. Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epdUW9UjyhM)

Oh yes, definitely. Where can I get a mugen?