PDA

View Full Version : Playing too much games.....

JaytodaP
04-21-2008, 08:32 AM
I've been playing so much Halo lately, its really starting to show. I call the fridge soda spawn, got hit in dodgeball and asked who was wall hacking, and said my calculator was lagging when it ran out of batteries.(giving my math teacher the greatest WTF look i've ever seen.) But does this ever happen to you. I even called my house the map today and my friend referred to waking up as respawning.

Rostum
04-21-2008, 09:35 AM
No. Go see someone, you may have a serious problem.

Markus. D
04-21-2008, 10:33 AM
If that's all true.

I'd say maybe turn off the Xbox360 for awhile :]

Old Manus
04-21-2008, 10:58 AM
After extended play of Resident Evil or Silent Hill, I start to subconsciously think about how I would escape the area I am in when monsters attack.

NeoCracker
04-21-2008, 11:23 AM
After extended play of Resident Evil or Silent Hill, I start to subconsciously think about how I would escape the area I am in when monsters attack.

I do that, and I don't even play those games.

Dreddz
04-21-2008, 12:34 PM
You'd be an interesting person to know, JaytodaP.

JaytodaP
04-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Yeah, after awhile I start to feel bad about myself, or I say , Dammit, I'm doing it again. This is actually the first weekend I've played more than five hours each day. How I have actually lost weight this weekend is beyond me.

KentaRawr!
04-21-2008, 05:18 PM
After playing Snatcher, I started to find the most familiar areas the most frightening. For example, I was in the bathroom, and the shades were shaped strangely. It was almost as though someone was hiding in there, and was in a rush! So, I approached the bath-tub slowly, and very quickly removed the blinds. Nothing was there. I then proceeded to take a dump.

But, no, I've never been in that kind of a situation, Mr. Thread Creator. I once said "lol" in real life, but that's it.

Boney King
04-21-2008, 10:43 PM
I once said "lol" in real life, but that's it.
I did this for a week once.

However, I have never done anything to the extent of JaytodaP. He's an inspiration to us all.

Evastio
04-21-2008, 11:38 PM
I can't think of any times that has happened to me before.

Well, I guess there was that one time where I mistook bird chirping for Blaster Shot sounds from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.

Ouch!
04-21-2008, 11:50 PM
Halo jokes have become an important part of my relationship with many of my friends, but I don't go around making the silly references to anyone else.

Araciel
04-22-2008, 12:06 AM
I used to refer to things in D&D terms, so you're better off than I was.

/rolls a 1 on his charisma check.

Vermachtnis
04-22-2008, 12:49 AM
After playing Mana Khemia for the past week, I tried to remember how to make salt when I couldn't find it the other day. And I can't count the many times I try to pull up a "minimap" when I get lost.

Kes
04-22-2008, 03:49 AM
I glance at the upper-right corner of my windshield when driving because that's where the mini map is when I play WoW. >.> However, I generally don't tell people who wouldn't appreciate it. Generally. >.>

Araciel
04-22-2008, 03:55 AM
I glance at the upper-right corner of my windshield when driving because that's where the mini map is when I play WoW. >.> However, I generally don't tell people who wouldn't appreciate it. Generally. >.>

GPS is a wonderful thing.

Dolentrean
04-22-2008, 04:05 AM
I can win… when KOTOR came out, me and my best friend spent a week playing the game, one of us was awake constantly the whole time and neither of us slept more than four hours at a time. After awhile when his parents got back and asked us how it went I just stood there for a moment waiting for the dialogue options to come up…

I never did that again.

Raven Nox
04-22-2008, 09:28 AM
I actually had that with Elite Beat Agents. I was playing it so much that when I shut my eyes I saw the little circles and people dancing. xD

This was when my school was on a block schedule and we had a 45 minute tutorial period (That was supposed to be used for study, but no one ever did study.) I was playing the game and flailing my arms back and forth with the people in it. (It wasn't like obnoxious flailing though, just a little bit.) I was just in my little happy moment, and it was fun so... xD I remember the person in front of me noticed and turned to stare at me before saying "That's so hardcore." ...It was odd. xD The people who sat around me already knew I do things like that anyway.

I tend not to get to into a game or anything else to a point where it's all I see though, I don't really know why it happened with EBA. I was probably having a crappy week before then and that game puts me in my happy place (Unless I'm playing Jumping Jack Flash on Hard Rock mode. Then it can go to hell.)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-22-2008, 10:32 AM
After playing a ton of Ouendan, I can vividly imagine the touch patterns for any song I happen to be hearing. I don't even have to close my eyes.

Also, when I first got a Game Boy Color back in 1998, I would often hear the sound effects from Link's Awakening even when I wasn't playing it. It was the strangest thing, and it's never happened again with that or any other game.

Mirage
04-22-2008, 12:01 PM
I dreamt about Ragnarok Online this morning, and I haven't even played that game in over half a year. Actually, it was a crossover between RO, FF7 and what's going on in real life. It was awesome.

I too sometimes hear "phantom sounds" from games, some computer sounds (usually the critical stop sound :p) and my mobile phone's incoming message beep. I even have phantom vibrations in my pocket when my phone's not even in it.

KentaRawr!
04-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Also, when I first got a Game Boy Color back in 1998, I would often hear the sound effects from Link's Awakening even when I wasn't playing it. It was the strangest thing, and it's never happened again with that or any other game.

That happened to me with Pokemon Crystal.

Roto13
04-22-2008, 03:51 PM
My mind used to automatically play Meteos when I closed my eyes.

Shoeberto
04-22-2008, 04:21 PM
I honestly thought I was going crazy when that happened to me. It's never happened with any system other than the Game Boy/Game Boy Color.

I even have phantom vibrations in my pocket when my phone's not even in it.
That happens to me a lot, as well.

One summer, right before school, I had gotten GTA Vice City for PC and played the crap out of it for like two or three days. Just hours and hours of it. Eventually, when I'd walk somewhere and would hear someone behind me, I'd want to flip the camera around to the reverse angle so I could see what was going on without actually turning around (essentially what the middle-click in the game does). Unfortunately it never worked.

KentaRawr!
04-22-2008, 04:42 PM
The Gameboy Color is possessed by the devil!

Roogle
04-22-2008, 06:54 PM
My mind used to automatically play Meteos when I closed my eyes.

This phenomenon has been noted in players of Tetris. It is commonly known as the Tetris effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_effect).

Peegee
04-22-2008, 06:59 PM
So

I used to play world of warcraft a lot. Compared to now, it was insanely lots. I came home, played until bedtime, went to work, repeat.

I eventually decided to cut down when I dropped dinner on the floor because my hand-eye coordination was lost. Tapping 2342342423 over and over != developing motor skills.

Now I only play for 3 evenings a week, and the weekends are always 'if I have time'. I'm even more successful than before, which goes to show that time invested doesn't correlate with positive results.

Roogle
04-22-2008, 07:01 PM
Now I only play for 3 evenings a week, and the weekends are always 'if I have time'. I'm even more successful than before, which goes to show that time invested doesn't correlate with positive results.

But wouldn't you be more successful in the game if you played for 5 evenings a week with your current strategy?