PDA

View Full Version : It's been almost 2 months

NeoCracker
04-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Since someone posted in the Persona 3 FES thread. Shame on you all.

I mean it's coming out in a couple days.

I'm really looking forward to it, and am probably going to be at EB first thing in the morning to pick it up.

So, this is the renewed discussion of Persona 3 FES.

Dreddz
04-21-2008, 12:54 PM
I dont actually have a clue what this game is. Would it be worth getting if you already own Persona 3 (granted I still havent beaten it)

NeoCracker
04-21-2008, 01:22 PM
It's an expanded version.

30+ hours of Gameplay, 23 new persona's, and Episode Aegis, which is suppose to go more indepth on all that happened between the last fight and the end of the game.

It's only 30$.

Definitely seems worth grabbing if you have the first.

Edit: That 30+ is additional game play added to the first version, Not total. :p

Vivisteiner
04-21-2008, 05:56 PM
I havent played Persona 3. Should I get it?

Whats good about it?

Vermachtnis
04-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Yes, you should get it. What's good about it? Just about everything, the characters, the story, the music, it's kinda difficult.

I've been looking foward to it for a while. I've been wanting to play Episode Aigis/The Answer for a really long time. I've just been debating whether to start a file from scratch or convert the data over.

NeoCracker
04-21-2008, 06:39 PM
The Battle system itself is Turn Based.

However, it's rather unique in that you only directly control your main character. Everytime he goes, you may change your allies tactics, and you may have different tactics set onto each character.

In addition, your main is allowed to change the persona he uses, which alters all of his stats, except HP and SP, and changes his Strengths and Weakness's. He may change persona once a round.

The overall battle system has a very fun flavor for being turn based, and it has quite possibly the greatest battle music ever.

The only real problem with this game is it might feel repetative when you aren't battling in Tartarus, though personal the stories that build up with each relationship you build are great, so it's well worth it.

Overall, Persona 3 is one of my favorite RPG's.

Vivisteiner
04-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Cool. I might buy that along with Okami and God of War II after the holidays. Oh and crisis core.

Is the new version coming to Europe though?

Roogle
04-21-2008, 10:38 PM
I am looking forward to the release of Persona 3 FES. I think that Atlus has pleasantly surprised many gamers with its release of an expanded title like Persona 3 FES, and I think that its pricing is fair and accurate.

I did not complete my first playthrough of Persona 3 because I was told that Persona 3 FES would be released because of a leak on the blog of one of the voice actors.

qwertysaur
04-21-2008, 10:40 PM
I wanted to get persona 3 but then I saw this, I'm defiantly getting it. :p

Alucard von Elru
04-22-2008, 01:59 AM
I have most of the pre-order paid off already, so it won't be any kind of problem to pick it up on release day. I'll pop in before work on Wednesday! :D

Wolf Kanno
04-23-2008, 05:31 AM
I so want this game... I LOVED PERSONA 3 :love: :love: :love:

Unfortunately, I'm in a bit of a financial issue so I have to really count my pennies. Even at is lower price, I can't afford it now... Persona 3 was easily one of the best RPGs to come out in years and its story is amazing. Having played Nocturne and Persona 2, I did feel the Persona selection was rather small but FES fixes that especially with an upgraded Orpheus being one of the new Personas :love:

This being released outside of Japan and the announcement of Persona 4 (on a system I own no less) has brought joy to my cynical and jaded cold heart. :p

Vermachtnis
04-23-2008, 05:45 AM
You know since it's an Atlus game it's only gonna get more expensive. Which sucks, cause I wanna get Nocturn but there's no way it'll fit in my price range now. But I digress, I hope the Gamestop I reserved it at has it up by the time I wake up tomorrow evening.

Karellen
04-23-2008, 06:03 AM
Actually, Nocturne has been reprinted (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-43-49-en-70-bug.html). You can get it for a reasonable price at the moment.

Vermachtnis
04-23-2008, 06:11 AM
Actually, Nocturne has been reprinted (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-43-49-en-70-bug.html). You can get it for a reasonable price at the moment.

What? Atlus never reprints. Except for that one time with Disgaea, but I heard that was because Nippon Ichi asked them too. Anyway that's awesome that they did it. With any luck they'll reprint more. Even still Nocturn is still more money then I spare at the moment.

Skyblade
04-23-2008, 04:26 PM
I've heard a lot about this game, and I'm thinking of getting it. But, before I do, I'd like to know if I need to play any of the rest of the series to understand this game.

NeoCracker
04-23-2008, 04:41 PM
No, it's a stand alone title.

As far as I know, all the Persona's are.

Karellen
04-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Persona 2 is a direct sequel to Persona (although unrelated enough that you can thankfully play through P2 without suffering through the first title). I'm pretty sure P3 is unrelated though.

Wolf Kanno
04-23-2008, 05:51 PM
There are some minor references to the earlier games (one of which may actually connect it to the main Persona timeline) but as Karellen said story wise they are not directly connected to each other. Though I still suggest at least playing P2: Eternal Punishment as it is a fine game as well. :)

P3 even plays differently from the previous installments, its combat system is a more merciful version of Nocturne's (exploiting elelmental weaknesses to get extra turns while trying to prevent the enemy from doing the same.). There is a high level of strategy involved but it doesn't have Nocturne's brutal sometimes unfair difficulty, causing you frustration.

P3 is one part RPG dungeon crawler, one part dating sim... Its an odd combo but it works out beautifully and the myriad of stories you unlock through the Social Link system are not only touching and downright amusing but create a better immersion to the game world. The games an odd premise but its execution is damn near flawless.

Roogle
04-23-2008, 07:01 PM
You know since it's an Atlus game it's only gonna get more expensive. Which sucks, cause I wanna get Nocturn but there's no way it'll fit in my price range now. But I digress, I hope the Gamestop I reserved it at has it up by the time I wake up tomorrow evening.

Persona 3 FES will retail for $29.99 USD at most major retailers. This is a bargain compared to purchasing other new games for $39.99 or more!

Montoya
04-24-2008, 06:46 AM
I'm still curious, do you need the original Persona 3 to play FES?

Vermachtnis
04-24-2008, 06:48 AM

Nope, it contains the original game but with extras. But I do not remember those bosses on the 10th floor giving me such a hard time. I love that you can chage the music in The Abyss.

NeoCracker
04-24-2008, 12:08 PM
When they say Hard difficulty is harder, they aren't kidding.

The difficulty jump is insane.

And for those who haven't noticed this yet,

Not only are there more and/or different questions in school, (Which really threw me off, as I just skipped through the lecture and then didn't know the answer. However I got it right, :p), but the Shrine works completely different.

The Fortune Box now is used to repair social links, in addition to taking the afternoon period.

The Offering Box now garuntees an increase in Academics, (An even bigger boost if you are in great condition), but it also takes the afternoon period.

They're being tricksy in this version.

Montoya
04-25-2008, 07:31 AM

Nope, it contains the original game but with extras. But I do not remember those bosses on the 10th floor giving me such a hard time. I love that you can chage the music in The Abyss.

Awesome, I'm going to get it for sure this time.

Alucard von Elru
04-25-2008, 05:03 PM
Picked it up fine, and swapped it with the old P3 DVD case and slid it right next to the P3 artbook in the deluxe box thingy. Mmmm.... Can't wait to play, but I really need to finish Okami first. o.O

Skyblade
04-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the recommendation, guys. I picked it up and I'm really enjoying it so far. Although the Persona fusing is really confusing.

Wolf Kanno
04-26-2008, 08:50 PM
Its complex though it has been toned down a bit. I would brush up on your mythology if you want to get the really good stuff as well. MegaTen ties its system deeply into the legends and mythology surrounding the demons and gods you use. You will get the hang of it don't worry. Just make sure to experiment and try new things. ;)

NeoCracker
04-26-2008, 10:20 PM
Well, the Difficulty spike Hard gives you kinda dies out relatively soon. After getting past Thebel, going through Arqa felt like it did on Medium.

Even the Boss at the very top of Arqa is still a pain in the ass, though nothing a little Lamia with Survive light couldn't fix.

Also, for those who are having serious problems beating the Solo Boss at the first half of Arqa, Gurr works wonders against him.

Gogo
05-01-2008, 08:20 PM
I am loving this game the more I play it. I love the all out attack animation.:D

NeoCracker
05-09-2008, 07:07 AM
Started playing "The Answer", and wow. Just Wow.

End of The Journey The last two days after Nyx is defeated, your hero Is constantly tired. This plays a major part in the answer.