PDA

View Full Version : Second playthrough FFVII:CC confirms remake?

Aerith's Knight
04-22-2008, 01:53 AM
I just finished crisis core, and when i was browsing, wondering whether it was worth it to play it again, i came upon an article(Final Fantasy VII remake confirmed in Crisis Core? :: PlayStation Universe (PSU) (http://www.psu.com/Final-Fantasy-VII-remake-confirmed-in-Crisis-Core--a0001306-p0.php)) that said that on the end of the FFVII intro at the end of FFVII:CC, a picture shows up that confirms a remake.. however, i couldnt see the picture..

has anyone here played through crisis core a second time? And if so, what picture do they mean?

Bolivar
04-22-2008, 04:52 AM
it says "To be continued in Final Fantasy VII"

Some people see it as confirmation, but most look at it as saying the continuation of the story is in the original FFVII.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-22-2008, 05:14 AM
People got all flustered about this after Crisis Core was released in Japan, too. At the very most, it's a bit of innuendo.

Aerith's Knight
04-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Hmm i saw that too in the first playthrough.. i dont think that means anything though..

Roogle
04-22-2008, 06:26 PM
I think that it only serves to tell the player to continue the story by playing the original Final Fantasy VII and not a hypothetical remake of Final Fantasy VII. Is there a new screenshot of the game in a better graphics format or something that would cause this type of speculation?

Aerith's Knight
04-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Just the Ps3 intro

but there is an extra scene where cloud stands upon the train like Zack in the very beginning of FFVII:CC

and says I am.. your legacy.

but i think that still belongs to Crisis core

Skyblade
04-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Except, the story doesn't continue in FFVII. 'Cause Genesis wasn't in FFVII.

Aerith's Knight
04-22-2008, 10:29 PM
genesis was in DoC..

i think.. i dont know, i havent played it, but i thought i read that.

Rostum
04-22-2008, 11:27 PM

It's explained what happens to Genesis in DoC and why we don't see him in the original FFVII game. But, perhaps if they were to possibly remake they could add in certain elements to make it flow a bit smoother. I dunno.

Raebus
04-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Groan.

Jessica_wohoo
04-23-2008, 01:19 AM

The story surely continues. Though, it's without Genesis up to DoC.

Jessweeee♪
04-23-2008, 02:32 AM
I wouldn't say it confirms anything. Only a matter of time, though, IMHO.

Aerith's Knight
04-23-2008, 06:49 AM
I wouldn't say it confirms anything. Only a matter of time, though, IMHO.

We came to the same conclusion 6 posts ago. :p

Id change the title.. but my thread tools are gone >:[

finaloblivion
04-23-2008, 08:49 PM
yea, when i got through crisis core the first time it shows a redone intro of FFVII after the credits. very impressive. though it has not been announced and has been stamped as purely rumor, the fact of the matter is is that if they don't remake this game...they miss out on the oppurtunity to make unbelievable sales, and also to make thousands of gamers rejoice. i want it to happen more than anything, especially after finishing crisis core. there are still stories to be explored in this universe, certainly. i cant wait for the day it's made true...might never come however.

Aerith's Knight
04-23-2008, 11:25 PM
I think the real oppertunity is to sell ps3's to all the xbox360 FF fans.. and trust me.. there are a lot of them..

i mean even me.. i wouldnt buy a ps3 for FFXIII.. but i would sure as hell buy one for FFVII

Bolivar
04-24-2008, 07:41 PM
they miss out on the oppurtunity to make unbelievable sales, and also to make thousands of gamers rejoice.

millions!

Aerith's Knight
04-24-2008, 08:18 PM
they miss out on the oppurtunity to make unbelievable sales, and also to make thousands of gamers rejoice.

millions!

Billions!

ReloadPsi
05-08-2008, 06:31 PM
All of this makes me truly empathise with the way certain Star Wars fans feel about the three prequels.

EagleDelta1
05-15-2008, 02:56 PM
As much as I would enjoy(but do not require) a FFVII remake, I think it would be jumping the gun too much to hope for the remake as the next thing in the series - the Compilation still isn't done as the Dir. of CC said in an interview a few months back on 1up.com. I think we'll have to wait till the comp is finished b4 S-E will even consider a remake. But that's just my opinion