PDA

View Full Version : Angry Video Game Nerd.

Breine
04-23-2008, 04:42 PM
I don't know how many of you are familiar with this site and ScrewAttack, but the latter is generally great fun. Especially the top 10 lists and Angry Video Game Nerd (produced by ScrewAttack) :bigsmile: Click here (http://www.gametrailers.com/search.php?str_type=allmedia&s=Screwattack) for a long list of various clips.

Discuss.

Flying Mullet
04-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Watching the Super Mario Brothers 3 clip with The Wizard was the best. Ahh, memories. :)

Captain Maxx Power
04-23-2008, 05:29 PM
I prefer Yahtzee and Spoony Experiment to AVGN. AVGN just seems to revolve around him swearing about a game whereas Yahtzee and SE are genuinely funny.

Araciel
04-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Watching the Super Mario Brothers 3 clip with The Wizard was the best. Ahh, memories. :)

Just keep your Power Gloves off' her.

Classic.

KentaRawr!
04-23-2008, 06:00 PM
The AVGN is ridiculous. >_>

Roogle
04-23-2008, 06:58 PM
The Angry Video Game Nerd Theme Song was stuck in our heads for a long time, wasn't it, Araciel?

I think its catchy gimmick as a video series really catches on to all gamers because of its universal appeal. If you have played older Nintendo games, you will like at least some part of that video series.

Ryth
04-23-2008, 07:56 PM
I used to like the AVGN all right but it's really gone down to just making incohorent, pointless obscenities whenever possible.

The Spoony Experiment is godly though, and I love Maxx Power for realizing his superiority.

Necronopticous
04-23-2008, 08:54 PM
His "trying-too-hard-to-be-vulgar" ranting is annoying and unnecessary, but other than that his videos are hilarious. All of the scenes of him getting frustrated at something and trying to get it right again and again are gold. My favorite review is still the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles one.

Araciel
04-23-2008, 09:01 PM
The Angry Video Game Nerd Theme Song was stuck in our heads for a long time, wasn't it, Araciel?

Ara'd rather have a buffalo take a diarrhea dump in his ear.

Breine
04-23-2008, 09:33 PM

Haha, yeah.. just watched that clip today. Aah, the nostalgia.

Cookie
04-23-2008, 09:43 PM
His "trying-too-hard-to-be-vulgar" ranting is annoying and unnecessary, but other than that his videos are hilarious. All of the scenes of him getting frustrated at something and trying to get it right again and again are gold. My favorite review is still the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles one.

The part where he's trying to jump across the small gap and then discovers he can walk across? That's probably one of my favourite bits. However, I think he can make the silly parts funny, too, such as the review(s) with Spider-Man.

I hate how Holmes did his own crappy version of AVGN, too.

Dreddz
04-23-2008, 09:46 PM
Screwattack as a whole are a bunch of assholes. I dont know what people like about them. AVGN is still cool though.

Markus. D
04-23-2008, 11:18 PM

JaytodaP
04-26-2008, 01:58 AM
My favorite is when hes playing Friday the 13th, and when jason comes out he yells "OH, that scared the :skull::skull::skull::skull: outta me!"

I do that every time im playing Resident Evil, and it tries to get a cheap scare, like randomly in RE3, when revisiting areas and crows now burst from the windows everytime you walk by.

Although he does swear at an unnecessarily high amount, some of the stuff he comes up with is just awesome. Plus, I like him because i find stupid, immature, fart joke comedy to be pretty funny.

Bolivar
04-29-2008, 11:16 PM

I'll never be able to look at that game the same way again.

KentaRawr!
04-29-2008, 11:30 PM

The part where he's trying to jump across the small gap and then discovers he can walk across? That's probably one of my favourite bits. However, I think he can make the silly parts funny, too, such as the review(s) with Spider-Man.

I hate how Holmes did his own crappy version of AVGN, too.

Whoa, where can I see this?

Roto13
04-29-2008, 11:34 PM
YouTube - judekhanzo's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/judekhanzo)

I have no opinion.

KentaRawr!
04-30-2008, 12:01 AM

I have no opinion.

It doesn't seem very AVGN-ish to me, based on his KOFXI review. I probably won't rely on him for game reviewing, but at least he doesn't make me cringe when I hear him speak such as with the AVGN.

Breine
04-30-2008, 10:10 PM

I have no opinion.

OMFG! Is that Joel!? :surprised

EDIT: ... after having read through this thread again I realize it is him :bigsmile: