PDA

View Full Version : Everybody's Nintendo channel announced for North America

Roto13
04-24-2008, 12:52 AM
Linky (http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/04/23/nintendo-channel-launching-simultaneously-with-wiiware/)

Not only is it announced, but it's coming pretty soon. It's going to launch on the same day as WiiWare.

For anyone not familiar with Everybody's Nintendo Channel, it's a service in Japan (a Wii channel, of course) featuring videos, user submitted reviews, and downloadable game demos (... for DS).

So yeah. Yay!

Araciel
04-24-2008, 12:54 AM
If I had a Wii, my pants would be tight.

Pun very much intended.

KentaRawr!
04-24-2008, 01:17 AM
FINALLY.

Roto13
04-24-2008, 04:43 PM
For Europe and Great Justice (http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/04/24/brawl-wiiware-and-nintendo-channel-dated-in-europe/)

Europe will be getting the channel on May 30th. Also, they'll be getting WiiWare on May 20th. It's a good day for release dates for Europe Wii owners. :P

KentaRawr!
04-25-2008, 03:08 AM
Why isn't anyone replying to this? ...

I think the word "Channel" drives people away.

Shoeberto
04-25-2008, 03:36 AM
I dunno. Out of all the things Nintendo could do to create a better online experience for Wii owners, a channel like this isn't really one of the things I'd prioritize.

It'll probably be interesting, but not as interesting as like a SSBB Channel or the possibility to make friends without having to directly share FCs. Or a centralized friends list. There's just a lot more things I'd rather see.

DS demos could be fun, though, if they're done regularly.

Breine
04-25-2008, 04:03 PM
Very good news. Sounds really interesting.

Roto13
05-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Apparently the Nintendo Channel launched today. :P So much for a simultaneous release with Wii Ware.

I'm downloading it now and I'll try it out in a minute.

KentaRawr!
05-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Apparently the Nintendo Channel launched today. :P So much for a simultaneous release with Wii Ware.

I'm downloading it now and I'll try it out in a minute.

I already downloaded it. It's pretty cool, though the info videos are pretty corny. I also figured I'd make a bunch of recommendations on all the games I have, and oddly it included the channels too. I rated the Wii Shop Channel the lowest, and if anyone asks, I'm 200 years old. :p

I haven't gotten to use the DS Download thing-a-majig yet but I look forward to finding my DS so I can use it.

Roto13
05-07-2008, 04:18 PM
I downloaded a couple of demos to my DS. Brain Age 2 (which I already have and is pretty cool) that eye training game (which was every bit as stupid as I thought it would be) and that crossword game (which was actually pretty fun xP). I wonder how often they're going to update those.

EDIT: The "Info" videos are pretty lame. They're fine for games like Wii Fit and stuff, but they try to portray games like Mario Galaxy as casual games, like they're in the same ballpark as Wii Sports or something. Mario Galaxy is not a game a non-gamer is going to be able to just pick up and play for half an hour. Just show a trailer for people who already play games and leave the "Move the control stick to move, press "A" to jump! Wow!" stuff out.

Roogle
05-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Is there a fee for using Everybody's Nintendo?

Roto13
05-07-2008, 09:10 PM
No, it's free. You can buy games directly from the channel if you want, but the videos and demos are free of charge, as would be expected. The channel itself costs 0 points.

Takes up a lot of space, though. :P

KentaRawr!
05-07-2008, 09:39 PM
The VC Info Videos suck.

Check out the one for Sin and Punishment! :p