PDA

View Full Version : If ya don't have the melanin, you're better off stayin' in.

Araciel
04-25-2008, 02:43 AM
So...who here is getting wicked burn by the sun ?!

I myself am enjoying a good early tan..

Pics/comments about how the sun is trying to kill you!

Momiji
04-25-2008, 02:44 AM
You just made this thread to spite me. :mad2:

Araciel
04-25-2008, 02:47 AM
It's delicious.

Rye
04-25-2008, 02:49 AM
Okay, so, before my first day of my senior year (so basically, this summer), I went fishing all day, and I thought I was cool and super Italian and didn't need sunscreen, despite being paler than most Irish girls.

Needless to say, I ended up getting the worst sunburn of my life all over my face. I looked like a monster and my face peeled. How attractive! I had to go through my first day of school, my road test and everything like that! Christ. xD

My LJ friends list laughed heartily at me. :kaocry2:

Jessweeee♪
04-25-2008, 02:54 AM
I stay inside, it's too bright during the day D:

Shoeberto
04-25-2008, 02:59 AM
I tan pretty easily so I've been getting some decent color just walking to class. I'm pretty lucky in how much I don't burn. I have to be out a really long time for that to happen.

rubah
04-25-2008, 03:13 AM
didn't I make a thread like this? ;)

I've been outside a lot more this year than previously without actually really doing anything outside, so I'm getting pretty not-white. Except my legs xD

fire_of_avalon
04-25-2008, 03:25 AM
You can go to hell.

Shlup
04-25-2008, 03:31 AM
I am so pale I'm see-through. Seriously.

Momiji
04-25-2008, 04:20 AM
I am so pale I'm see-through. Seriously.

You have a fantastic bone structure. :p

~*~Celes~*~
04-25-2008, 04:32 AM
I tan pretty easily, considering my Crow, Wyandot, and Ottawa Native American heritages ^^ All the rest of me is white European- British, French, Irish, Scottish, German, Polish. So...yeah, they're like "omg you should be WHITE" and the Native American is like "omg be TAN" and the tan rules :p

Kes
04-25-2008, 05:18 AM
I shouldn't be white, but I am. Have been ever since I discovered this thing called the Internet.

I still don't burn easily though.

Dolentrean
04-25-2008, 05:22 AM
Being all pale and Irishey I dont tan very well :(

Namelessfengir
04-25-2008, 05:29 AM
i need a laptop so i can take my internet outside while i get my tan on

Shiny
04-25-2008, 06:15 AM
I'm gonna soak up the sun. Gonna tell everyone to lighten up.

Montoya
04-25-2008, 07:00 AM
On the way back from the gym, the sun only hits my left arm for roughly twenty minutes. It's starting to get darker than my right arm. :cry:

Vermachtnis
04-25-2008, 07:10 AM
The sun is the evilest invention ever. I don't like it.

Breine
04-25-2008, 09:09 AM
I don't really get sun burns, but I still have a hard time getting a good tan :(

Jojee
04-25-2008, 11:10 AM
I've never gotten a sunburn in my life.

I tan easily ^_^

Relapse
04-25-2008, 11:18 AM
I want to be tanned, but not burned (duh). But I'm just too lazy.

Jess
04-25-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm naturally very very pale. The insides of my arms are kind of see through and my veins are very prominent. However, I tan very easily with little sun - too bad there's no sun! I don't tend to burn, I just use a low factor suncream on very hot days and that does me fine.

I use a higher factor suncream if I'm abroad on holiday, because our English weather doesn't get anywhere near as hot. :jess:

Rantz
04-25-2008, 11:51 AM
I think I used sunscreen once. I don't get burned much, and I'm not that pale either. It's a-OK.

Peegee
04-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Oh man I'm so looking forward to working outside ^_^

I tend to think I'm immune to sunburns, but I can be burned after like, 5 hours in the sun.

edit:

I'm seriously sad that Rye rye's 'north italian' and can't tan =(

Randgris
04-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Sun or no sun my color is still the same. I'm still brown cause I'm Asian. I don't like the sun though. It makes me sweaty.

I'm staying indoors so I could become white + papaya/whitening soap.

Araciel
04-25-2008, 05:06 PM
I'm naturally very very pale. The insides of my arms are kind of see through and my veins are very prominent.

uhm...EWWWWW :P

I have the same problem, and I'm not naturally pale :S

Rye
04-25-2008, 06:04 PM

Hahaha. xD Yeah, we're very north Italian. I used to be able to tan well, and my Dad can, but I'm just so pale from being inside so much that there's no hope for me now.

Peegee
04-25-2008, 06:06 PM
How can you 'used to' tan well but now can't?

I refuse to believe Ryechu can't tan.

;____________________;

Araciel
04-25-2008, 06:18 PM
How can you 'used to' tan well but now can't?

I refuse to believe Ryechu can't tan.

;____________________;

Happens to people like me who are half-breeds too.

Montoya
04-25-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm not pale, but I'm very light skinned. I don't even want to tan though, I get sunburned very easily, sometimes just by being out on the sun for three hours and I live in Southern California so it sucks even more. Most white people here are way more tanned than I am.
The sun is evil, I need sunglasses. :cool:

ljkkjlcm9
04-25-2008, 07:17 PM
my hair actually changes color based on how much sun I get. The more sun I get, the lighter it gets, almost to a dirty blonde. But right now I haven't gotten much sun, so I actually have a dark brown hair. I hadn't seen one of my friends for awhile and they thought I dyed my hair because it was so much darker than when they had last seen me.

as for my skin, I suppose I'd burn, but I never actually go outside to tan or anything like that.

THE JACKEL

Tama2
04-25-2008, 07:30 PM
I thank my Mexican side for allowing me to tan well. Plus, I was born and raised in a hot ass desert.

mooglebunni608
04-25-2008, 08:48 PM
My face burns like whoa. I have a red spot on my nose ATM, and I really hope it isn't skin cancer because my aunt had the same thing happen to her and had to have it removed ><
I think I'll get some spray on tan and turn orange <3

Zeldy
04-26-2008, 06:53 PM
The sun makes me burn so bad xD

Shauna
04-26-2008, 06:55 PM
I don't burn. I tan awesomely. Unless I get far too much sun. Then I burn and blister and :(.

41-Inches-Wide
04-27-2008, 04:09 PM
I have an all-year round tan. It's a healthy-looking color. :heart:

smittenkitten
04-27-2008, 07:47 PM
I don't tan and I rarely burn. Also I live in Scotland we don't have a sun, just rain and clouds. :p

scrumpleberry
04-27-2008, 08:40 PM

Hahaha. xD Yeah, we're very north Italian. I used to be able to tan well, and my Dad can, but I'm just so pale from being inside so much that there's no hope for me now.

My dad's "North Italian" and I can tan alright. I do have to be careful though - it needs to be exactly the right amount of sunnage or else I burn. It's quite funny actually, sometimes I tan and sometimes I burn. Give it another try Ryechu, be a little more careful next time.

Tallulah
04-27-2008, 11:19 PM
I'm like my dad in that although I have pale skin, I tan very well, though one time when I was walking back from the bus stop (I got off the bus several stops early and thought I'd walk the short cut home because it was such a nice day) I got sunburn on the back of my neck, through walking down a straight road with my back to the sun.

Back in the early Sixties when the United Kingdom was terribly racist, my dad, having come back from duty in Hong Kong, quite tanned, tried to get into a hotel bar with an Anglo-Indian friend. My dad was refused entry because of the colour of his skin, yet he's from Perth, Scotland! :eek: The most ironic thing was, the management was prepared to let his friend in. Of course, they didn't go into the establishment on principle. Sad, but true.