PDA

View Full Version : 100+% cpu with firefox 3b5

rubah
04-25-2008, 03:16 AM
it's really weird, but earlier this afternoon, stu mentioned firefox was giving him some high cpu usage, and then I looked at my cpu usage and it was 80% on one core and 20% on the other and the internal temperature was well over 70C (I had my fans on low at the time). and I've been having the cpu usage climb high every time I've had firefox open, sometimes within a couple of minutes, sometimes after about five minutes. I can't really find anything that definitely causes it x.x; I closed all my programs and trinkets except activity montior to watch it and it would list firefox3 as going over 100% cpu x.x;

I don't remember this happening before @_@ maybe I just didn't notice.

Maybe I just need a good reboot xD

(But stu mentioned it first?!)

It's been open five minutes, I've loaded gmail once and come back to this page, and now it's disgustingly high.

[edit- only two minutes this time!]

[edit- I deleted teh ff3b5 folder and reinstalled ff3b4 (since that was the only .dmg file I had xD) and it hasn't gone up to insane yet. I'll probably redownload ff3b5 later)

Kes
04-25-2008, 05:50 AM
Hm. I just downloaded it because I was having similar memory leak problems with Safari. Firefox climbs, yes, but at a much slower rate for me.

Maybe one of the addons you downloaded is eating it?

((Do I even know what I'm talking about?))

rubah
04-25-2008, 07:14 AM
I've only got three extensions, and I've been using them forever :p

It's stopped doing whatever with b4, so I guess a reinstall was all it wanted. Maybe it got lonely waiting for the next update.

crono_logical
04-25-2008, 08:18 AM
I've had no problems with b5 :p I can only point at an extension you've got, maybe it's happy with b4 but buggy in b5 :p

Roto13
04-25-2008, 01:54 PM
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/1327586/posts ?

rubah
04-25-2008, 04:11 PM
no munty, like I've said, I've been using these extensions the entire time and it just started happening yesterday. No roto, that is for old versions of firefox, see how it's from 2005, and also it's RAM not cpu.

It is not my extensions. I disabled them all one at a time and each time it still did it. I think I'll just wait around with b4 for now.

KH-Cloudy
04-28-2008, 05:02 AM
Good thing I didn't click that little pop-up from the bottom right hand corner.

This was informative! :D
Still using B4. Hehe.