PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix Tries Survival Horror on DS

Nifleheim7
04-25-2008, 03:43 PM
Posts tagged Nanashi no game at DS Fanboy (http://www.dsfanboy.com/tag/nanashi-no-game/)

The concept reminds me of the Ring films and the first person perspective is a no-no for me,but i like that S-E tries to expand their genres of interest.:)
Btw,was Parasite Eve also survival horror?Never tried that one.

Alucard von Elru
04-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Hmm... Well, the first Parasite Eve was a rather unique action/RPG with survivor horror elements running rampant. PE2, however, was an outright RE2/3 clone, but with combat I could actually kind of stand. Interesting to see them tackling the genre again, at any rate.

Roogle
04-25-2008, 08:35 PM
The concept reminds me of the Ring films and the first person perspective is a no-no for me,but i like that S-E tries to expand their genres of interest.:)

I agree. I like that Square Enix tries to expand their portfolio of video game genres, but I think that they do not do a very good job on games that are not role-playing games.

Alucard von Elru
04-26-2008, 03:25 AM
Einhander begs to differ, but I'd let you call that an exception. :P It's one of the best shooters of all time, and is made with the same quality and care as their classic PS1 RPGs. However, yeah, a lot of their more action-focused RPGs in that era and beyond were rough, and although I like Bushido Blade 1 and 2, I'd hardly call them as polished as they NEED to be.

But yeah, seeing the post-merger company doing anything that's not a sequel or a port deserves at least some attention. I hope it turns out well!

Jessweeee♪
04-26-2008, 03:41 AM
Square, your new DS games will earn you back my heart~

Roto13
04-26-2008, 05:15 AM
Squenix has been doing a bunch of non Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest stuff these days. I hear The World Ends With You (or TWEWY as I love to call it) is actually pretty good.

As for this game, it sounds like it could be incredibly awesome. I'm looking forward to reading more about it.

Jessweeee♪
04-26-2008, 04:49 PM
IT'S SO AWESOME IT WON'T RUN ON ANY EMULATOR AND I'LL HAVE TO ACUTALLY BUY IT WHICH IS KEWL 'CUZ I THINK IT'LL DEFINITELY BE WORTH IT.