PDA

View Full Version : Quick Queston.

sillybuttons™
04-26-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm finally playing through FFVII for the first time (I know, what am I playing at?) Anyhoo. Im at the GI caves and need to know if I've missed something for good or if I can still go back and get it. It's the Mythril Item that you get from the guy in the cave. I have just found out that I would have got it if I had have done a certain amount of battles. I believe this item is for Aeris' best limit break and really dont want to miss it. Can I get it at a later point or do I need to go back to a previous save? I'm using multiple saves and have one not long before I went to the cave but Ive done so much since then like maxing out a fair few materia and got beta for 3 of my enemy skill materias so I really dont want to have to go back this far, but if needs must.......:mog:

Edit: Oh and another question. Has anyone got a good link to somewhere I can get the instructions for the game from (for PC). I'm having a bit trouble working out how some of the materia works. I dont want a list of combinations (not gonna cheat my first time round) just an explanation of all the individual materia. Thanks.

Aerith's Knight
04-26-2008, 09:25 PM
.. what? GI caves, do you mean like the Gi cave? you can get an all or elemental(i dont remem) materia there that you shouldve gotten.

you can go to gamefaqs.com and look for a materia guide.. i believe there are several

cloud21zidane16
04-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Mythril is in a cave thats hidden near by Fort Condor, you can get back there as soon as you have the buggy which you have now. You dont recieve anything like that from the GI Cave. However you cant get back in there again should you miss anything.

sillybuttons™
04-26-2008, 09:30 PM
Sorry AK I meant the earlier cave with the sleeping guy who gives you either the mythrill or a turbo ether (I think) Near the myrthril mines. Thanks for the link BTW.:mog:

cloud21zidane16 Yeah I worded my question wrong. Problem is my buggy broke down. Can I goback to that cave (near fort condor) later on and get the mythril?:mog:

Aerith's Knight
04-26-2008, 09:33 PM
you have to get a 4 digit number of battles i believe to get the stuff from him.. like 1111 or 4444 battles.. and if you ever ran away, he'll laugh at you.

but its worth it, so you can get Aeriths level 4 limit break.. not that you'll ever get to impliment it on her though

sillybuttons™
04-26-2008, 09:46 PM
you have to get a 4 digit number of battles i believe to get the stuff from him.. like 1111 or 4444 battles.. and if you ever ran away, he'll laugh at you.

So does that mean I can still get it?

[/quote]not that you'll ever get to impliment it on her though[/quote]

Why? (if it's a spoiler then don't answer):mog:

Aerith's Knight
04-26-2008, 09:52 PM
If you ran away then he'll say: "haha.. you ran away xxxx times.."

and then you dont get it.. you'll get the mythril when your battles line up with digits..

and its a spoiler.. but i never really thought you wouldnt know about it.. its quite famous.

sillybuttons™
04-26-2008, 09:58 PM
and its a spoiler.. but i never really thought you wouldnt know about it.. its quite famous.

I try to not know anything about a game before I play it.

I Ran away from a battle with the Midgar Zolom whan I first encountered it and dont have a save before this. So I've missed it?:mog:

Aerith's Knight
04-26-2008, 10:01 PM
no, no, youre supposed to run from midgar zolom..

just relax and forget it.. its nothing you need to know or have already passed.

sillybuttons™
04-26-2008, 10:09 PM
no, no, youre supposed to run from midgar zolom..

just relax and forget it.. its nothing you need to know or have already passed.

OK. Saying as you seem to be the living bible of FF, I'll take your word for it lol. Cheers AK.:mog:

Big D
04-27-2008, 11:16 AM
My strongest advice for enjoying FFVII the first time you play it:

Don't read any guides, or FAQs, or forum entries on it. Just play it and make the decisions that seem best to you at the time. Side-quests and missable items... those can wait till you've completed the game, then there's no chance of accidentally having the plot's major points ruined by spoilers.

That being said... you can never truly miss out on anyone's level 4 limit break. Those things are always available, even if some of them involve tricky procedures and quests to get hold of them.
:)

Quindiana Jones
04-27-2008, 11:41 AM
I reckon you should just linear play it through the first time. Get what's given etc and don't go searching.

My first playthrough of any game is for the story. And with FF7, I didn't even bother getting Vincent or Yuffie or any extras. It makes the games better when you replay them, because you're finding something new. :D

Masamunemaster
04-27-2008, 07:10 PM

but its worth it, so you can get Aeriths level 4 limit break.. not that you'll ever get to impliment it on her though

Sorry to ruin it for you Aerith's Knight...but only the last 3 digits have to be the same:D

Aerith's Knight
04-27-2008, 08:51 PM

Sorry to ruin it for you Aerith's Knight...but only the last 3 digits have to be the same:D

doesnt really matter.. i never went there before i hit the 4 digits.. and seeing as you only line up the last three anyway.. it wasnt that big a deal..

id just come back later if there were a lot of battles left

Elly
04-29-2008, 02:14 AM
actualy it's only the last 2 digits that have to be the same for you to get the Mythril, check out my post here ( http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-vii/115580-if-you-could-bring-aeris-back-2.html ) for why you want the Mythril and how to obtain it early... it hit me that it was possible the moment i realized i took the buggy from Costa Del Sol to Junon by ship...

Do not post spoilers. ~ Leeza

Aerith's Knight
04-29-2008, 03:08 AM
that would be a thread full of spoilers -_-''

Elly
04-29-2008, 01:31 PM
sorry didn't think my post was much of a spoiler (i didn't expect anyone to read the whole thread as that is full of spoilers, just my one post was all) but i wanted to clarify that it was only the last 2 digits that have to match, since everyone else was giving sillybuttons the wrong info about it...

Aerith's Knight
04-29-2008, 03:45 PM
youre right that i didnt know about that.. pretty nifty.

the first time i read a guide, now that i think back, i think it said last 3.. i suppose it was wrong..

makes it a lot easier though xD

The Crystal
04-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Sillybuttons, I suggest you to just play the game, and don't enter the internet to look for any information about it.
FFVII have more than 10 years, and is very popular. It's very hard to not find a spoiler about it's plot on the internet.

Ah, and when leaving this forum, DON'T use "Log Out", because there is a spoiler to FFVII in it. Just leave this page.

TheSpoonyBard
04-29-2008, 05:25 PM

Only the last two digits have to be the same. If they're even you'll be given a Bolt Ring. If they're the odd you'll get a piece of Mythril.

Aerith's Knight
04-29-2008, 05:57 PM

Only the last two digits have to be the same. If they're even you'll be given a Bolt Ring. If they're the odd you'll get a piece of Mythril.

read first, then post.. it was already pointed out.

sillybuttons™
05-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the help all. It is the last 2 digits. AK is slipping lol. Got the Mythril. Too late it seems though. Didn't see that coming.
SB™:mog:

Aerith's Knight
05-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Now you know :cry:

and know why we remember :(

never actually knew it was the last 2 digits.. but seeing as.. youknow, it wasnt something i really focussed on getting.

sillybuttons™
05-08-2008, 06:39 PM
To tell you the truth I didn't really like Aeris. Too needy if you ask me. Now Yuffie, theres a gal.:mog:

Aerith's Knight
05-08-2008, 06:52 PM
:mad2:

sillybuttons™
05-08-2008, 07:03 PM
:mad2:

Looks like I upset someone. I still stand by my statement. Yuffie rules, Aeris doesn't. (sorry AK).:mog:

Aerith's Knight
05-08-2008, 07:26 PM
well.. it seems i shall have to mock thee with quiet sarcasm in the shadows of your thread. :)

Elly
05-08-2008, 09:40 PM
it's ok there's many of us that like Yuffie more than Aerith, and i personaly believe Yuffie gets slammed on too much for no real reason by other fans... Conformer + Morph = Easy Sources, though to be fair Aerith's Lvl.4 Limit Break makes the whole party invincible negating any need for sources, but that's temporary and Sources are permanant... so yes Yuffie Rules and Aerith is just ok... the secret to making Aerith usefull (beyond her Limit Breaks), is the Elemental Materia, equip an "Elemental" with an elemental property materia the local monsters are weak to onto her weapon and she's front-row ready for combat...