PDA

View Full Version : What School Sounds the Best?

Shiny
04-26-2008, 09:52 PM
School A

Offering me approximately 16,000 dollars
In a bad urban area
Has new laptops that come equipped with editing suites and a webcam
Offers a diverse art program
I know one other person who is going here yet I don't really talk to them

School B

Offering between 5,000 and 8,000 dollars
Many accomplished alumni have gone here
In an urban area in the city
Off campus housing is nice and private
Offers alot of interships for film/television production
I know one other person going here yet I only converse with them occasionally

School C

Offering me about 4,500 dollars
Tuition is cheaper than the other two
In a surburban area close to home
I know alot of people going here
If I roomed here I'd be rooming with 3 of my friends in a small room

Woodinator
04-29-2008, 07:28 AM
I go to a school in a not so great area, and it is pretty safe on campus and really nice. Though, if you walk a few blocks down in a certain direction it is not even close to being safe alone at night.

If you're going into film/television production it sounds like school B is the best choice, because what's most important is how well it suits your career goals IMO, and then you look at cost. Plus, living with friends can go downhill very fast, even if you are very close.

fire_of_avalon
04-29-2008, 07:34 AM
School B is your best bet, based on the limited info you gave us. You gonna be able to find any more money in loans and such? Anyway, it sounds like it's going to give you the best education - which is what's most important. I'm a homebody, I really am, and I hate that I live 4 hours from home. But my education is very important so I went to the school that best served me.

You'll make friends once you're there, silly.

rubah
04-29-2008, 04:55 PM
I agree with foa. Especially about the chances for internships. That's almost the only way you can get started without family/friend connections in some careers.

eestlinc
05-01-2008, 08:08 AM
What level of school? Four year university?

I enjoyed going to school in a bad urban area. It was a good life experience. But I'm also not the best target for mugging.

Shiny
05-01-2008, 10:44 PM
What level of school? Four year university?

I enjoyed going to school in a bad urban area. It was a good life experience. But I'm also not the best target for mugging.
All are four year universities, but I'm thinking about going for about 6 years to get a MFA in Film/Video/Television Production. I don't know if I'll be getting a masters at any of those universities though. I guess if I end up not liking School B I'll just transfer after the first year so I can get a full tuition refund.

And yeah, I'm short and relatively thin, so I have a feeling I'd be an easy target for that kind of stuff. xD

Thanks gaiz. I'm happy so far with School B. Especially since I found out the bus I live by takes me straight to the city. Now I don't have to worry about getting murdered on the subway. :greenie:

eestlinc
05-05-2008, 05:41 AM
Sounds like you have made a good choice.