PDA

View Full Version : Was Sora justified in killing the Organisation members?

jammi567
04-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Note: This also includes the members from CoM, and Final Mix cutscenes from all the games.

I mean, sure,for some of them he was (Saix and Xaldin come to mind...). However, for members like Demyx, there was no way that he should have got away with killing him.

Jessweeee♪
04-26-2008, 11:56 PM
Demyx was just putting on an act if you ask me :p

...but I was pretty sad about some of them dying :cry:

Mercen-X
04-28-2008, 07:33 PM
I don't think Xemnas' plan was too well thought out. Some of these members seemed human enough, but they all wanted one thing. They wanted to be whole again and would stop at nothing to get that. This meant that they would continue to be a very real threat.

Roogle
05-01-2008, 06:35 PM
I thought that certain members of Organization XIII were eliminated too quickly or easily to represent a credible threat; furthermore, their final scenes felt very sad rather than indignant, as if the game wants you to sympathize and understand the villains' plight, too.

Ouch!
05-01-2008, 08:58 PM
I definitely agree that we were supposed to sympathize with the Organization members to an extent, and I find it unfortunate that Sora's character never did; it would have added a dimension to the game is Sora began to realize that while the Organization members were sadistic and cruel, they really only wanted to be human again. While they still needed to be stopped, some recognition of this by the characters would have been welcome.

Dolentrean
05-01-2008, 09:05 PM
I definitely agree that we were supposed to sympathize with the Organization members to an extent, and I find it unfortunate that Sora's character never did; it would have added a dimension to the game is Sora began to realize that while the Organization members were sadistic and cruel, they really only wanted to be human again. While they still needed to be stopped, some recognition of this by the characters would have been welcome.

What he said, only add the word sextastic and awesome to the fray somewhere...

But yah, this is how I felt about Organization XIII

Justified? Yes
Understanding of what he was doing? No

PuPu
05-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Organization XIII had a good reason for the things they did. However, Sora was also justified in killing them, since they did do some catastrophic things as well as stuff that pissed off Sora.

Xemnas wanted absorb the power of Kingdom Hearts.
Xigbar turned an ancient dragon into the Heartless, Storm Rider.
Xaldin tried to turn Beast into a Nobody.
Saix kidnapped Kairi (big mistake).
Demyx caused some havoc in the Underworld.
Luxord awakened the zombies in Port Royal.
Marluxia tried to manipulate Sora.
Larxene did basically the same as Marluxia.

All of those things that they did, while you could say they were justified, that doesn't necessarily mean that OXIII is completely faultless. Technically, you could something like a thief stealing money for his family is justified, but that doesn't make it acceptable.

As for the others...

Axel became his ally, Roxas essentially IS him, and Sora never even met Lexaeus or Zexion.
The only one who probably didn't deserve to die was Vexen, since he tried to help Sora in Castle Oblivion. But then again, it wasn't technically Sora who killed him.

Goldenboko
05-02-2008, 12:43 AM
If I wanted to get my leg back, and knew I could do so by killing 10,000 people, would that be justified?

Ouch!
05-02-2008, 01:18 AM
While I understand your point--justified is not the right term to apply in this situation--I think your analogy fails for a single reason. A heart--which is synonymous with one's ability to feel emotions in the mythos of Kingdom Hearts--is not the same as a leg. I hope that losing your leg would not remove your ability to have a conscience. Nobodies have no heart and thus no conscience, so the circumstances are different. No more justified, but different.

Roxxas
05-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Totally justified. They caused a rediculous amount of havoc. Sure there situation sucked but others shouldn't pay for it. Also he most likely put them out of there misery. Everyone wins.

Ace14
05-02-2008, 07:13 PM
He should of at least gave some of the organization members a chance and tried to make em see that they were doing wrong like Demyx probably could've gotten a heart if he worked with Sora on the good side somehow but Sora was mean and made fun of him. Other deserved to die like Xaldin and Xigbar and Xemnas and especially Larxene. I don't think he was right in killing them right away just because they were part of the organization.

Roogle
05-02-2008, 07:39 PM
I think that Sora and other characters in the game were very cruel when it came to addressing the villains. Yen Sid, for example, was very harsh in his judgments and explanations on what Nobodies are, and it still confuses me when you contrast the scene with Yen Sid and see Axel in his last scene.

jammi567
05-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Axel became his ally,
I seem to remember that Axel went to Kairi first, and kidnapped her before Saix stole her from him.

Clawsze
05-11-2008, 11:31 PM
Axel became his ally,
I seem to remember that Axel went to Kairi first, and kidnapped her before Saix stole her from him.

But he only kidnapped Kairi so he could try to get Sora/Roxas to meet him, to try to get Roxas to rejoin, as he missed him.
IMHO Org XIII had a good reason to be...Org XIII, but like most people, they went the wrong way about it. I think some deserved to die while others just...well...you get the point.

Deserved it: Xemnas (Good idea, bad execution and a warped idea)

Xigbar (Turned a holy dragon into a demon, nuf said)

Xaldin (EVIL SIDEBURNS OF DOOOOOOM!!!!)

Saix (Too loyal to Xemnas)

Luxord (Revived Zombies for a game basically)

Marluxia (Tried to be a Xemnas, failed miserably. Nice hair though ¬_¬)

Larxene (Sadistic bitch, with a kinky name)

Depends: Vexen (Helped Sora, but that was to further his research, whether that was good or bad...)

Leaxeus (Not enough screentime to judge really)

Zexion (Seemed loyal to Org XIII, but never really seemed...evil)

Demyx (The whole mood-swing in Radiant Gardens puts him in doubt, whether the whole "Silence Traitor" was his true attitude, or a facade to scare Sora)

Didn't deserve it: Axel (For obvious reasons, but he might of survived if not for the...Kamikaze)

Roxas (Technically the only member to survive, albeit in Sora's heart)