PDA

View Full Version : Devil May Cry 4

CimminyCricket
04-27-2008, 09:19 AM
I have no clue how long this game has been out, but I bought a new XBOX 360 today be cause I'm getting paid in 4 days and I figured, what the hell. Anyway, this game freakin' rules. I love it.
I dunno why I love it, but I do. Who all has played it here? I want more Devil May Cry. I haven't beaten this one, so I'm not sure about how it'll work, but CAPCOM better hurry up and make another. I'm not in the mood to wait.

Markus. D
04-27-2008, 09:34 AM
I LOVE IT!

They did a good job of letting one learn the tricks before the game really got impossible (unlike 3).

Trish suprised me o.o;

Dreddz
04-27-2008, 10:22 AM
I was very disappointed by the end of it. They really made the last half of that game a drag. If it wasnt having to play each boss 3 times and the backtracking I might of given a more favourable opinion.

On the plus side, the boss battles were awesome.

Quindiana Jones
04-27-2008, 11:28 AM
I was never really into the way DMCs were played. They never seemed that great to me. Is this game any different? Worth getting?

Markus. D
04-27-2008, 12:02 PM
I was very disappointed by the end of it. They really made the last half of that game a drag. If it wasnt having to play each boss 3 times and the backtracking I might of given a more favourable opinion.

On the plus side, the boss battles were awesome.

I've only played through about half... is it worth the rest?

Like, DMC3 epic D:?

Dreddz
04-27-2008, 12:54 PM
I've only played through about half... is it worth the rest?

Like, DMC3 epic D:?

Its Dantes section of the game that really dampens things. You backtrack through all of Nero's section and have to play all of the boss's again (who show no change since the last encounter). You may as well play through it (especially seeing as you paid for the game). You get to play as Nero for the last two missions but you'll probably find that these are the worst missions of the entire game. One consists of facing each boss fight.......again. And the other a basic repeat of an earlier boss fight with a few differences. That should give you an idea why I felt so let down by the end.

The problem lies in the fact that Capcom inflated this games length by relying on backtracking, repeated boss fights and that stupid dice game that pops up several times throughout. Capcom made DMC4 a complete letdown for me and I only hope they put more effort into DMC5 when it is inevitably made.

Markus. D
04-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Oh Boo ;\!

Well, I didn't mind the re-boss fights in DMC3 (but they also were more challenging/had added flavor).

I guess I'll head over to my friend's place sometime and finish it =]

CimminyCricket
04-27-2008, 11:23 PM
AH! I have found backtracking (I just started playing this game last night) and it is annoying. I've gone back as far as I can go, so I went ALL the way back so that I could back track again from the beginning and see if there was something I missed.

Dolentrean
04-27-2008, 11:29 PM
I have beaten the game on every mode except for Dante Must Die (On Level 8) And Hell or Hell mode (haven't unlocked) I also have one more ability needed for both Dante and Nero but I am within 5,000 proud souls of having the 105,000 souls.

Backtracking was annoying as hell, but I still like it.