PDA

View Full Version : Do it Yourself

smittenkitten
04-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Yesterday at work I was at the tilll when these two girls came in the shop. They were about 10 years old and kept staring at me. Eventually they came up to me giggling and asked if they could ask me some questions. I was a bit confused but said yes. They then asked "How old are you?" I asked why but they giggled and said they were sent by their brother to investigate me. :p

Do you send your friends or worse your little sister to the person you fancy or do you do it yourself? :mog:

Rye
04-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Ahahaha, that's super cute. xD I bet BoB was full of jealousy and fury and went super saiyan and fought this competitor!

I do it myself, generally. I do tend to tell my close friends though so they can tell if they think the person likes me, or if they person said anything about liking me to them. Worked for me last time. :bigsmile:

Lawr
04-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Rye wins.

NeoCracker
04-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Do you "do it" yourself? :jokey:
(Sorry, couldn't resist, thats like, one of the only two good parts in that movie. :p)

But I wouldn't send someone else, that just seems pathetic. :p

41-Inches-Wide
04-27-2008, 04:06 PM
Awwww smittie! :kaoclove: That's what you get for being so beautiful.

I dunno. I feel embarassed to use other people for whatever especially in finding out stuff about someone I like.
I will usually just go and say to a boy 'Um I like you! Please let me get to know you!' or do things to get to know him.

But I would really feel super giddy if someone who liked me tried to get to know me by asking other people about me for him. :kaoclove: that would be so cute and cool.

Kes
04-27-2008, 04:48 PM
My friends end up knowing when I have a crush on someone because I'm so obvious about it etc. and they may try and help out (e.g. optimal movie seating (http://xkcd.com/173/)) but I would never ask them.

Earlier this year a friend of mine recruited me to try and do this. It was super awkward and fell through pretty quickly. Granted, I half hoped it would be like a teen movie and the guy would fall for me instead because that would have been much with the lawls.

Rye
04-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Earlier this year a friend of mine recruited me to try and do this. It was super awkward and fell through pretty quickly. Granted, I half hoped it would be like a teen movie and the guy would fall for me instead because that would have been much with the lawls.

I love you so much. xD

Araciel
04-27-2008, 05:02 PM
No no, I'm not in 6th grade anymore.

Bahamut2000X
04-27-2008, 05:06 PM
Ahahaha, that's super cute. xD I bet BoB was full of jealousy and fury and went super saiyan and fought this competitor!

I get a sudden image of BoB in an alley way bludgeoning some guy with a bag full of Ciddies pop up in my head for some reason.

As for sending people to get info on a potential mate, genius I've never thought of that before. I think I'll need to rework my strategies in this 'dating' battle thing. :shifty:

escobert
04-27-2008, 06:00 PM
i make bert do it. he's good at whatever he does. :love:

Vermachtnis
04-27-2008, 06:06 PM
Nope, my little sister is a jerk and kinda past the cute stage. Although I do have a little cusin I can exploit. But alas, I am terribly timid in the real world and won't do a thing but buy stuff from the cute bookstore girl(s).

Aerith's Knight
04-27-2008, 06:38 PM
I am charming enough to do it myself.. although i do always screw it up in the end.. but if i'd ask this of my friends, they'd laugh at me.. and my little sister.. she'd hit me.. hard!

Jess
04-27-2008, 06:49 PM
I prefer it if somebody has the guts to tell me themselves rather than getting somebody else to do it.

I'll always tell the person myself, or if I am being a coward I just won't tell them at all. Similar to Rye, I might ask a friend for advice or for an opinion or something. :jess:

Breine
04-27-2008, 07:23 PM
I prefer it if somebody has the guts to tell me themselves rather than getting somebody else to do it.

I'll always tell the person myself, or if I am being a coward I just won't tell them at all. Similar to Rye, I might ask a friend for advice or for an opinion or something. :jess:

This. Doing it yourself is the way to go. Doing otherwise reminds me of the awkward days of being 11-14 years old :monkey:

Old Manus
04-27-2008, 07:39 PM
Ahahaha, that's super cute. xD I bet BoB was full of jealousy and fury and went super saiyan and fought this competitor!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/oldmanus/hahaohwow.jpg

Breine
04-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Ahahaha, that's super cute. xD I bet BoB was full of jealousy and fury and went super saiyan and fought this competitor!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/oldmanus/hahaohwow.jpg

xD

Rye
04-27-2008, 08:19 PM

I love you, Manus. xD

For curiosity sake, is that a statistical graph behind that guy in the picture? :bigsmile:

XxSephirothxX
04-27-2008, 08:29 PM
Using somebody else would be even more embarrassing than doing it yourself! I think that's crossing the line between shyness and cowardice.

Vikeve
04-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Hah, that's a super cute story!

You should just do it yourself otherwise someone like Kes (or me) would still him or her from you! For instance (well, this wasn't my fault) I was talking with a few friends when mariah said to me, "That man over there (An upperclassmen) is the most beautiful man I have ever seen in my entire life!" And he was so I agreed. When Jordan called over to him and said,"She thinks your hot!" but he pointed at me instead of my friend so he laughed and told me I was hot and now we talk every so often when we see each other.:jess:

Heath
04-27-2008, 10:39 PM
For curiosity sake, is that a statistical graph behind that guy in the picture? :bigsmile:

That guy? That guy? Good God, woman. Learn yourself some Tintin.

I'd rather do it myself. Naturally I'd consider enlisting a number of people to help me set up a comprehensive spy network to get some recon duties out the way and to verify any existing intelligence before making any moves on any particular female. However, once I've checked the intelligence and cross-referenced it, I'd be man enough to ask myself. That's right ladies, I'm willing to rival MI5 for your hearts.

Aerith's Knight
04-27-2008, 10:43 PM
what on earth is it with eoff and statistical graphs 0_o

Dr. Acula
04-28-2008, 01:48 AM
I have a crazy disability called "Unbelievable shyness" which stops me from telling any guy that I like them. I've never, EVER told a guy I have a crush on how I feel, and I've never got my friends to do it either. It's pretty sad.:(

Shlup
04-28-2008, 01:53 AM
It's, uh... never come up, really. I did send my friend to break up with my boyfriend of a week in 7th grade though. I was pretty mad at him and didn't even want to look at him.

Captain Maxx Power
04-28-2008, 02:17 AM
I'd always do it myself, but I'd send in a scouting party first. Usually I find out if the person is seeing someone before I even try. So far my success rate has been 0%.

Citizen Bleys
04-28-2008, 04:14 AM
I get a sudden image of BoB in an alley way bludgeoning some guy with a bag full of Ciddies pop up in my head for some reason.

No, BoB would just hit on the interloper and scar him for life

On topic, no, I'd never get someone to "investigate" a girl for me. I'm not twelve. On the other hand, I am happily single, so I don't try very hard at all anyways.

Namelessfengir
04-28-2008, 04:40 AM
I asked why but they giggled and said they were sent by their brother to investigate me. :p

you should have called the brother over and said "your actually kinda cute.... i might have been interested if you had the balls to ask me yourself, WUSSY!!!

when i actually see someone im interested in i go ask them problem is i usually see them in a different town, like i saw this real cute chick 75 miles to the east

im in a small town so all the chicks there know my fucked up history so that tends to kill me chances

The Unknown Guru
04-28-2008, 04:59 AM
No no, I'm not in 6th grade anymore.

This.

Blue Harvest
04-28-2008, 10:47 AM
I do it myself. Hell, I did it just the other day :p

Peegee
04-28-2008, 01:34 PM
.....who does this?

Evastio
04-28-2008, 07:10 PM
I don't like having too many people getting involved with my love life so I do those kind of things myself.

mooglebunni608
04-28-2008, 07:25 PM
I don't tell any of my friends who I'm REALLY REALLY into, but my best friend usually picks up on it and gets me a guys number because I'm shy ><

Big D
04-29-2008, 01:35 AM
I do tend to tell my close friends though so they can tell if they think the person likes me, or if they person said anything about liking me to them. <s>Worked for me last time. :bigsmile:</s> This is how it often happens with me. In the past, well-intentioned friends have offered to 'investigate' for me - i.e., talk to her to gauge her opinion of me. Outcomes not good.

These days, I usually keep the details of my infrequent attractions strictly to myself, though I'll occasionally talk about it with one or two people. Either way, I always follow it up by doing nothing about it and just waiting for it to go away.

Blue Harvest
04-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Honesty is the best way to go. Trust me, it worked with my current crush =]

Caraliz
04-29-2008, 10:08 PM
i usually make the first move all the friggin time. D; i hate doing it but i hate sitting around waiting around to find out if someone likes me. it pisses me off. bollocks, it lets me get it down and be like "you like me, okay, good. no? great whatever." and it really lets me separate myself from being hurt because i'm never wondering about anything.

Jojee
04-29-2008, 10:12 PM
I pretty much never make the first move :p If I like a guy I'll wait for him to make the first move. If he doesn't... he sucks D: he should.

If I don't actually like the guy I have no trouble making the first move though / hitting on people excessively /etc xD Then it's just all in good fun.

Relapse
04-30-2008, 11:28 AM
self. even tho i'm kinda :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty, i guess DIY is better than asking others to do. what if the person ends up liking the guy?

BardTard
04-30-2008, 09:56 PM
I let other people do the chasing.
Actually, they just kind of do it without me wanting it, most of the time.

But if I WANT to chase other people, I'll do it myself without asking other people to do it for me. But I do have an aunt who gives out my number to Steak and Shake against my will. :(

Rye
04-30-2008, 10:02 PM
I've never really asked a guy out myself, so in that way, I don't make the first move, but I flirt like crazy.