PDA

View Full Version : A womans place is in the Kitchen

NeoCracker
04-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Now now, before you start claiming I'm a sexist, hear me out.

I have been in this world for over 20 years, and I have come to learn something.

Men are typically far better cooks then women. That leads me to wonder, why is it that Women are the ones cast into the kitchen if men are obviously superior in that area?

Then it dawned on me, men are a generous creature. They heard the womens cries for equality, and decided what better way to make them equal, then to bring them up to par?

So by tossing all the women in the kitchen, we are training them to be equal with the men.

Discuss.

Rye
04-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Devil Man, is that you? :bigsmile:

Vermachtnis
04-27-2008, 04:36 PM
But, I fail in the kitchen. :(

Old Manus
04-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Soon we'll be doing something really crazy, like giving them the vote.

41-Inches-Wide
04-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Men are generally useless except when I need them to open cans and bottles.

NeoCracker
04-27-2008, 04:43 PM
Oh, we guys go through all this trouble to make you feel equal, and then you have to talk down on us?

Thats it, no more hugs for you. :mad2:

KoShiatar
04-27-2008, 04:43 PM
You should see me and boyfriend in the kitchen before claiming than men are better cooks than women.

NeoCracker
04-27-2008, 04:46 PM
It's not an absolute statement. There are freaks of nature out there.

You, however, are proof that our generosity pays off.

Bahamut2000X
04-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Actually I'm inclined to agree with Neo here. Maybe it's just a crazy Ohio thing, but I can't name 1 good female cook that I've ever seen in my entire life. My sister burns everything and my mom carbonizes it. When they were both in relationships the guys were the better cooks. My dad cooks, my brother cooks, every girl I know doesn't cook but their boyfriends do. Maybe it's just an Ohio thing, but here it seems to be true.

Araciel
04-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Men are more often chefs, but the trade of being a chef is one of more aggression and leadership. While I'm not claiming that women are incapable of such aspirations, they are generally less apt to pursue such.

The average man has no real grasp of kitchen work, since they were no doubt taken care of by their mother/other family member, then eventually are a bachelor (eating KD or restaurant food) before meeting a permanent mate, who GENERALLY takes on the domestic roles of their mother.

While I'm not saying this is right, or by any means the way it will always be, it still seems to be the norm RIGHT NOW.

Girls aren't forced into home-ec anymore, and are told they can 'be whatever they want', so this is now changing...and many females are just as useless in the kitchen as a male.

That being said, I'm awesome in the kitchen.

Psychotic
04-27-2008, 05:00 PM
What do you tell a woman with two black eyes LOL

Rye
04-27-2008, 05:01 PM
What do you tell a woman with two black eyes LOL

i dunno e-pal, wat? :confused::confused::confused:

Araciel
04-27-2008, 05:01 PM
She should have listened the first time...

Psychotic
04-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Nothing, you already told her twice. Ha ha ha women are inferior!

Marshall Banana
04-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Every night my future husband better make cream cheese brownies for me in his strawberry apron.

Rye
04-27-2008, 05:07 PM
Every night my future husband better make cream cheese brownies for me in his strawberry apron.

Every night, my future husband is going to make me a strawberry and cream shake. Get one cup stawberry ice cream! One vanilla ice cream... one cup of ice! :kaoclove:

JaytodaP
04-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Soon we'll be doing something really crazy, like giving them the vote.

That already happened.... and they voted prohibition!:mad2:

Rantz
04-27-2008, 05:34 PM
http://web.syr.edu/~sslau/girls-stupid.jpg

escobert
04-27-2008, 05:44 PM
my husband is going to let me post on his eoff account. :love:

also he is going to let me kiss him whenever i want to. :bigsmile:

Jess
04-27-2008, 05:52 PM
I love cooking, and I haven't killed anybody yet! :jess:

Avarice-ness
04-27-2008, 06:09 PM
My soon-to-be husband has like... destroyed 9 out of 10 things he's attempted to make me.

He once made me NOODLES with some spices and stuff and yeah.. it was vomit worthy, even he couldn't eat it.

I've also yet to meet a man who was a better cook than I!

Also, I don't find that sexist at all, I mean hell I'm going to be a stay at home mom who cooks and cleans the house. The irony of it though, is that -I- will technically be RUNNING the house because I'll be in it about 80% of the time because he will be working most the time.
That's enough power for meee~

Aerith's Knight
04-27-2008, 06:21 PM

Every night, my future husband is going to make me a strawberry and cream shake. Get one cup stawberry ice cream! One vanilla ice cream... one cup of ice! :kaoclove:

*sigh* one cream cheese brownie and once cup of strawberry ice cream coming right up..

but i am not wearing the apron :mad:

generally, i am a way better cook then any girl i meet, but then again.. i couldve gone for chef.. and all that is negated by my roommate who cant boil an egg without asking me how.

Madame Adequate
04-27-2008, 06:26 PM

*sigh* one cream cheese brownie and once cup of strawberry ice cream coming right up..

but i am not wearing the apron :mad:

Someone, somewhere, is doing something that I am not being told about. :(

smittenkitten
04-27-2008, 07:10 PM
I can't believe you made a thread about this after I said you made a big mistake on saying "a women's place is in the kitchen" on msn!!! :mad2: Firstly women were in the kitchen before the men because back then women were to stay home, clean, do everything for their husbands while the men go to work. Women are fighting for their rights because back then men got paid more and women weren't allowed to vote. That is why we fight for equality, because we are women and deserve respect.

Breine
04-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Devil Man, is that you? :bigsmile:

xD My thoughts exactly!

Raebus
04-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Women will one day get equality, not because they deserve it but because they'll have NAGGED continuously. Hopefully us men will become unaffected by nagging and it'll be like a bee buzzing.

NeoCracker
04-27-2008, 07:32 PM
I can't believe you made a thread about this after I said you made a big mistake on saying "a women's place is in the kitchen" on msn!!! :mad2: Firstly women were in the kitchen before the men because back then women were to stay home, clean, do everything for their husbands while the men go to work. Women are fighting for their rights because back then men got paid more and women weren't allowed to vote. That is why we fight for equality, because we are women and deserve respect.

:p

Roto13
04-27-2008, 07:36 PM
So now they don't even get cooking? Jesus, what are women good for?

Raebus
04-27-2008, 07:39 PM
Giving birth and staying at home, of course!

Bahamut2000X
04-27-2008, 07:55 PM
*Insert blatant sexist joke here*

Aerith's Knight
04-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Without cooking, the moment women fail in cleaning, marriages will stop to exist

Freya
04-28-2008, 12:13 AM

Cooking, cleaning and getting laid all the time isn't that hard. Gosh girls, stop trying to be equal already. I'd love to be a house wife. :jess:

Also neo, i'm a great cook, kthxbye.

Shlup
04-28-2008, 12:24 AM
I do not agree with this thread.

NeoCracker
04-28-2008, 12:34 AM
What?

So you'd rather we kick you women out of the kitchen?

Aerith's Knight
04-28-2008, 12:36 AM

Cooking, cleaning and getting laid all the time isn't that hard. Gosh girls, stop trying to be equal already. I'd love to be a house wife. :jess:

Also neo, i'm a great cook, kthxbye.

marry me! xD

lawlz.. now there is the right attitude :p

KentaRawr!
04-28-2008, 02:20 AM
The best I've ever cooked was putting a potato in the microwave, and proceeding to place sour cream on top. It's tasty. My Mom, however, is much better at cooking. Meat Loaf ftw.

Namelessfengir
04-28-2008, 03:06 AM
im a pretty good cook but i keep losing the family rating because i try making new things like stuff we never had before

Shiny
04-28-2008, 04:42 AM
My sim knows how to cook a mean chili con carne.

41-Inches-Wide
04-28-2008, 09:26 AM

:jess:!!

Open this bottle, Cracker!

CloudDragon
04-28-2008, 09:48 AM
One of my teachers in high school (he was also our football coach) used to brag about how he left his wife chained to the stove while he was at work.

I can't decide whether it's scary or just plain awesome, but I think he was telling the truth.

NeoCracker
04-28-2008, 11:15 AM

:jess:!!

Open this bottle, Cracker!

*Bows head in shame as he opens the bottle*

Peegee
04-28-2008, 01:18 PM
I can cook but I still don't befriend girls who don't know how. Dear God if I had to spend time with somebody who couldn't cook, at least be a guy (they can't accept they suck at things so I won't have to cook for him). If it's a girl it would be incessantly "Mike, can you cook? You so good at it"

I want some shrimps now.

Caraliz
04-28-2008, 05:19 PM
my boyfriend just brought me a vitamin water. :love:

Flying Mullet
04-28-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm the better cook in our house and do the majority of the cooking, so does this mean I'm oppressing my wife by not letting her be my equal in the kitchen?

NeoCracker
04-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Yes.

But no worries, apparently these women don't WANT to be equal anyway, so you're good to continue what you are doing.

Flying Mullet
04-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Can I still holler at random women(and effeminate men) to make me some eggs? That really gets me going in the morning.

NeoCracker
04-28-2008, 05:51 PM
MEh, whatever floats your boat.

We're men, we can do whatever we want.

Aerith's Knight
04-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Booyah!

I like BBQ.. just because i can say:

"I are men. I make fire!"

Polaris
04-28-2008, 06:41 PM
I don't think men are better in kitchen! they're just not affraid of try new things, if they fail people say 'oh don't worry you're a man after all', but women must cook everyday! It's not that the women's place is in the kicthen, but honestly I'd die if I coulnd't cook! If I would get outside home, how would I feed myself?:confused: And my bf might not cook but well he has a gf that does :rolleyes2

KentaRawr!
04-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Hey, wait a second...

Where's Leeza?

Aerith's Knight
04-28-2008, 06:54 PM
at home, cooking for her man xD

Raebus
04-28-2008, 06:54 PM
It's scientifically proven that every woman's first word has something to do with cooking or food in general. They and the kitchen are destined to be together!

Aerith's Knight
04-28-2008, 06:57 PM
It's scientifically proven that every woman's first word has something to do with cooking or food in general. They and the kitchen are destined to be together!

first word

mama = person who makes the food = cooking = kitchen

omg.. youre right :eek:

Jings
04-28-2008, 07:33 PM
If my girlfriend wasn't better than me at just about everything I'd make a sexist joke.

Takara
04-28-2008, 09:27 PM
I may not be a chef, but I'm a good enough cook that I never poisoned anyone by accident. My meatloaf is awesome.

I hate cooking however. Takes too long and there are way too many dishes to clean afterwards.

My brother likes cooking however, so whenever he visits, he insists on having free reign in the kitchen.

LIES! My first word was "chat", which is French for "cat". My cats don't cook. I don't eat cats. PROVED YOU WRONG!

Aerith's Knight
04-28-2008, 09:35 PM
cat eat food -> food is prepared by someone -> usually the mother -> mother cooks

the circle is complete :D

Takara
04-28-2008, 09:47 PM
cat eat food -> food is prepared by someone -> usually the mother -> mother cooks

By that logic, even a guy's first word can be related to food or the kitchen.

For example, truck -> trucks can transport food -> food is prepared by someone -> usually the mother -> mother cooks.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Araciel
04-28-2008, 09:51 PM

For example, truck -> trucks can transport food -> food is prepared by someone -> usually the mother -> mother cooks.

I think you just trampled on his joke :P

Aerith's Knight
04-28-2008, 09:52 PM

I think you just trampled on his joke :P

dont say that.. he might have a little trouble to understand such a hard joke, so he thinks im serious. its okay *pats shoulder*

Takara
04-29-2008, 02:11 AM
Last I checked, I'm still a woman.

NeoCracker
04-29-2008, 02:14 AM
I still don't believe you.

Takara
04-29-2008, 02:19 AM
I'm having my periods, I can send you a used tampon if you want proof. :p

NeoCracker
04-29-2008, 02:21 AM
Could be your mothers for all I know.

rubah
04-29-2008, 04:14 AM
oh cracker's collecting used sanitary items? I'll have one in the mail tomorrow.

Shlup
04-29-2008, 04:32 AM
What?

So you'd rather we kick you women out of the kitchen?

It's cute that you think it's up to you or your kind.

Citizen Bleys
04-29-2008, 04:35 AM

Funny; I have a female cousin whose first word was "s---"

Mind you, that was my fault, but still. "S---" definitely doesn't have anything to do with food or cooking...unless there's something very wrong with you.

rubah
04-29-2008, 04:38 AM
oh mine was 'dada' which does relate to cooking because my dad cooks. HAH

Raistlin
04-29-2008, 06:11 AM

I need a sammich.

Some of my sexist jokes are probably not appropriate for EoFF. :(

Peegee
04-29-2008, 06:35 AM

I need a sammich.

It's EoFF. Just use lots of euphemisms.

Jojee
04-29-2008, 07:25 AM
I don't want equality then :p I suck at cooking and I'm okay with staying that way!

Deborah
04-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Hmm I cook a lot although I'm the only one whos does in my household...unless you count my dad making waffles and hot dogs when I was little! :p This thread makes me mad though! Bah dummy boys! :jinx:

41-Inches-Wide
04-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Cracker should cook for me. :kaoclove:

rubah
04-29-2008, 03:07 PM
can you ship sanitary napkins via media mail?

CloudDragon
04-29-2008, 06:29 PM

I need a sammich.

Let's hear'em! *cheers*

I know where they would be appropriate.

NeoCracker
04-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Cracker should cook for me. :kaoclove:

The only things I'm capable of cooking without ruining it are things that say "Instant" or "One minute" on the package. :cry:

Raebus
04-29-2008, 08:28 PM
I want to use this line now: "Oh look, it's a floating pair of breasts attached to a woman".

Jessweeee♪
04-30-2008, 12:18 AM
I ONLY BURN THINGS. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah~

Caraliz
05-01-2008, 04:53 AM
oh cracker's collecting used sanitary items? I'll have one in the mail tomorrow.
hahahaha do it

Gogo
05-01-2008, 05:00 AM
Just start cooking with the easy things, like ramen in the microwave. Then you can move up to the toaster, then finally the oven and stove. Cooking is not that hard.:p