PDA

View Full Version : If there was going to be a FF7 remake just for the ps3 would you buy a ps3 to play it

solidsnake420
04-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Just woundering how many people would Even if i diden't already have a PS3 i would buy a brandnew one if there was a FF7 remake for it.

Aerith's Knight
04-28-2008, 12:51 AM
i bought a psp for crisis core even though i already have a ds.. so a ps3 while i have a 360.. yeah.. probably

Dr. Acula
04-28-2008, 01:32 AM
Depends if the remake was good. If they changed the original too much, then no.

PeneloRatsbane
04-28-2008, 11:38 AM
as much as i want a ffvii remake, as i play vi at the moment (for the first time) i can't help but wish they'd remake it so it looks as good as XII that would kick ass, vii is kinda good lookin enough, but deffers i want a remake

Raebus
04-28-2008, 11:49 AM
No.

Work on your spelling.
Methinks you should work on your manners - Flying Mullet

Fire_Emblem776
04-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Yes, but for now the pc version haha

Momiji
04-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Would I buy a PS3 JUST because FFVII was remade for it? Hell no.

If I had a PS3, and FFVII just happened to be remade for it, sure I'd buy the game, but not the other way around.

Mercen-X
04-28-2008, 06:55 PM
No.

But I'm going to buy a 3 anyway, so the point is moot.

Aerith's Knight
04-28-2008, 07:00 PM
No.

But I'm going to buy a 3 anyway, so the point is moo. You know, a cow's point of view. It doesnt matter. It's moooo

Namelessfengir
04-28-2008, 07:04 PM
i have no money so ill wait til both lower prices

Avarice-ness
04-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Nope.

In my mind, buying a 600$ console for ONE game, is like saying that the game is worth 650$. And yeah, an FF7 remake is not worth 650$, I'll just stick with the original.

Squeenix has a way of ruining games anyways. I could only imagine how much the FFVII remake would be almost nothing like the original.
I could even see FF7 losing fans if Squeenix got their hands on it and remade it, just because we ALL know the game wouldn't be 100% like the other, there would be script changes, possible added on places, added games, stuff that wasn't in the original.

I may be pro-FFVI but I still love FF7 and I'd be pretty pissed if they made the FF7 remake something it shouldn't have been, and saddly I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

Depression Moon
04-28-2008, 09:51 PM
I would because I was planning to buy a PS3 anyway. I really didn't like the original that much, but a remake could change my mind, if it's done well.

thegirth
04-28-2008, 11:42 PM
i would do it

Mirage
04-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Not for just this one game, no.

Elly
04-29-2008, 02:18 AM
Absolutely, it would be the breaker to convince me to get one, and buying a console for 1 game isn't as silly as it seems, everyone that buys a system because of a certain game almost always end up buying more games for it anyway, i know i would...

Heath
04-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Not for the one game, no. If I found that I won the lottery or something and it wouldn't be too much of a financial commitment to buy a PS3, then I probably would just for FFVII. Short of that, no. If I happened to have a PS3, I'd definitely play the FFVII remake though.

The Crystal
04-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Probably.

Roogle
04-29-2008, 09:52 PM
I would buy a Playstation 3 to play a remake of Final Fantasy VII; however, I would buy a Playstation 3 to play a remake of any Final Fantasy game provided that I knew that Square Enix would be devoting a massive amount of company resources on the title.

Serapy
04-29-2008, 10:51 PM
I think it's more comfortable to buy a PS3 for FF13.

Which I did.

NeoCracker
04-29-2008, 11:32 PM
I, like the sensibles, wouldn't buy it for one game.

Regardless of how much ass it kicks.

And unlike most, theres quite a few changes I'd like to see.

Like a major Grammar fix, an make the story itself flow smoother then it did originally. (Like not making it seem like Jenova was in control, since she wasn't.)

Not saying you can't prove Jenova wasn't in control, as the people have done it, but theres enough to make it slightly hard to distinguish, and that needs to be fixed.

If they do that, I think it will be even more enjoyable.

Jessweeee♪
04-30-2008, 01:00 AM
For just the remake? I'd find a way to borrow one.

...but if I didn't already have one a remake (after seeing snippets of Tekken 6 and FFXIII) would convince me to buy one.

Fonzie
04-30-2008, 03:38 AM
I seriously doubt anyone would buy such an expensive console only to play one game. :p

Relapse
04-30-2008, 10:46 AM
no, no, no, no, no. if it's extremely good, i'll save up. but by the time i have enough money, it'll already be old. :/

leader of mortals
04-30-2008, 12:25 PM
I would buy a Ps3, but not only for FF7 remake, but FF13, Ratchet and clank, GTA4, etc

Roogle
04-30-2008, 08:48 PM
I seriously doubt anyone would buy such an expensive console only to play one game. :p

As I stated before, I would buy the console only to play one game; however, an assumption is that most people would buy the console to play that game and go on to buy other games for that console. Does anyone own a console with only one game?

Elly
04-30-2008, 10:21 PM
lol, Roogle, that's the exact sentiment i made on page 1 just worded differently, so that's 2 to 0 and a couple of maybes... "Does anyone own a console with only one game?" well for something a bit silly on that note i own one game without the console, "Crisis Core", i pre-ordered it and yet still haven't had a chance to play it, waiting on the tax return to get in so i can splurge part of it on a PSP...

Nifleheim7
04-30-2008, 11:59 PM
There were other more important reasons that made me buy a PS3.
But when the remake finally comes i'll probably buy it on day one.

Bolivar
05-01-2008, 01:27 AM
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="PaleGreen"]Nope.

In my mind, buying a 600$ console for ONE game, is like saying that the game is worth 650$.

What system is that?

Squeenix has a way of ruining games anyways.

That's strange, the I-VI remakes so far have all been pretty damn good... except for the difficulty of I DoS, although the graphical update and smoother gameplay kinda outweigh it, "run" also helps for that reason.

As I stated before, I would buy the console only to play one game; however, an assumption is that most people would buy the console to play that game and go on to buy other games for that console. Does anyone own a console with only one game?

I actually have a Gamecube with 0 games. I bought it for the GBA player... I can just borrow anything from my friends.

As far as me, would I buy a PS3 if they remade FFVII? Roogle's comment stands out - if I didn't already have one, I would probably buy a ps3 to get it, knowing that I would buy other games. I basically bought a PS3 for GTAIV, MGS4, and FFXIII, but so far I also got Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, and the Godfather game for it. And most of the SNES and Genesis libraries on it, too.

The Crystal
05-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Just to clarify... After finishing the game, I would buy others. Like FFXIII.

I would never buy a console only to play one game, and never touch it again.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Yes, I would. But after I got done with the game I'd go buy something else too, as stated by other people in previous posts.

Aerith's Knight
05-02-2008, 07:37 PM

PSP with FFVII: CC :p

but ill prob buy more games.

SpendGil
05-13-2008, 09:45 PM
I have a PS3 BUT if I didn't I'd sell my 360 and my Wii to get a PS3 to play a FFVII remake!

I still have a copy of FFVII GH in the original Y wrapping with the foil seal because I'm just a loser that way.

I also have the versus strategy guide...

I guess a good question is would you want the remake to have the EXACT SAME story, battles, characters etc...

Would it be cool to see some new scenes, a new character, new summons.

...I think the answer is definately, as long the main story is left perfectly intact.

SpendGil
05-13-2008, 09:45 PM

PSP with FFVII: CC :p

but ill prob buy more games.

You GOTTA get Loco Roco! And lumines is really cool too.

solidsnake420
03-22-2009, 02:40 AM
well as a ps3 owner if i didnt have it and i heard there was a ff7 remake comeing out only for the ps3 i would sell my fing car if i had to just to play it and no i dont wont the remake to be a 1oo percent exactly the same i would wont the people at sqare to fix the messed up traslatiions that have hounted the game for year so ff7 pesamists could stop raging about the mess up in the translations i would also want new content to help rap the story into all the seqils and prequil so the story makes more sense also make the battle systems stats limet be higher like in crissis core i would spend hundreds more hours playing the remake if i could max out every ones hp at 99999 and there mp at 9999 but still keep every thing else that was grate about the og and add little things like that ff7 would owen another 300plus hrs of my life lol :cool: