PDA

View Full Version : RockaBye Baby!

Avarice-ness
04-28-2008, 05:05 AM
Seriously!

Rockabye Baby! - Transform your favorite rock music into baby music. (http://www.rockabyebabymusic.com/web/page.asp)

You can go to Albums and click and album and sample songs. (SOME OF THEM ARE -VERY- HARD TO PICK OUT WHAT PART OF THE SONG IT'S OUT OF. xD)

Like my most favorite thing as of now, basically they are various cd's of various artists with their songs redone with like tinkle bells and synths, something that baby can sleep too!

The TOOL baby lullabies scare the living hell out of me, but I love the Nirvana one and I'm going to buy the Smashing Pumpkins, the Cure, and The Beatles lullaby cd's.

Some of them are kinda creepy, but those cd's have like the one's that actually make me sleepy. xD Plus, with something like this I could easily see myself singing the baby to sleep to like "Lovesong" by The Cure or having her know who the Beatles are when she's 3 years old!

I think who ever thought of this was crazy but cool. I can sing and hum songs I loved when I was little and the baby can have something that's soothing so she can sleep too.

So! Do you think this is a cool idea?
What are your thoughts on the RockaBye Baby cds?

Namelessfengir
04-28-2008, 05:35 AM
this sounds pretty damn good if i had any money i might get some for my niece

Tallulah
04-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Real music or gtfo.

Seriously, though, some of this is quite good. Metallica - Enter Sandman, is downright creepy, though. :eek:

Avarice-ness
04-29-2008, 12:55 AM
Real music or gtfo.

Seriously, though, some of this is quite good. Metallica - Enter Sandman, is downright creepy, though. :eek:

Yeah, the Enter Sandman versions pretty creepy. xD

TOOL's Schism is pretty scarry too.

Psychotic
04-29-2008, 02:05 AM
I only listened to the Nirvana ones, but damn they're all creepy. I'd rather my baby listened to the real thing.

Avarice-ness
04-29-2008, 02:06 AM
I only listened to the Nirvana ones, but damn they're all creepy. I'd rather my baby listened to the real thing.

I love the Nirvana one! I end up listening to it late at night and falling asleep. u u;

Citizen Bleys
04-29-2008, 03:44 AM
The idea of Tool lullabies was hilarious, but I don't see Hooker with a Penis or Aenema on the track list.

Tama2
04-29-2008, 06:18 AM
I would put my son to sleep with regular music. He was used to loud and head banging music when he was in the womb. Seems to sooth the little man now. Plus, he is now almost 2 and he goes and finds pots and pans or anything similar and grabs something in a stick form (spoons, sticks, spoon shaped sticks) and just starts banging on them. I love him <3

Kes
04-29-2008, 07:56 AM
When I was super young I was brought up listening to The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Simon and Garfunkle, The Rolling Stones and Raffi. It is certainly the last one that messed me up the most. (I love to oot, oot, oot ooples and banoonoos).

So, yeah, there's nothing wrong with real music for little children, I don't think. And while that site's music wasn't really all that bad, I can see it getting annoying rather quickly. Though it beats Raffi.

Relapse
05-02-2008, 01:26 PM
LOL this site is awesome

anyway, i only heard some metallica and nin. most of them were hard to listen to though for some reason :/

Balzac
05-02-2008, 01:43 PM
I actually have the Metallica one and Green Day ones. They are great, I'm going to get the NIN and Tool ones next.