PDA

View Full Version : A Wii Problem

Proxy
04-28-2008, 05:24 AM
I'm having a very hard time playing my Wii. I love it, i think it's fun as hell, and very innovative...but i can never bring myself around to playing it! Brawl, Zelda, Strikers...Nothing. All great games, but again, i can't bring myself around to play it. Sometimes i think about it, and want to, but never do.
Anyone else who owns a Wii find this also?

Ouch!
04-28-2008, 05:40 AM
No?

oddler
04-28-2008, 05:48 AM
Not the Wii specifically but, in general, I just find myself getting bored of playing games rather quickly now. I think it's just where I've played them for so long. I really don't think it has anything to do with the actual console.

KentaRawr!
04-28-2008, 03:06 PM
Well, if you never feel like playing the games you got, you probably got games you didn't really like, even though you say they're great. If I was in your position, I'd just let those games collect dust for a while. If you don't feel like playing them, why force yourself to?

Anyway, I normally don't face this problem. However, I do have a bad habit of getting a game, loving it, and not beating it.

Nifleheim7
04-28-2008, 05:03 PM
I'm having a very hard time playing my Wii. I love it, i think it's fun as hell, and very innovative...but i can never bring myself around to playing it! Brawl, Zelda, Strikers...Nothing. All great games, but again, i can't bring myself around to play it. Sometimes i think about it, and want to, but never do.
Anyone else who owns a Wii find this also?

Hey,it doesn't matter...
The most important thing is that it's fun and innovative!

Dreddz
04-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Maybe its that you have simply gotten bored of gaming.

Zeldy
04-28-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm always keen to start a new game, but when it comes to completing them then I suddenly don't want to know. Though I knew that when I started playing Conkers Bad Fur Day, for example, again that I only would manage so far, as I knew that as soon as I got up to the part with the zombies and the vampires that I wouldn't go anywhere near it again :jess: There are many other games too that I've started and only gotten so far, I hate that xD

Yeah, if you have no motivation to play a game then it's pointless, as you just won't enjoy it. Maybe try getting a game that you really really want? or try playing the games online? or having multi players with your friends.

Evastio
04-28-2008, 07:15 PM
It's never happened to me. Especially since I have Brawl now.

Proxy
04-29-2008, 06:20 AM
Wow haha. looks like i'm a lone wolf on this one :(

ljkkjlcm9
04-29-2008, 09:16 AM
You're not alone, but I guarantee you it's not just the Wii that causes this.

I also have a hard time playing games as much as I use to. The only time I can get myself to play Brawl now, is online versus friends. Mario Kart is great right now, but I know in a few days I'll be bored of that too, and once again be resorting to only playing online with friends.

When it comes to single player games, I have a real stigma. No matter how much I love a game, and I can actually be thinking about wanting to play it, but I never actually go and do so. I want to, I love the game, but never find myself going and actually playing it.

Why exactly? I suppose they've lost their flavor to me. I know I've been falling out of gaming for some time now. And I really only enjoy playing with friends. Few single player games can last me more than a week now.

THE JACKEL

Roogle
04-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Have you established Internet connectivity with your Wii? Maybe playing games with other players from around the world might spark your interest in some of the games on the console.

Roto13
04-29-2008, 10:01 PM
I doubt it. Online Wii gaming is pretty lame.

Raebus
04-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Online wii gaming is pretty fun.

KentaRawr!
04-29-2008, 10:53 PM
Online wii gaming is pretty fun, but also pretty lacking in most ways.

Fix'd.

Evastio
04-29-2008, 10:54 PM
But it's free. :(

It's also safe since they use long codes to register people. That way, it'll be hard for strangers to register you unless you give your code to a stranger or an unreliable friend.

Roto13
04-29-2008, 11:12 PM
You don't need to let strangers register you on the other consoles. Being free is no excuse. PSN is free.

Then again, playing online with a bunch of hate-filled tweens isn't exactly a barrel of laughs either.

I hate the internet. >_<

KentaRawr!
04-29-2008, 11:12 PM
You don't need to let strangers register you on the other consoles. Being free is no excuse. PSN is free.

Then again, playing online with a bunch of hate-filled tweens isn't exactly a barrel of laughs either.

I hate the internet. >_<

Oh yeah? Well the internet hates you, too! :mad2:

ljkkjlcm9
04-29-2008, 11:34 PM
Online wii gaming is pretty fun for Mario Kart, but also pretty lacking most of the time for Smash Brothers.

Fix'd.

Fix'd correctly.

THE JACKEL

KentaRawr!
04-30-2008, 12:20 AM
Online wii gaming is lacking in most areas, though can be enjoyable for various games. However, Smash Brothers Brawl is plagued by button-delay, and sometimes massive slow-down.

Fix'd.

Fix'd correctly.

THE JACKAL

Fix'd betterer.

Roogle
04-30-2008, 05:23 AM
It is my humble opinion that fans are divided when it comes to the online connectivity functions of the Wii and its games.

Some fans feel that online gaming through the console is perfect; some fans feel that online gaming through the console is mediocre. Many report problems with Super Smash Bros. Brawl in particular: input delay and lag plague the game.

Why, Raebus, I never knew that you were so articulate!

Germ Hamee
04-30-2008, 06:00 AM
*decides to leave poor Raebus alone*

I find that I loose the "will to play" if I don't keep up momentum. If a busy weekend keeps me away from a game, chances are I'm not going to pick it back up for a year. Marathoning and losing sleep seems to be the only way of getting me to beat a game. Which means I've been gaming a lot less lately.

The only exception are sim games, like Civilization, The Sims, or Sim City. I can jump into those any time -- and often do.

Proxy
05-02-2008, 05:19 AM
I think Germ has hit the nail on the head. I guess i just need to get back into it, and then continue to play it.
Great convo though you guys, i can always count on youuuuuuuuuuuuu
much <3