PDA

View Full Version : What makes a die-hard gamer die-hard?

Pete for President
04-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Pick your options! What is it exactly that makes a diehard gamer diehard? I picked the first four options.

Discuss!

Madame Adequate
04-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Has completed Die Hard Trilogy.

Roto13
04-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Doesn't choose sides in the whole "console war" bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:.

KentaRawr!
04-28-2008, 03:02 PM
To me, a die-hard gamer simply means that gaming is more than just their hobby. It's their ULTRA-Hobby.

Lionx
04-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Doesn't choose sides in the whole "console war" bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:.

I love you <3

Quindiana Jones
04-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Some of those were just crazy/rich/obsessive/freaky things, but some of them seemed pretty hardcore. Especially number 3.

Momiji
04-29-2008, 04:22 PM
I think that it would be good to think that 'die-hard' does not not particularly mean 'obsessed'.

I also agree with what Rhody said.

Alucard von Elru
04-29-2008, 04:44 PM
To me, a die-hard gamer simply means that gaming is more than just their hobby. It's their ULTRA-Hobby.
That one. I may not be "die hard" in the sense that I can totally own every game I play (some Ikaruga players are just freaks of nature, and how anyone can take down the 13th colossus in Shadow of the Colossus in under two minutes is beyond me, but there are youtube vids of someone doing it), but gaming is pretty much my life. I don't have nearly as much time to play games now as I used to. In the past two weeks, I've played 45 minutes of Okami. But even if I can't play something for a long while, gaming still takes up 90% of my basic thoughts. There's hardly ever a time where I don't have gaming on the brain.

EDIT: Although, owning the Elemental Gearbolt Assassin's Case and Radiant Silvergun makes you pretty effing hardcore. :P