PDA

View Full Version : English voice cast?

Fynn
04-28-2008, 10:36 PM
This game is coming out in what, three months? And yet, I haven't heard anything about the English voice cast for this game. Does this mean they're staying with the Japanese seiyuus, or is it all a big SECRET for now and SE wants us to be surprised (didn't try hard for the Japanese, though...)?

Evastio
04-28-2008, 11:35 PM
There should be a list of the English Voice actors by now. I guess it'll come up soon if there isn't one though.

It would be awesome if they kept the Japanese Voice actors for the English version and just had them talk in English instead since Japanese voice actors are almost always cooler than English voice actors. I doubt they'll keep them though.

Roogle
05-05-2008, 07:35 PM
It would be awesome if they kept the Japanese Voice actors for the English version and just had them talk in English instead since Japanese voice actors are almost always cooler than English voice actors. I doubt they'll keep them though.

Generally, voice acting is not as successful when Japanese seiyuus attempt to speak in only English or when English voice actors attempt to speak in only Japanese. I think that it would be a bad idea for the Japanese voice acting to remain in the game — unless English voice acting is available — because the target demographic does not like Japanese voice acting as much as English voice acting.

Takara
05-07-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm just hoping that we can toggle off the voice acting like in the Japanese version if it ends up being terrible.

I'm hoping it won't be terrible. S-E improved so much with the voice acting since the days of FFX, it would be a shame to go backwards.

Fynn
05-08-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm just hoping that we can toggle off the voice acting like in the Japanese version if it ends up being terrible.

I'm hoping it won't be terrible. S-E improved so much with the voice acting since the days of FFX, it would be a shame to go backwards.

Agreed. XII had one of the best voice acting in a video game, IMO. Anyway, still no news about the English speaking actors.

Vermachtnis
05-08-2008, 05:58 PM
The voice acting in FFX wasn't bad though. It was off in a couple of scenes but it was still good. Anyway I can't wait to see a list.

Takara
05-08-2008, 10:24 PM
I don't think anyone said in this thread that the voice acting in X was terrible. Just that it improved since then and that it would be terrible if the quality went backwards instead of continuing to improve.

sir helix
05-16-2008, 03:51 PM
the voices in XII was terrible it was as if they were under water

ReloadPsi
05-16-2008, 10:07 PM
the voices in XII was terrible it was as if they were under water

Actually there were times when it sounded like some characters' vocals had been recorded in a different studio, standing much closer to the microphone. Sound quality was bizarre in that game.

I will laugh if Johnny Yong Bosch does a voice for FFIV DS. He dubs frickin' EVERYTHING.

Jessweeee♪
05-18-2008, 03:07 AM
I will laugh if Johnny Yong Bosch does a voice for FFIV DS. He dubs frickin' EVERYTHING.

Plus he's a Power Ranger! How cool is that?

Yar
05-18-2008, 04:36 AM
Stephen Hawking to voice Dr. Lugae... :)