PDA

View Full Version : If you could directly do something to the future, what would you do?

KentaRawr!
04-29-2008, 01:53 AM
If you want to know what directly doing something to the future is, it's like digging a big hole. That hole's gonna be there for a while, isn't it? You could probably go back, and y'know, see the whole, after a really long time.

I've stated prior that I want to go around planting Apple Seeds to make a forest. No one would see it coming!

Aerith's Knight
04-29-2008, 02:04 AM
I would solve the overpopulation problem and milden the next ice age by throwing lots of a certain chemical in the air.

Psychotic
04-29-2008, 02:09 AM
Put a pound in a savings account and watch it become a million. It wouldn't really be worth a lot because of inflation anyway, but hey, being a millionaire would be cool!

Peegee
04-29-2008, 02:19 PM
I tend to think that we all have to be millionaires or close to it by retirement to be relatively happy. Grrr.

Aerith's Knight
04-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Then sell your house and move to japan.. tada! millionaire.

smittenkitten
04-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Money doesn't always make you happy. :) I would probably find a cure for my allergy for cats. Then I can snug them as much as I want! :heart:

Nominus Experse
04-29-2008, 07:32 PM
I would be rid of the internet so that some of us would actually go outside for once.

smittenkitten
04-29-2008, 07:46 PM
I would be rid of the internet so that some of us would actually go outside for once.

But it's cold outside. :(

leilei
04-29-2008, 07:50 PM
I'd probably write a few unfinished-since-week-1 projects and put them on sourceforge hoping someone to pick them up. Not exactly what you had in mind concerning the environment, but heh.

But it's cold outside. :(
There's also birds and bees, hornets, diseases, plagues, snakes, and crashing planes outside do you think that's a bit dangerous!!?

rubah
04-29-2008, 09:30 PM
I was thinking about where I could find male and female apple seedlings that weren't genetically modified so I could plant some in my future house. I was getting kinda depressed because it was such a giant venture what with the trickery you get from seed catalogs these days!

I wonder sometimes if I'll be the only one that remembers that there is a time capsule that is due to be dug up the first week of may in 2058 in pottsville, ar. Or was it 2057? I remember being there when they buried it. I was a little kid then, so it was infinitely more important to me than it was to the adults then, and they might be dead by then anyways. I can't shake the feeling that I'm the only one that remembers.

I also think I remember one we did as a kindergarten project, but I don't really think that memory is worth much.

What I would like to do to the future. Hmm. I like your idea of planting an orchard, kenta. I may have to steal it if they keep chopping all the trees down in arkansas.

KentaRawr!
04-29-2008, 10:56 PM
We should just spread the word across EyesonFF for people to just plant loads of Apple Trees secretly. It would be a world-wide Apple-Tree Epidemic.

Also, couldn't you just find an Apple Tree and pick the apple? You'd find seeds in there.

rubah
04-29-2008, 10:58 PM
Where would I find an apple tree? They all died at my house.

KentaRawr!
04-29-2008, 11:06 PM
At an Apple Orchard, naturally. :p I've found myself passing family businesses of selling produce many times when my family goes on road trips. Because they're such small businesses, you won't find them on the internet mostly, but from signs in near-by suburbs.

Evastio
04-29-2008, 11:14 PM
I shouldn't say mine. A lot of people would probably get offended by it.

KentaRawr!
04-29-2008, 11:25 PM
I shouldn't say mine. A lot of people would probably get offended by it.

No harm can come from a simple opinion. Let us hear it! :p

Montoya
04-29-2008, 11:36 PM
I'd crash into it one day after buying sun glasses. :cool: