PDA

View Full Version : Hi, good friend, who are you again?

Peegee
04-29-2008, 07:10 AM
Thank God this wasn't sparked by yet another occurrence of the topic.

I have a good deal of friends whose origins are shrouded in mystery. Specifically since I have a terrible memory, things that happen last year require me to start pondering. Friends who I've known for 3-4 years, forget about it.

I have a hilarious friend. We keep hitting on each other, but live in opposite sides of the planet (I'm not usually flirty for a long time because usually you act on your words; if you don't, the other person knows you're just playing). Anyway, the other month I asked her point blank how the hell we even met. I forgot that we met via some livejournal community I joined when I was bored.

Thank God for silly acts. Anyway, I don't suppose any of you have this problem? Or are there genuinely people you know but have no idea why?

escobert
04-29-2008, 07:16 AM
I know all and everyone! I am the knower!

Kes
04-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Usually I can remember at least the general context (e.g. we had English together in 7th grade), sometimes I can even remember something more specific like conversations.

However, this year I apparently met this guy Kyle like, six or seven times before I realised I had already met him. He and our mutual friend played along as if we really hadn't met before. It was so incredibly awkward when they explained it to me. ^_^

Deborah
04-29-2008, 09:58 AM
I remember how I met everyone or I think I do! :kauberry:

Ouch!
04-29-2008, 10:23 AM
I do not remember when I started talking to my best friend. We were in the same math class our freshman year of high school, but we didn't start talking regularly until the end of the year. Neither of us can remember what event in particular sparked our relationship.

Blue Harvest
04-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone that I don't remember how I met them.

Aerith's Knight
04-29-2008, 03:40 PM
I meet people in real life that i dont even have a clue about..

person: "Hey Dennis, whats up man?"
me: "Hey.. .. you! not much. you?
person: "Well, you know me.."
me(thinks): "no, i dont."
person: "...bla bla bla, well i gotta split. cu later."
me: "Yeah, sure.."
me(thinks): "who the hell was that guy?"

this is how 50% of my conversations go.

Loony BoB
04-29-2008, 04:19 PM
The only time I get that way is when I'm at work and someone starts talking to me and I don't know who they are despite them clearly knowing who I am. I hate that.

Breine
04-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone that I don't remember how I met them.

Yes.

Rantz
04-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Either I have a good memorization of faces, or else I've forgotten about all the times I did that.

rubah
04-29-2008, 05:46 PM
I don't know how I met him, but I'm so glad I have skt in my life!

(jk ilu sktty never forget)

Um, generally I have an excellent memory for where I met someone, but it's been going downhill in later years.

KentaRawr!
04-29-2008, 05:48 PM
Who the hell are you people?

Bahamut2000X
04-29-2008, 06:35 PM
Surprisingly I have it happen a good deal. Mostly online, I still get random IMs from people who we don't know how we got on each others buddy lists.

CloudDragon
04-29-2008, 06:42 PM
I don't have that problem too much except for online acquaintances or friends. Also sometimes I'll have random people on my buddy list that I just can never think who it actually is.

The strangest thing happened a couple weeks ago when I was approached by someone who claimed to know me, asked if I was staying out of trouble, and told me their name. To this day I still have no idea who the hell this lady was.

Avarice-ness
04-29-2008, 06:56 PM
As bad as it sounds.

I do NOT remember EXACTLY how me and my soon-to-be husband met. xD

Basically, I was friends with people on MSN that were his friends, but I had never met him, they just talked about him. At some point though, in some chat room I frequented that I don't remember, he showed up and we talked enough (I think) to get each other on our messenger.
Then somehow I ended up his go-to advice person.

Now, I know the general time line of when we spoke, but I really have no idea HOW we actually met. At this point, it just seems like we've always known each other and talked though. xD

Evastio
04-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Most of the time I remember how I met people. I even remember what I thought of them before I became friends with them.

smittenkitten
04-29-2008, 07:07 PM
God I forget half the people on msn, even though I've known most of them for years. :p

Meow
04-29-2008, 07:10 PM
when I was an RA I would have apparent strangers happily greeting me around campus and I would have to be like 'heeey... theeere'

rubah
04-29-2008, 09:24 PM
when I was an RA I would have apparent strangers happily greeting me around campus and I would have to be like 'heeey... theeere'

You think you had it bad?

My RA is a triplet. Imagine what her SISTERS get!

Caraliz
04-29-2008, 10:01 PM
:aimkiss:

Meow
04-30-2008, 12:31 AM
I know how taxing RA life can be so I will selflessly keep her sisters occupied for the rest of the semester

Rye
04-30-2008, 12:33 AM
I'm My Own MILF and I were friends for about 5 years before we starting dating, and we don't remember on our lives how the hell we met. D:

Jessweeee♪
04-30-2008, 12:41 AM
I don't think I've kept in touch with anyone other than family longer than four years :p