PDA

View Full Version : Exercise Balls can be hazardous to your health

Woodinator
04-29-2008, 07:42 AM
So a couple of friends and I were just goofing around celebrating a girl's birthday today and we were all taking exercise balls and ramming into eachother with them sumo style. Well two girls charge eachother and one goes flying back and smacks her head into a wooden cabinet. After running over there and lifting her head up she kinda started laughing, and we were like "oh at least your ok...". Then at that moment I saw the corner of her lip spasm and she blacked out for a second O.o;. Turns out she had cut her scalp and I'm pretty sure she had a bit of a concussion, so me and a girl were holding paper towels and an icepack to her head to stop the bleeding until the paramedics came and fortunately everyone was cool about it (a few of my friends can be a bit dramatic), and she ended up having a few staples put in which is better than it could've been. (She's fine now).

So anyway, what's the worst injury you've personally experienced someone have?

Peegee
04-29-2008, 08:01 AM
I have two bones in my left palm that were fractured once.

Woodinator
04-29-2008, 08:03 AM
the palm? eee...

Montoya
04-29-2008, 08:15 AM
Back in high school I messed up my lower back TWICE doing power cleans in the weight room. I was traumatized doing that workout but then when I took my weight training class senior year I finally got good technique and became rather good at it.
Recently though, whenever I do free weights at the gym working out biceps and triceps my left wrist starts to hurt. It's starting to worry me. :(

Deborah
04-29-2008, 10:06 AM
I stress fractured my shin from too much jumping in high jump in track! Recently I hit my head really hard from snowboarding, and once I stopped breathing for a bit, thats about it though! :D

Ouch!
04-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Two concussions in one week.

Cookie
04-29-2008, 11:34 AM
You're doing it wrong, guys.

Some kid fell off the top of the climbing frame in infant school. His bone was sticking out of his arm, and he was all delirious. It was pretty freaky to see him like that.

Peegee
04-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Two concussions in one week.

DID YOU DIE??

KentaRawr!
04-29-2008, 02:26 PM

Some kid fell off the top of the climbing frame in infant school. His bone was sticking out of his arm, and he was all delirious. It was pretty freaky to see him like that.

My Dad once told me a story like that. Somebody was parachuting with the wrong style of parachute, and tried to land in a way they would with another. When this person landed, their leg bone shot out of their leg. :D

Momiji
04-29-2008, 02:31 PM
My brother hit his head and cut it open. There was blood everywhere-- we had to drive almost an hour from my grandmother's house to the hospital where he got staples it his head.

Montoya
04-29-2008, 06:01 PM
I have a good one, my friends dad and his brother were on top their house and my friend's dad jumped off and landed standing up and nothing happened. When his brother asked if it hurt, he said no even though he was in so much pain. So his brother decided to try and when he did, he also landed standing up, only he broke his knees. XD That must suck.

Mirage
04-29-2008, 06:04 PM
i hit my head so bad as a kid that i had to get 7 stitches.

smittenkitten
04-29-2008, 07:22 PM
I've actually done this myself. Me and my friends put on my Dad's jumpers when we were little, so they were huge. We woudl stuff clothes up them and run into each other like Sumo Wrestlers. My friend Amy and Sarah were just about to clash into each other when I ran into the middle. I smashed my head open adn blood was gushing down my dress. Apparently I was so close to cracking my skull. :eek:

Værn
04-29-2008, 11:28 PM
One of my brothers and my sister were riding a go cart once, maybe ten years ago, when my sister's coat got stuck in the wheel. She flew out the side of the cart and broke her arm.

Jessweeee♪
04-29-2008, 11:31 PM
My friend sewed over her finger in apparel class some time ago. The needle went right through it. I almost fainted x.x

Roto13
04-29-2008, 11:42 PM

My Dad once told me a story like that. Somebody was parachuting with the wrong style of parachute, and tried to land in a way they would with another. When this person landed, their leg bone shot out of their leg. :D

.... *shudder*

Namelessfengir
04-29-2008, 11:48 PM
i have a broken scaphoid (clamp you hand where your wrist meets the line of the thumb and thats about there) there are now blood veins near it so it cant heal. i would need a graft to fix it which i cant do cuz i have no money or medical.

stalpho slayer
04-30-2008, 03:43 AM
i got kicked by a cow broke my leg

Hambone
04-30-2008, 04:25 AM
So a couple of friends and I were just goofing around celebrating a girl's birthday today and we were all taking exercise balls and ramming into eachother with them sumo style. Well two girls charge eachother and one goes flying back and smacks her head into a wooden cabinet. After running over there and lifting her head up she kinda started laughing, and we were like "oh at least your ok...". Then at that moment I saw the corner of her lip spasm and she blacked out for a second O.o;. Turns out she had cut her scalp and I'm pretty sure she had a bit of a concussion, so me and a girl were holding paper towels and an icepack to her head to stop the bleeding until the paramedics came and fortunately everyone was cool about it (a few of my friends can be a bit dramatic), and she ended up having a few staples put in which is better than it could've been. (She's fine now).

So anyway, what's the worst injury you've personally experienced someone have?

I lol'd. I bet that was fun.

mooglebunni608
04-30-2008, 04:29 AM
I smashed all the little toes in my left foot into the fridge. Hard. As in 'I really want to scream right now but I won't because I'm not a wimp so I'll just cry' hard. This was right before a Con full of dances and raves, and I really only had a pair of 4-inch heals to dance in.

Ow.
Pain.

Relapse
04-30-2008, 11:15 AM
most major accident is uh. wait. probably when i was young and hit somewhere on my head and got my only stitch. so yeah. i'm kinda afraid, maybe even phobic, of hitting my head after my friend did and i saw all the blood and all, so luckily i haven't done that before.