PDA

View Full Version : I don't belive in bad luck...

Montoya
04-29-2008, 11:00 PM
I just got into a car crash. I don't really believe in bad luck, but I am wearing my bad luck shirt today and I just got into a minor crash. This is the shirt that I got into a fight against four people with with my friend, the shirt that got me a ticket down in LA, it's almost enough to make believe it's a bad luck charm.
Granted it wasn't that bad, but it was my fault. Nothing really happened to my car except some minor bumps and scratches on the front of the passenger side of the car. The ladies car that I hit fared off a little worse though. The whole front bumper of the car was moved to the right. There were no injuries whatsoever thank God.
So do you believe in bad luck?

Tallulah
04-29-2008, 11:03 PM
I believe in karma, and the threefold rule; that is, if you wish bad on someone/something, it will come back to you three times as strong.

KentaRawr!
04-29-2008, 11:04 PM
To me, luckiness or unluckiness are simply unlikely events that are either very good, or very bad. That's how I normally use the word. However, in the context you're saying, I don't really believe in it because I can't make an explanation for it.

Agrias
04-29-2008, 11:11 PM
i think it depends on how you're raised. Obvs if your parents pounded superstition in you you're gonna be superstitious. It all just depends.

Jessweeee♪
04-30-2008, 12:16 AM
No, I believe in cruel irony :cry:

Evastio
04-30-2008, 12:19 AM
No. Because as unlucky as things may seem for you it's usually because you're in a bad mood and think things are worse than they are that you feel that you're unlucky. That's how it is for me anyways.

Aerith's Knight
04-30-2008, 12:25 AM
people only see and remember the bad things happening to them. Any fortune that comes their way, they smile and forget about it.

bad luck is a state of mind.

Montoya
04-30-2008, 12:38 AM

Yes.

I was looking for a Bank of America and I took a left, although it was to the right of me *crash*. Plus, it was one day after getting new sun glasses.
I'm no believer in bad luck, it's just a mothersmurfer when bad things happen.

Peegee
04-30-2008, 12:40 AM
I don't believe in luck but why not throw away your shirt?

Fonzie
04-30-2008, 03:05 AM
About time to get some new shirts, don't you think?

Jessweeee♪
04-30-2008, 03:10 AM
I don't believe in luck but why not throw away your shirt?

If it really was unlucky, I have a feeling that'd just make it worse D:

It could be like that really really big diamond! Give it to someone as a gift, but be sure to tell them why you don't want it anymore! Or just keep it stuffed in a drawer and never ever wear it :p

Hambone
04-30-2008, 03:16 AM
I don't really believe in luck or bad luck. I think everything happens for a reason. But then again, the ratio of fortunate and unfortunate events in my life is pretty even, so I don't really have any reason to believe that luck exists.

Old Manus
04-30-2008, 07:55 AM
Rumour has it that if you collect all the horseshoes hidden around the city, your luck will increase.

Relapse
04-30-2008, 11:13 AM
throw that away, lol.

i don't really believe in anything, i just think that i'm at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Momiji
04-30-2008, 04:26 PM

Yep.

Ashi
04-30-2008, 05:25 PM
Don't believe in bad luck, per say. But if I'm not downstairs having breakfast well before the clock ticks 7 I usually have a bad day. Though that's probably because I end up being late, catching the bad 7:30+ traffic and arriving to work late and in a bad mood.

The thing with where I commute to is that if I drive there when it isn't very crowded, I can get there in 15 to 20 minutes. But in rush hour it can be somewhere between 30 and 40 minutes.