PDA

View Full Version : BORED.

Jessweeee♪
04-29-2008, 11:38 PM
TAKS testing this week! Today was Social Studies, so everyone finished at about 10:30. Still, they didn't want us to talk or even look at our stuff until 1:30. We could sleep or read a book. I didn't make a trip to the library that morning (whaah) so I tried to sleep. I dreamed that Death By Moogles was looking at an outlet like "Hmm...I wonder what this is?" and then he stuck his finger in it and died :kaocry2:

Then I couldn't fall asleep again and had to spend the next two hours and forty five minutes clawing the skin off of my arm so I had something to do.

What do you do when you're at school, totally bored, and can't do anything?

Kirobaito
04-30-2008, 12:23 AM
They would not even let us read books when we got done with TAKS. We were allowed to draw, basically.

Jessweeee♪
04-30-2008, 12:25 AM
We can't draw...we might be drawing something that represents a test question D:

loinharte
04-30-2008, 01:21 AM
well u could look at somethin untill u fall into complete madness or check out te chick in the third row:)

Jessweeee♪
04-30-2008, 02:33 AM
....actually, I nearly did fall into complete madness! After an hour or so of dying, I heard a seagull outside and thought I was at the beach for a couple of seconds...I could even hear the waves...

Hambone
04-30-2008, 03:55 AM
I must say, I love TAKS. No homework for a few days and the test is ridiculously easy. I have Science on thursday and Social Studies on friday. We get to bring our lunches which is also cool. I love seeing what types of interesting meals I can come up with. I never forget to bring a book. I always bring a strategy guide, sheet music, or nice novel.

However, there are times where I'm finished, have already read to the point where it becomes a burden and is the furthest thing from my mind, and there are still many kids still testing. I've never fallen asleep in school before. I just can't do it. The desks are at an angle that makes sleeping cruely difficult. I was also always taught that it's pathetic and bad to fall asleep during class. At times like this where I can't fall asleep and don't want to read anymore, I'll think of something really funny and laugh a little, play with my hands, or think about something really exciting coming up in the not-too-distant future. School can be painfully boring.

Fonzie
04-30-2008, 04:00 AM
Finished Mathematics today, which was long as fuck. Got Science and World History the next couple days.

Sweet Beloved
04-30-2008, 04:01 AM
When we had testing last week, some of the homewroom teachers wouldn't even let us read a book, we had to sit in complete silence. I just sat there, and doodled all over my desk until two of my close friends were done and we had to write stuff to each other and held them up like signs so the teacher wouldn't think we were writing answers haha. She gets amused at our notes.

If I get too bored, I'll pull out a book and hide it in front of my textbook haha. Or a draw all over my notebook.
It's the only thing that keeps my sanity. D=

Jessweeee♪
04-30-2008, 04:21 AM
Finished Mathematics today, which was long as smurf. Got Science and World History the next couple days.

I get to take the math test tomorrow, then I'm done forevah (assuming I passed them all). I'm gonna miss them x.x

mooglebunni608
04-30-2008, 04:23 AM
What are TAKs??

I like to doodle pretty pictures. I usually have paper and a pen with me.

If I don't, there's always the magical world of IMAGINATION

Jessweeee♪
04-30-2008, 04:24 AM
Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills :p

I think they're getting rid of them next year, though o.o

loinharte
05-02-2008, 10:38 PM
....actually, I nearly did fall into complete madness! After an hour or so of dying, I heard a seagull outside and thought I was at the beach for a couple of seconds...I could even hear the waves...

ya i had the ogts or ohio graduation tests last year so i no how it is
what about the chick in the third row?;);)

Shauna
05-02-2008, 11:14 PM
I sit around and wait for the time to pass by. It may be boring, but I couldn't possibly get any more bored, so it's all good.

Jess
05-02-2008, 11:21 PM
If I'm really that bored - to the point of falling asleep, I will come up with an excuse to go home. Otherwise I will just kill myself laughing at my friend Megan, who is hilarious. :jess:

~*~Celes~*~
05-02-2008, 11:22 PM

OGTs =] Took them my sophomore year and passed with flying colors :cool:

With the Ohio Graduation Tests, we're allowed to sleep after we've finished, and that's what I did for lack of something else to do. They were mind numbingly boring though ;-;

Breine
05-02-2008, 11:26 PM
I doodle. A lot.

Blue Harvest
05-03-2008, 10:10 PM
I lie on my bed and stare at the ceiling.

qwertysaur
05-03-2008, 11:04 PM
That reminds me of the regents exams. Easy, but they gave us so much time to complete them.

Jessweeee♪
05-03-2008, 11:17 PM
I lie on my bed and stare at the ceiling.

They let you take your bed to school O:

Blue Harvest
05-03-2008, 11:32 PM
I was talking about when I get bored at home :p

Jessweeee♪
05-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Oh. WELL THAT DOESN'T HELP ME.

;_;

You should think of other people sometime, you know!

Lawr
05-03-2008, 11:45 PM
I think this is equivalent to our (Michigan's) MEAP.

Blue Harvest
05-04-2008, 12:04 AM
Oh. WELL THAT DOESN'T HELP ME.

;_;

You should think of other people sometime, you know!

Try taking your bed to school. If that fails just lie on the floor and stare at the ceiling :p

loinharte
05-04-2008, 10:58 PM
:)

With the Ohio Graduation Tests, we're allowed to sleep after we've finished, and that's what I did for lack of something else to do. They were mind numbingly boring though ;-;

ya thats what i did to:)
passed mine with colors that fly as well

Goldenboko
05-04-2008, 11:00 PM
wtf are TAKS?

Sergeant Hartman
05-04-2008, 11:03 PM
draw shoops on the back of the paper.

Tallulah
05-04-2008, 11:06 PM
@ GB:

Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills :p

When I'm bored at work I eye up the office cutie(s). ;)

Shoeberto
05-04-2008, 11:32 PM

Oh lord, I thought I'd never have to hear the letters OGT again. They made such a big deal at my school about them and having teachers preparing you just to take problems they know will more or less exactly be on the test... then don't bother with anything else.

The only good part about them was that as a Junior and Senior, we got to start class two hours later than normal because freshman and sophomores were taking practice and real OGTs, respectively.

State-issued standardized tests are kinda BS, imo.

Zeldy
05-04-2008, 11:33 PM
The time allowed for some of my exams is really stupid. The GCSE Technology papers are all 2 hours long, but literally everyone is finished after an hour. We were strictly told NOT to doodle as examiner's do not like seeing it, so you just sit there, staring at a clock with your stomach growling. I usually stare at any hot examiner's that walk up and down the exam hall, but even that gets really really boring xD

I have my actual GCSEs in like a week, I have this all to come :(