PDA

View Full Version : Kaboom.

strawberryman
04-30-2008, 07:04 AM
Self-Destruct ftw.
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9770/boomun7.jpg

Are there any habits anyone takes on their last mob that is just plain fun to do? Popping your 2-hour, casting some ridiculously strong spells back-to-back-to-back, or anything of that nature that would be otherwise useless during EXP.

Ultimage
04-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Hmm... I don't do anything like that, but there is something I do. Now, I don't merit very often, but when a RDM-lite (SCH) friend in my LS asked me to, I decided to go along. RDM is a pretty boring job in merit parties (even on the trolls we were fighting), so after a couple hours, I was ready to go. Finally, my friend said "last chain" and I stopped hasting people, so we would kill the trolls slower and we could leave quicker. Afterwards, I mentioned to LS members in vent that were in the party (including the leader) that the next step was to stop the Refresh cycle, then, if need be, stop helping with the curing.

I don't do this all the time, but when I'm ready to go and I know we're about to leave, I might. Plus, I only merit with LS members, especially the ones in vent, b/c that's the only time it's any fun.

Roogle
04-30-2008, 08:50 PM
Does Self-Destruct kill its user when casted by a Blue Magic user?

Ultimage
04-30-2008, 09:18 PM
No, it puts you at 1 HP and weakens you.

strawberryman
05-01-2008, 01:12 AM
So you're only very likely to die.

Del Murder
05-01-2008, 02:34 AM
I usually 2hr on the last one.

Mirage
05-01-2008, 12:58 PM
When the party is about to end, I sometimes encourage my party to pull a somewhat too strong monster and then all pop their 2hours to kill it. They rarely go along with it :p.

Bahamut2000X
05-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Mostly 2 hour on my jobs.

Though on COR I'll tell them to 2 hour and I will to reset theirs. Sometimes it doesn't work though. XD

Roogle
05-02-2008, 07:58 PM
When the party is about to end, I sometimes encourage my party to pull a somewhat too strong monster and then all pop their 2hours to kill it. They rarely go along with it :p.

This was a common practice in high level parties. Party members would activate their two hour skill to help the party defeat monsters much more quickly in their last chain of battles, but that did not necessarily mean that we would pull a stronger monster than usual over —