PDA

View Full Version : Colonel Volgin vs. Tifa Lockheart

Forsaken Lover
04-30-2008, 04:26 PM
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg216/NikKingMan/vlcsnap-577583.png
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b122/boku_baka/cosplay_tifa012.jpg

Volgin likes to beat on women.
Is Tifa his new pet? Or can she beat him?

Flying Mullet
04-30-2008, 04:27 PM
Who's Colonel Volgin?

Raebus
04-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Volgin is also gay, keep that in mind.

Momiji
04-30-2008, 04:29 PM
How about you state who YOU think would win first, so we can just reluctantly acquiesce and avoid you getting all bent out of shape when someone disagrees with you?

Alucard von Elru
04-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Volgin is a pussy. Boss vs Tifa!

@Mullet: He's a primary antagonist in Metal Gear Solid 3. And he's lame.

EDIT: Seriously, no poll!?

Flying Mullet
04-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Thanks Alucard. :)

If this thread doesn't get some meat to it soon, I'm going to close it.

NeoCracker
04-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Who's Colonel Volgin?

Apperently he's a boss from Metal Gear Solid three. (Thank you google search. :p)

Given the fract MGS3 characters don't seem to be super human compared to other games, (Not AS super human that is), Tifa wins hands down.

Edit: Damn, I got beated by an edit. :(

Roto13
04-30-2008, 05:10 PM
Volgin managed to control Metal Gear (stfu, it's a Metal Gear) by yanking on some cables and blasting electricity into it from his own body.

Volgin ftw.

Forsaken Lover
04-30-2008, 05:27 PM
How about you state who YOU think would win first, so we can just reluctantly acquiesce and avoid you getting all bent out of shape when someone disagrees with you?

Now now. I am all for debate if knowledge is obtained in it.
I only get bent out of shape if you will if people say the same old facts and nothing is gained and it's clear people are just arguing for the sake of argument. There's no point in such waste.

But since you asked kinda nicely: I say Volgin wins.

Reasons:

Tifa has the definite speed and skill edge. Volgin is strong but still a brawler. See his little torturing of Naked Snake:
YouTube - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Greasy Freebooter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Df6uoPrs0)

However, Volgin has the strength, toughness and suerpowers edge.

For strength:
YouTube - Volgin Shagohod Boss Battle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSHWlo2sV4M)

That armor wasn't even dented by C3 and RPG rounds. Volgin punched through it easily.

For superpowers, Volgin has 10,000,000 volts of electricity in his body. He has a forcefield he can raise to protect himself as well as shoot lightning. Plus his bullet trick:
YouTube - Volgin Firing Bullets (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77xKdtRXmVI)

For toughness, see the Strength video...he was hit by lightning after being blasted by an RPG-7 and he didn't even fall down. It took well over 20 rounds of ammo exploding inot his body to kill him.

So, with his superior strength and the fact Tifa never showed she could dodge or deflect bullets like Cloud, I think Volgin would win. And then Tifa ends up like EVA...I hope she likes it that way.

Someone doesn't remember Volgin taking EVA/Tanya to his room multiple times.

KentaRawr!
04-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Please note: Volgin's a pretty tough guy. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAFR7QbkHPo)

Roto13
04-30-2008, 06:49 PM
Tifa got her ass kicked by a wrist-mounted stun gun. What would she do against Volgin's bazillion volts?

Big D
04-30-2008, 11:25 PM
Volgin is also gay, keep that in mind.He's bi, actually - and a sadist to boot.

Volgin's bloody strong, and a huge guy as well. He's an experienced and capable fighter, with or without weapons. Oh, and there's his body's natural ten million volt electrical current.

However, Tifa's got martial arts skill and physical endurance that are, in our world's terms, supernatural. She's a lot smaller and faster than Volgin, so she could evade his blows pretty well. Big Boss was able to take Volgin down, and he could even do it with non-lethal means if he wanted, so I reckon Tifa would be able to as well. Although Big Boss got utterly demolished during his first face-to-face confrontation with Volgin, it needs to be borne in mind that Tifa was part of the team that took down a man who was on his way to Godhood. She can go up, empty-handed, against superhuman soldiers (Deepground) armed with machine guns and come out on top.

Things would get a bit hairy when Volgin starts firing volleys of bullets in random directions by superheating them, though.

If Tifa had materia on hand, she could take out the fight pretty quickly with Leviathan, Aqualung, Bolt, Ramuh, or Trine.

Bolivar
05-01-2008, 01:02 AM
Tifa has tits.

Forsaken Lover
05-01-2008, 02:14 AM
Tifa has tits.

Best argument yet. :)

Nah seriously, that was a good post Big D.

Momiji
05-01-2008, 03:48 AM
Volgin is also gay, keep that in mind.He's bi, actually - and a sadist to boot.

Volgin's bloody strong, and a huge guy as well. He's an experienced and capable fighter, with or without weapons. Oh, and there's his body's natural ten million volt electrical current.

However, Tifa's got martial arts skill and physical endurance that are, in our world's terms, supernatural. She a lot smaller and faster than Volgin, so she could evade his blows pretty well. Big Boss was able to take Volgin down, and he could even do it with non-lethal means if he wanted, so I reckon Tifa would be able to as well. Although Big Boss got utterly demolished during his first face-to-face confrontation with Volgin, it needs to be borne in mind that Tifa was part of the team that took down a man who was on his way to Godhood. She can go up, empty-handed, against superhuman soldiers armed with machine guns and come out on top.

Things would get a bit hairy when Volgin starts firing volleys of bullets in random directions by superheating them, though.

If Tifa had materia on hand, she could take out the fight pretty quickly with Leviathan, Aqualung, Bolt, Ramuh, or Trine.

Big D sums up my opinions once again.

If Tifa has the right materia, it's game over for Volgin.

Markus. D
05-01-2008, 07:13 AM
Tifa has Materia.

and that stungun belonged to a level 150 boss fiend, remember that =]!

Blue Harvest
05-05-2008, 10:29 AM
No matter what materia Tifa uses, she still can't stand up to Volgin. As has been stated, he's physically stronger than her, and he can fire bullets sans gun. But then again, he's dead, so Tifa wins by default.

Big D
05-05-2008, 11:28 AM
No matter what materia Tifa uses, she still can't stand up to Volgin. As has been stated, he's physically stronger than her, and he can fire bullets sans gun. But then again, he's dead, so Tifa wins by default.Tifa can suplex a mothersmurfing dragon.

Markus. D
05-05-2008, 11:57 AM
No matter what materia Tifa uses, she still can't stand up to Volgin. As has been stated, he's physically stronger than her, and he can fire bullets sans gun. But then again, he's dead, so Tifa wins by default.Tifa can suplex a mothersmurfing dragon.

*triangle click!*

Big D
05-05-2008, 12:00 PM
*triangle click!**doesn't get it*

Markus. D
05-05-2008, 12:32 PM
*triangle click!**doesn't get it*

Sorta like "mhm, you go girl~" or "quite corrent" but nicer :3

DMKA
05-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Who's Colonel Volgin?

Only the awesomest awesome boss from Metal Gear Solid 3. ^.^

Forsaken Lover
05-06-2008, 05:04 AM
Who's Colonel Volgin?

Only the awesomest awesome boss from Metal Gear Solid 3. ^.^

Yep.
Just look what he did to Raiden.
YouTube - MGS 3 Secret Theater - Metal Gear Raiden Snake Eraser (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPgDIWxgOYA)

Carl the Llama
05-06-2008, 10:42 AM
I love it how people think that Volgin is stonger then Tifa... I got one question for you, how do you know?

Dont go off saying that he's a man and therefor stronger if Tifa can match damage with all the other people off FFVII when she alone uses her fists I would say she is damned strong.

Tifa FTW

Big D
05-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Dont go off saying that he's a man and therefor stronger I don't think anyone's made that claim - it's not because he's a man, but because he's three times her size. Check his upper body and arm muscle development: the guy's enormous and at least 6'6 tall. People are also favouring him because he has a ten million volt electric current in his body that he can manipulate at will. If MGS3 and FFVII took place in the same world, Volgin would be vastly stronger than Tifa, in physical terms. However, Tifa lives in a completely different fantasy world, and she's clearly immensely strong in that world. Her relatively small frame and lesser muscle mass aren't a setback like they ordinarily would be.

Forsaken Lover
05-06-2008, 01:01 PM
I'd say he's stronger than Tifa for a couple reasons:

-he lifted the entire Davey Crockett rifle and warhead easily with one hand. Recoilless rifles of that size in real life are about 300-400 pounds IIRC.

He also punched through armor thick enough that it wasn't even scratched by RPG-7 rounds.

Did I mention he also keeps rifle rounds on his knuckles? He uses them in conjunction with his punches so that when he hits you, he makes the round explode...it's a punch + a bullet right to the face.

Anyone else remember when Volgin groped EVA'S breasts while simultaneously electrocuting her? Awesome.

Carl the Llama
05-07-2008, 03:15 AM
Dont go off saying that he's a man and therefor stronger I don't think anyone's made that claim - it's not because he's a man, but because he's three times her size. Check his upper body and arm muscle development: the guy's enormous and at least 6'6 tall. People are also favouring him because he has a ten million volt electric current in his body that he can manipulate at will. If MGS3 and FFVII took place in the same world, Volgin would be vastly stronger than Tifa, in physical terms. However, Tifa lives in a completely different fantasy world, and she's clearly immensely strong in that world. Her relatively small frame and lesser muscle mass aren't a setback like they ordinarily would be.

sorry but I have to dissagree there, he isnt anywhere near 3 times her size from this picture
http://mgsplanet.online.fr/images/mgs3/Volgin.png
I would say he is slightly bigger then Loz
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/onthe_linegyrl/30.jpg
and yet Tifa magaes to whoop his ass, and lets not forget in the fight with Loz she moves increadibly fast, possibly fast enough to hand Volgin's ass to him before he even thinks about it, this girl can be thrown across the room at super fast speed and manage to recover.

Sorry but no way can his electric make him a winner, if Snake can beat him with CQC (yes I did it myself) at his slow speed Tifa would be all over Volgin like a rash.

Big D
05-07-2008, 03:38 AM
I mean, if you actually weighed Volgin and Tifa, there'd be a huge difference. Tifa would probably weigh about 120 lb/60 kg or so, at the most. Volgin, on the other hand, would be at least twice that. He's far taller than Big Boss, who's hardly a midget.

In-game battle mechanics really need to be left aside from this kind of discussion, since they naturally defy reality: for example, Big Boss surviving countless bullet wounds and explosions throughout MGS3's gameplay, including shotgun blasts to the face or groin, when we know that he "really" lost his eye to the muzzle flash of a single bullet, as shown via a cutscene.

I argued in my first post that Tifa could theoretically beat Volgin, via her skill and the unnatural strength she exhibits in the FF world. We know for a fact (via Dirge of Cerberus) that she can take on gun-wielding soldiers and prevail. However, 'ability to win a fight' and 'strength' aren't the same thing. If both characters existed in the same fictional universe (instead of different worlds where different rules apply), then Volgin would be far stronger.

Roto13
05-07-2008, 04:24 AM
Tifa lost to Loz in Advent Children.

Proxy
05-07-2008, 09:27 PM

Now now. I am all for debate if knowledge is obtained in it.
I only get bent out of shape if you will if people say the same old facts and nothing is gained and it's clear people are just arguing for the sake of argument. There's no point in such waste.

But since you asked kinda nicely: I say Volgin wins.

Reasons:

Tifa has the definite speed and skill edge. Volgin is strong but still a brawler. See his little torturing of Naked Snake:
YouTube - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Greasy Freebooter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Df6uoPrs0)

However, Volgin has the strength, toughness and suerpowers edge.

For strength:
YouTube - Volgin Shagohod Boss Battle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSHWlo2sV4M)

That armor wasn't even dented by C3 and RPG rounds. Volgin punched through it easily.

For superpowers, Volgin has 10,000,000 volts of electricity in his body. He has a forcefield he can raise to protect himself as well as shoot lightning. Plus his bullet trick:
YouTube - Volgin Firing Bullets (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77xKdtRXmVI)

For toughness, see the Strength video...he was hit by lightning after being blasted by an RPG-7 and he didn't even fall down. It took well over 20 rounds of ammo exploding inot his body to kill him.

So, with his superior strength and the fact Tifa never showed she could dodge or deflect bullets like Cloud, I think Volgin would win. And then Tifa ends up like EVA...I hope she likes it that way.

Someone doesn't remember Volgin taking EVA/Tanya to his room multiple times.

Never really looked at it like that, i was gonna say Tifa, but...Volgin ftw.

KentaRawr!
05-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Tifa lost to Loz in Advent Children.

Didn't he have a taser?

Roto13
05-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Yeah. And Volgin has the power of about a bazillion of tasers. :P

Forsaken Lover
05-08-2008, 01:55 AM
YouTube - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - THE VIRTUOUS MISSION FAILS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83LijC2HJWI)

"Remember the Alamo."

Big D
05-08-2008, 01:56 AM
Yep, Volgin's got ten million volts on his side. And the ability to fling lightning bolts several yards in any direction. And fire bullets from his hands by electrifying them. And create a bulletproof electromagnetic shield around his body. Loz merely likes to fight; Volgin likes to cause suffering. That's a factor in how they fight too. Loz's hydraulic pile-bunker thing can deliver immensely powerful blows, but so can Volgin's fists: the colonel can crack concrete by punching it, crumple steel drums, and even (as had already been mentioned) penetrate weak spots in a steel-armoured vehicle.

Loz is certainly no weakling; like most of the Advent Children cast, he's got strength that's easily superhuman by our world's standard. But in the end, his most impressive feats are (1) using his arm as a springboard to launch Yazoo in the air during the Forgotten City fight, (2) leaping from a moving bike and leaving a crater in the highway, and (3) tossing a half-ton motorcycle with his thighs.

Forsaken Lover
05-08-2008, 04:21 AM
On the note of Volgin's size, The Boss' profile lists her as 5'11. Most numbers on Volgin seem to guess he's around 6'8. With his muscle mass, he's gotta be mid-to-high 200 pounds or even higher.
http://images.wikia.com/metalgear/images/1/13/Volgin.jpg

Big D
05-08-2008, 04:59 AM
He's definitely a big bad mofo. It's hard to tell from the angle of that pic, but his upper arms are larger than his head, and he looks to be around three feet across the shoulders.

DMKA
05-08-2008, 05:26 AM
He gained a lot of muscle when he lost the coat for some reason.

Silly video games.

Forsaken Lover
05-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Here’s some pics of Volgin without the coat
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg216/NikKingMan/vlcsnap-4859220.png
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg216/NikKingMan/vlcsnap-4860053.png

Carl the Llama
05-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Volgin actully cracked the wall by electrifying the bullets in his fist's not with his actual strength.

Also all of you people are saying that Volgin has his electricity, you clearly are forgetting Tifa has her Limit breaks, level 7 Tifa can take on Emerald weapon and win...

Im not saying that she could take on Volgin in the same fasion but when you compare Volgin to Tifa you might want to take these factors into consideration.

And in closeing I have this to say, yes, Tifa did loose to Loz but your forgeting the fact that he had to move at lightning fast speed to win, had he not of had that ability the fight would have ended with him staying down on the floor after Tifa threw him there. Volgin cant move at lightning fast speeds and therfor would loose.

Forsaken Lover
05-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Volgin didn't have the bullets when he punched through the Shagohod's armor. Armor, which again, RPG rounds can't dent.

Carl the Llama
05-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Amazeing how when he punches through the shagohod it penetrates and yet when he hits snake, snake doesnt have a huge hole in him.

Forsaken Lover
05-08-2008, 11:29 PM
Indeed. Same kinda thing happened when Cyborg Fox held up REX's leg but can't knock off Solid's head with a single punch.

DMKA
05-09-2008, 01:27 AM
Amazeing how when he punches through the shagohod it penetrates and yet when he hits snake, snake doesnt have a huge hole in him.

Because its SNAKE. :D

Carl the Llama
05-09-2008, 02:01 AM
and you know why he didnt punch a hole through snake: its because he WANTED to die and he kept harping on about a "Fair Fight" it would hardly be that if he punched a hole through snake now would it.

blackmage_nuke
05-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Volgin actully cracked the wall by electrifying the bullets in his fist's not with his actual strength.

Also all of you people are saying that Volgin has his electricity, you clearly are forgetting Tifa has her Limit breaks, level 7 Tifa can take on Emerald weapon and win...
In this situation its not really fair because the the most part she just used Knights of the Round, so it wasnt really her fighiting.

However i guess if Tifa equiped Elemental materia with Bolt onto her armour then she wont get hurt by Volgins electricity.

I think in a straight up fight with advent children tifa and Volgin, then Volgin would win, but game wise there are too many variables in FFVII to decide.