PDA

View Full Version : holy crap grandma. .

rubah
04-30-2008, 11:04 PM
So I was sitting in physics lecture today with my feet comfortably placed on the seatback in front of me, but when I got up to leave, I couldn't hardly walk!

there was something pinched in my bottom lower back on the right side, just below the level of the belly button, and I couldn't hardly straighten up to walk.

I feel that now I know what daily life is like for my mom whose had back troubles for 13 years now.

If I were still in high school, my friends would be obsessing over trying to find ways to help me pop my back (it was kinda a fad), but the things I've read online haven't seemed very promising.

so I guess it's aleve time.

Back pains anyone?

Aerith's Knight
04-30-2008, 11:38 PM
Yes, from years and years of logging around furniture, kitchens, etc in the warehouses of the Makro and IKEA.

smittenkitten
04-30-2008, 11:43 PM
I've been getting them bad lately. My work makes me carry things are are way too heavy for me. I don't complain though as long as I get paid. Daniel wasn't too happy though when I had to carry a shelf that was four times the size of me up three flights of stairs. :mog:

Hope you get better Rubah. *snugs*

Evastio
05-01-2008, 12:59 AM
I've never suffered any back pains, yet.

rubah
05-01-2008, 02:32 AM
that sounds awful, danielle. Is that really what you're paid to do?

I had stu pick me up over his shoulder (well, up against his shoulder) and he said he heard something pop, and I could lift my leg up to my chest without it dying, so maybe something happened to make it better. I might go see a chiropracter for the fun of it though xD Last semester they had a coupon in these little books they gave us for one, but I don' think they have one this semeste r:(

Aerith's Knight
05-01-2008, 02:34 AM
if your leg died.. thats pretty serious.. you should go see a doctor..

notice how i say doctor and not chiropracter(with the full 2 years of training they go through).

~*~Celes~*~
05-01-2008, 02:49 AM
I only have back problems if I sleep wrong or if I do something to exercise the muscles in my back that I don't usually do.

rubah
05-01-2008, 02:50 AM
it didn't die, it just felt like something getting pinched in my back when I moved it a certain way xD

Aerith's Knight
05-01-2008, 03:25 AM
I guess i shouldnt talk.. i think i bruised my thumb bone when i got drunk on saturday and i refuse to aknowledge the searing pain xD

Shlup
05-01-2008, 03:38 AM
My tail bone has been hurting whenever I sit down for a couple of months now. It's weird...

No back problems though. Just ass.

ShivaBlizzard8
05-01-2008, 04:35 AM
Ugh, after the five hour dance rehersals I've been having this week, I could use a complete spinal readjustment. :eep:

Gogo
05-01-2008, 04:42 AM
Ouch. Did you pinch a nerve? I don't have back problems, yet. I hope I don't get them in the future though.:p

Big D
05-01-2008, 05:30 AM
Seating posture can be a big factor in back pain, be it upper, middle, or lower back. A better posture and a better surface can make a big difference. If you tend to slump back in your chair, it can help to perch forward on the edge of the chair so that it's not possible to lean back. Woodwind players often use this position to ensure easier breathing, which in turn can make you more alert yet more relaxed.Ugh, after the five hour dance rehersals I've been having this week, I could use a complete spinal readjustment.Ow. What kind of dance? Mine tends to lead only to aching ankles and feet, on a bad evening.

rubah
05-01-2008, 05:40 AM
oh my sitting posture has nothing on how I used to sit at home at my computer.

That is, I wouldn't so much sit as just lay all the way back and put my feet up xD

I like to sit on my feet a lot of the time and I think that gives me better posture than most internerds, and it really just started this morning after lecture, it was so weird xD

Big D
05-01-2008, 05:45 AM
oh my sitting posture has nothing on how I used to sit at home at my computer.

That is, I wouldn't so much sit as just lay all the way back and put my feet up xD

I like to sit on my feet a lot of the time and I think that gives me better posture than most internerds, and it really just started this morning after lecture, it was so weird xDSitting or feet, or having feet up, can mess with circulation - could be a side-effect of those two contrasting sitting styles? Both can also put a lot of stretch on the hips, thighs and ankles, but maybe that's just me.

eestlinc
05-01-2008, 07:47 AM
If you have a disc slipping out of place, that can be a big problem for a long time. I would try to avoid doing whatever you do that causes the pain because it will only get much worse as you get older. My old roommate started having back problems in his mid 20s and in his late 20s there were times when he couldn't even drive for a month because the pain was so bad.

Breine
05-01-2008, 10:35 AM
I don't have back problems, yet. I hope I don't get them in the future though.:p

Yes.