PDA

View Full Version : The parties where you blew it.

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
05-01-2008, 01:31 AM
Aight, right after I bought the Greatest Hits version of FFO, I immediately picked a party of Monk, Red Mage, Thief, and Black Mage.

After I beat Tiamat at Lv28, I found out the hard way about unnecessarily wasting ALL my potion stocks, to the point I realized that I'll fail this party. Subsequently, I quit on this one, even though all I'm just missing was the other Sasuke, and not to mention that my Ninja gets Poison'd easily. >_>

Are there any other parties which you blew? Please feel free to share your nightmares.

Bahamut2000X
05-01-2008, 01:42 AM
You could have won still. :p

That's the great thing about FFI, you can beat the game with any party set up, some are just harder then others.

Crossblades
05-01-2008, 02:47 AM
I had two party setups in two of my playthroughs. One was Warrior, Black Mage, White Mage, Monk, and the other was Warrior, Black Mage, Red Mage, Thief. Both parties were very successful, though my second party sorta lacked in healing, because my White Mage had better healing spells than my Red Mage

05-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Aight, right after I bought the Greatest Hits version of FFO, I immediately picked a party of Monk, Red Mage, Thief, and Black Mage.

Replace the BM with a WM and that was the party I had the first time through. Also, it was on the original NES version. Also, I didn't know my monk would be better without a weapon until the game was at least 2/3rds over, and until then he'd do like 12 damage. I still beat the game. It was the only playthrough that challenged me (since then I've always taken at least one fighter), but I beat it. You just gave up too easily.

Evastio
05-01-2008, 06:53 PM

After I beat Tiamat at Lv28, I found out the hard way about unnecessarily wasting ALL my potion stocks, to the point I realized that I'll fail this party. Subsequently, I quit on this one, even though all I'm just missing was the other Sasuke, and not to mention that my Ninja gets Poison'd easily. >_>

Are there any other parties which you blew? Please feel free to share your nightmares.
You serious? :confused:

I beat FF Origins with that exact team (although it was in a different order). Although the lack of a guy to take hits (Knight) and a powerful healer (White Wizard) hurt my team quite a bit that team was balanced enough to win with. If I remember correctly it was on Normal Mode as well.

ReloadPsi
05-11-2008, 10:26 PM
I tried four Black Mages once, named them "Vivi S", "ucks D", "ick in" and "Hell!!", and lasted about five minutes for reasons veterans of this forum will no doubt figure out.

Four White Mages ("Maho", short for "Mahou", "Dyli", short for "Dylis", "Brin", short for "Brindabelle" and "Nela", short for "Petronalla") didn't last me too long either. I think I got up to the point where I was ready to start the Marsh Cave and basically got bored of the length of the battles.

Oddly enough, two of each, Vivi, Palom, Porom and Eiko, made one of the most enjoyable parties I ever played. I was on DoS and conquered the crap out of all four extra dungeons and raised them to level 99.

Chzn8r
07-07-2008, 10:57 PM
I would sooner play through FF1 with all Black Mages than I would with all Thiefs or White Mages. I'd rank 4-ofs (this is assuming class change, I won't bother separating them for now)...

1. All Fighters
2. All Red Mages
(big increase in difficulty after this)
3. All Black Mages
4. All Black Belts
5. All White Mages
6. All Thiefs

However, I don't think the difficulty of any of these should be judged by Dawn of Simplicity. That version just pampers you way too much.

sir helix
07-08-2008, 07:29 AM
warr named argus
theif named owzer
wht mage named mikoto
blk mage named gillis

i failed this party by letting my game get stolen

Saber
07-14-2008, 02:09 AM
My first time through was on nes. I picked a knight, 2 red mages and a blackbelt. The game wasn't hard but I soon found out the red mages don't get the best spells. So I started over with the "best crew" A knight a whitemage a black mage and a blackbelt. HA solved all my problems as did drugs lol J/k

FFIX Choco Boy
07-15-2008, 05:20 PM
I've never gotten a fail party, and I've done all the 4 of one type parties, and all the solo parties. I'll rank em in diffuculty, easy to hard.

4 of one type:
Black Mage
Black Belt
Red Mage
Fighter
Thief
White Mage

These were acttually all very easy.

Solo Parties:
Fighter
Black Belt
Red Mage
Black Mage
Thief
White Mage

These were all close to impossible until class change with the warrior, then I breezed the game. The White Mage took me over 6 hours to kill Chaos.

Exdeath
07-16-2008, 10:55 PM
I turned on my NES one day, FF in the slot, with a mission. "4 black belts honestly can't be that hard, I'll try it myself." An epic failure had occured that day.

FFIX Choco Boy
08-03-2008, 10:40 AM
I guess you just don't have the epic gaming skills I do, hell I even Black Belt soloed the game!

Bahamut2000X
08-04-2008, 01:59 AM
I guess you just don't have the epic gaming skills I do, hell I even Black Belt soloed the game!

To be honest that's not terribly impressive for a solo challenge. Since Black Belts practically one shot everything by the end of the game.

Solo low level Thief challenge on the other hand I hear is quite a pickle to complete.

Exdeath
08-04-2008, 03:30 PM

I couldn't stand how often they missed. Powerful, but with such horrible aim! Like watching a nerd on youtube flail with some nunchucks!

demondude
08-04-2008, 04:24 PM

I try to contain myself, it IS only a video game. :p

Mystik_Ninja
08-05-2008, 04:51 PM
I tried this one on the NES version. It moved through the game OK, but it ends up being pretty ridiculous to actually play. After about level 12 the monks do ALL of the damage dealing, but the party will always be hurting for defense and needs all the RM white magic and more just to survive.:choc2:

ReloadPsi
08-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Surely Black Belts can't suck as much as Black Mages. I'm gonna have to finally give it a try...

FFIX Choco Boy
08-08-2008, 12:02 PM
Black Mages have fairly high agility in my experience, and after the multi target spells, they just blast through monsters before they can even get touched.

DarkLadyNyara
08-08-2008, 01:12 PM
I got halfway through the Chaos Shrine on my Solo lowest level white mage game. Then said "the hell with it" and quit. I'll probably try again when I get some free time. The solo lowest level black mage game didn't even get past the vampire in the Earth Cavern. :(

Slothy
08-08-2008, 02:36 PM
4 black mages. I didn't so much blow it with them as got bored senseless. They require so much money to buy spells, and healing items, and decent armour when you can, and keep their magic up that it just wasn't worth it in the end. I switched to 4 Fighters after I gave up on black mages and got farther in an hour than they did in four. Black Mages may be a walking death squad when they get going, but you have to be pretty patient to get them there. Fighters do pretty well though with just a good stock of potions, decent equipment, and some leveling, and never have to go back to an Inn because they can't hit the enemy anymore.

Comet
08-27-2008, 11:08 PM
A knight, a thief, a monk and a red mage :D I actually thought I would get raped but I completed the game by using mostly physical attacks.

Liar
08-31-2008, 10:51 AM
Knight, Blackbelt, White Mage, Black Mage. I had no magic or physical attacks.

SABR
09-07-2008, 03:14 AM
I tried to go solo with a black mage. I got to lv 2, then gave up. Even getting there was hard.

Thais
11-07-2008, 10:44 AM
A knight, a thief, a monk and a red mage :D I actually thought I would get raped but I completed the game by using mostly physical attacks.
Wow, that's the exact same setup I had!

Except it was hard because my Monk and Thief kept getting killed, and my Red Mage couldn't do much of anything :(

When I replayed on the GBA, I played smarter - Fighter, Thief, Black Mage, White Mage. Soooooooo much better!

Exdeath
11-08-2008, 07:17 PM
My first party actually sucked.
Red Mage, White Mage, Black Mage, Thief.
It was the GBA version, and I was on a plane. To California and back to Michigan, the noob I was had to develop a strategy that didn't rely on attacks. I still beat it. GBA is too easy.

Jessweeee♪
11-09-2008, 09:16 PM
I read the thread title as "panties."

xD

Black Magic Shopkeeper
11-12-2008, 06:18 PM
xD The panties where you blew it?

Yeah, I think my worst panties (party) ever was Black Mage, Red Mage, White Mage and Monk.
I mean wth. Talk about a deathwish. ._.;

black orb
11-29-2008, 04:19 AM
>>> Every party that had a black belt was a failure..