PDA

View Full Version : Fullscreen slideshow

PhoenixAsh
05-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Okay I've collected a load of photos from various sources (facebook, my own...) and I want to play them as a slideshow, or at least be able to view them quickly in fullscreen. Is there a way to have Windows automatically enlarge images as much as possible to fit the window?

Flying Mullet
05-01-2008, 03:24 PM
I know if you have the media version of XP, if you open a folder in Windows Explorer there will be some options in the menu on the left side of the window, one of which is to play a slide show.

rubah
05-01-2008, 03:57 PM
you could always make a powerpoint presentation!

is the media xp slideshow a lot different from say the picture slideshow screensaver or the film strip folder view?

I know there's a thing called Image Browser with osx that attaches itself to Finder and it's really good for showing images in a folder quickly; there's probably something analogous in windows.

Flying Mullet
05-01-2008, 04:51 PM
I know there's a thing called Image Browser with osx that attaches itself to Finder and it's really good for showing images in a folder quickly; there's probably something analogous in windows.
Yes, that's the slide show menu option I was referring to.

crono_logical
05-01-2008, 08:11 PM
The default image viewer Windows Picture and Fax Viewer in XP works for me - just hit F11 after opening the first picture in the folder, and you can flick through the rest of the folder with pgup/pgdn :p Though I guess it doesn't expand images to larger than 100% size in that mode if they're smaller than the whole screen, if that's what you're after :p

PhoenixAsh
05-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Unfortunately, yes, that is what I'm after. Is there a quick way to resize a load of photos? Thanks anyway...