PDA

View Full Version : mistaken identity

rubah
05-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Is there anything so disgusting tasting as a food that isn't what you thought you were eating?

for example, I am eating some baked cheddar and sour cream chips right now, but I thought they were baked doritos, and every time I take a bite, I try to remember that I am not eating doritos, yet every time I expect it, and thus I cannot enjoy these chips.

And that means I will consume the entire bag hoping to find out how to enjoy them without actually doing it. dangit!

Momiji
05-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Whenever I have to eat something I don't like, I try to pretend it's ice cream.

When I put the pretend ice cream in my mouth, I am sadly disappointed.

Caraliz
05-01-2008, 07:46 PM
oh my god yes. i always eat eggs and expect bacon in them and when there isn't i always get disappointed. :( i don't even like eggs.

Nominus Experse
05-01-2008, 08:16 PM
No, I've never experienced this odd phenomenon.

Hambone
05-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Yes. Once when I was like 8, my trailer-trash grandmother fed us a side-dish recipe that consisted of a half of a pear, some miracle whip on top, and topped with shredded American cheese. Yeah. I know.

DMKA
05-01-2008, 11:41 PM
Once I accidentally drank Aqua Velva instead of Diet Coke.

Strangely, it's not as different as you'd think.

I Took the Red Pill
05-01-2008, 11:43 PM
I had a cup of grape juice when I was like 5 and I set it down. I then returned later to look for it, found a glass of similarly colored fluid, and took a nice, refreshing draught of...wine. Wine is now one of the few alcoholic beverages which I do not enjoy.

Evastio
05-01-2008, 11:51 PM
I've never done that with food before.

Peegee
05-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Here's a good example, imo:

I like iced tea (sweetened) and coca cola.

However if I drink one thinking it's the other, it's gross =(

Namelessfengir
05-02-2008, 12:05 AM
this has happened but if i start eating something and it turns out i dont like it (heres a real kicker) i stop eating it

Levian
05-02-2008, 12:14 AM
I woke up one morning, unaware of the fiery hell I was just about to go through. In front of me was a glass of black liquid. "Oh, I didn't finish my coke yesterday" I thought. Oh the stupidity. I expected it to be old, dead, warm coke, so I didn't expect it to taste very good. However, I did not expect it to taste cold, old, pukalicious coffee. I mean who the hell drinks coffee from a glass? WHO? I really want to know. Oh and I don't even like hot coffee, so there's always that. Coffee is for grown ups and people with brown teeth.

Vermachtnis
05-02-2008, 12:16 AM
I've been known to have a drink in one hand and something nasty in another and forget which was which and take a drink of vineger instead of Dr Pepper.

KentaRawr!
05-02-2008, 03:39 AM
I once mistook Gingerale (sp?) for Sprite. However, I quite liked it.