PDA

View Full Version : Help with Payment

Dude1972
05-02-2008, 06:07 AM
I currently do not have a Credit Card. BUT I do have a Visa Debit Card. But for some reason it's not working..anyone know how to enter the debit card in?

Germ Hamee
05-02-2008, 06:53 AM
Which part isn't working? You should be able to input it the same as any other credit card.

Roogle
05-02-2008, 07:57 PM
The verification process is standard. Have you purchased anything online or over the phone before?

If you cannot purchase anything online with your type of debit card, then you will not be able to use it in PlayOnline. If you have purchased anything online before, verify that you are inputting the correct information in each field as specified by your bank.

What is the error code given to you by PlayOnline?

Dude1972
05-03-2008, 02:32 AM
The Error Code is UCS-5004.

My debit card does not have a CARD HOLDER Name. Nor a Billing Adress.

Namelessfengir
05-03-2008, 03:19 AM
the cardholder name is your name
the billing address is asking where should they send the bill, like maybe to your address

Dude1972
05-05-2008, 08:42 AM
Yeah I know that. but my debit card does not have those 2. does this mean i can't play the game?

CimminyCricket
05-05-2008, 09:14 AM
Your debit card isn't going to have an address on it, and I guess that what you have is an ATM savings card. You can't purchase things online with a savings card. It has to be a check card attached to a checking account.

Mirage
05-05-2008, 07:12 PM
The billing address doesn't really matter. I've changed my billing address several times in FFXI without informing the VISA guys. Just type in where you live.

Is your card a "Visa Electron"?

Rostum
05-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Your debit card isn't going to have an address on it, and I guess that what you have is an ATM savings card. You can't purchase things online with a savings card. It has to be a check card attached to a checking account.

Actually, he said he had a Visa Debit Card, which can be used online and worldwide. Not even a credit card has a billing address stamped on the card, it's just the address you signed up with (for the card).

Just do what Mirage says. You should be able to use the card...

CimminyCricket
05-06-2008, 06:09 AM
The ATM savings card has the Visa logo on it as well. The only difference is that it doesn't have a name or the little number on the back of it.

Dude1972
05-06-2008, 06:10 AM
The thing is it won't work...it's a VISA Debit Gift Card..is that bad?

Germ Hamee
05-06-2008, 07:33 AM
I don't think you can subscribe to this game with a gift card.

Rostum
05-06-2008, 07:39 AM
I don't think you can subscribe to this game with a gift card.

They're not gift cards.

Ouch!
05-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Debit gift cards function differently than normal debit cards, if I remember properly, and I don't think SE accepts them.

Germ Hamee
05-06-2008, 08:22 AM
They're not gift cards.

So why are they called gift cards?

Roogle
05-06-2008, 07:31 PM
E-Commerce specialty stores and subscriptions usually disallow VISA, MasterCard, and American Express gift cards because it can allow a consumer to dodge a continuity sales model.

If your debit card or savings card does not have a cardholder name or a billing address, it cannot be used to purchase anything online as these are two of several important components to an online transaction.

The thing is it won't work...it's a VISA Debit Gift Card..is that bad?

Yes. The purpose of a VISA Debit Gift Card is to disassociate the source of the money. VISA Debit Gift Cards may have a certain limit set to its funds before its expiration, or it may not be able to be charged. Most vendors online will disallow this type of card to be used in a transaction because you would essentially be able to legitimately pay any upfront costs, yet when the vendor, hypothetically, attempts to charge you again, they may be left with a loss as the gift card is not tied to any bank account or credit account.

They're not gift cards.

The VISA Debit Gift Card is a gift card — the other type of card referenced is a type of debit card probably meant to teach minors the values of saving and spending money.

Rostum
05-06-2008, 10:59 PM
They're not gift cards.

The VISA Debit Gift Card is a gift card — the other type of card referenced is a type of debit card probably meant to teach minors the values of saving and spending money.

Except that the original poster never said anything about it being a gift card.

EDIT: I only saw his original post that didn't say gift, but have just been shown his other post that did say gift. My apologies.

Just so you know I actually thought we were talking about visa debit cards :p