PDA

View Full Version : Synchronicity and Coincedence

Wolf Kanno
05-02-2008, 06:55 AM
So the other night I was checking up some stuff on MGS4 and decided to look at the profiles of a few of the english VA for the series (did you know that the VA for Old man Revolver Ocelot did the voice of Elroy Jetson in the Jetson Movie :eek: weird!) anyway... I discovered that the VA of Solid Snake, David Hayter had voiced Lupin III in the Miyizaki movie Castle of Caligostro. I realized I had never seen this Miyizaki flick and I'm a huge fan of both Miyizaki and Lupin III. I log off and turn on one of the basic movie channels and I kid you not, it was Castle of Caligostro... I had a bit of a chuckle and enjoyed a beautiful movie.

So have you had anytime where you thought about something and it happened? Or perhaps were thinking about a person you haven't seen in years and ran into them the day you thought about them? Any other odd coincedences and synchronicities you wish to divulge? :D

Peegee
05-02-2008, 01:16 PM
It happens all the time. When you focus upon a particular thing, your mind starts looking for it everywhere, and so instances when it occurs start to appear as if they were coincidentally there rather than, say, that they just happened to be there.

Proxy
05-03-2008, 08:16 AM
It happens all the time. When you focus upon a particular thing, your mind starts looking for it everywhere, and so instances when it occurs start to appear as if they were coincidentally there rather than, say, that they just happened to be there.
Well said! You think about it more, and there it is :)

Hambone
05-03-2008, 03:22 PM
It happens to me whenever I think of a really funny episode of Family Guy. It's always the next re-run that they play. It's creepy, but I'm also grateful.

Rye
05-03-2008, 03:57 PM
I love ir when I'm thinking about a song, and it pops on the radio. It's even better when you're thinking of a specific part of the song and you turn on the radio and it's playing EXACTLY what part you're thinking of. xD