PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man!

Bahamut2000X
05-02-2008, 07:49 PM
So just saw this last night and I was quite impressed. Robert Downey Jr. does a good Stark, and over all the acting was great. The movie was pretty awesome and really the only gripe I had with it is they spent too long building the suit I think, and not enough time actually showing some action. The fights were awesome but they could have had a little bit more added to them I think.

Though according to wikipedia the whole cast has been signed on for 2 more sequels making an Iron Man trilogy.

Cookie
05-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Iron Man is one of my least favourite Avengers, but still, I think the film looks great and I'd go and see it if I had any money.

Dreddz
05-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Im watching it tonight. Would rather stay home and watch Peep Show but someones paying for me so its all good.

Vermachtnis
05-02-2008, 08:12 PM
I'm planning on watching it sometime. I don't know alot about Iron Man, but the special effects look awesome.

Breine
05-02-2008, 09:56 PM
I've heard a lot of good things about it, and so I might watch it at some point, even though I don't really know that much about Iron Man.

XxSephirothxX
05-02-2008, 10:01 PM
From what I've read, Robert Downy Jr. is this movie. Which is 100% okay with me. Going to see it with a big group tonight. Very excited. Even though there are bigger blockbusters coming this summer, I've actually been anticipating Iron Man more than Indiana Jones or The Dark Knight simply because it's new.

I Took the Red Pill
05-02-2008, 10:07 PM
I wasn't at all excited about it when I saw the previews for it, but since it's getting such phenomenal reviews, I'm seeing it tonight.

Sweet Beloved
05-02-2008, 10:10 PM
It looks like it'll be a good one.
:] I'm gonna try to see it soon.

Meow
05-03-2008, 12:54 AM
six word review: heck yes son

Dolentrean
05-03-2008, 03:18 AM
Saw it at an 8 o'clock early showing last night. It was great watching with all the other geeks. I thought it was great, one of the best super hero movies I have seen in quite some time. There were a few lulls in the fight scean, but it was overall a great movie. Some great moments that people who read the comics will love (expecially if you read the Ultimate version of the comics at sometime or another)

Also stay to the end of the credits...

I Took the Red Pill
05-03-2008, 05:14 AM
I think it just toppled Batman Begins as my favorite superhero movie.

Elite Lord Sigma
05-03-2008, 05:24 AM
I haven't seen it yet, and I probably won't until I get a job.

ljkkjlcm9
05-03-2008, 06:36 AM
Greatly enjoyed it, hope all who saw it stayed til the end of the credits. All who plan to see it, make sure you do. It should make you jump for joy.

THE JACKEL

Proxy
05-03-2008, 07:29 AM
AHHH Jackel. I shat brix at the end.
I thoroughly loved the movie. I didn't think there was any real bad part in it. great from a-z.
I'm considering going to see it again.
but yeah, stay until after the credits, so worth it.

Bunny
05-03-2008, 08:10 AM
I saw it earlier tonight and the theater was pretty packed. Mostly by idiots. A few people were complaining that they didn't understand or like the movie based purely on Downey's performance. But that's typical of most of his roles, so they can be easily ignored and pinned as 'tards. The movie was wonderful and one of, if not the best, comic book movies that I have seen. The entire cast gives a wonderful performance.

Unfortunately, I was told there wasn't anything after the credits, although I suspected there might be. I'll catch it on youtube sometime within the week, I'm sure. And I already read a spoiler about what it was, so that's enough to hold me over.

I Took the Red Pill
05-03-2008, 05:06 PM
Every time I saw Jeff Bridges as Obadiah all I could think of was The Big Lebowski. Also, having Tom Morello appear as a cameo role officially solidifies a movie as gold.

fire_of_avalon
05-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Hopefully I'll see it next week after exams and papers are done.

Remember to tag your spoilers!

Raistlin
05-03-2008, 07:25 PM
... this movie is good?

I was a huge comic book nerd growing up, but I thought the previews made this movie look like crap. I wasn't even planning on seeing it in theaters.

Captain Maxx Power
05-03-2008, 07:25 PM
I really wanna go see this, but I need a suitable number of people to go with since going to the cinema on your own is just ultimate fail.

XxSephirothxX
05-03-2008, 07:31 PM
... this movie is good?

I was a huge comic book nerd growing up, but I thought the previews made this movie look like crap. I wasn't even planning on seeing it in theaters.
That's crazy. The trailers were fantastic. The movie was fantastic. It's 94% or something on Rottentomatoes.

Extremely enjoyable movie, though there were little things here and there that bugged me. It was still really fun though.

Does anyone have a good explanation for why, at the climax, the Arc Reactor's release of energy just kinda bounced Stark up on to the roof, but then channeled a :skull::skull::skull::skull:load of energy into Obadiah and totally fried him? It seemed far too convenient to be really satisfying. I thought maybe it was because his reactor was still active and attracted the current, or something, but I dunno. I thought that was a little lame.

Calliope
05-03-2008, 09:33 PM
I've been harping on about this movie for the last year, and it was totally worth the wait. No overblown romantic storyline! No sitting around whining over whether it's morally sound to blast bad guys into hades! No ruining the billionaire playboy image (thanks a lot, Bruce Wayne)!

I'm always slightly nervous watching any Marvel film until I've spotted Stan Lee, and I freaked out at The Nightwatchman a bit. Perfect casting.

Bahamut2000X
05-04-2008, 04:12 AM
Azar it was because Starks early model arc reactor was out of power so it couldn't get fried but instead got charged up, where as Obidiah still had one with energy and all his electrical systems running so they shorted and blew out. Or something like that I'm no physics expert. >.>

Raistlin
05-04-2008, 06:16 AM
I just saw this movie tonight with friends and I was pleasently surprised. It's a good movie. Not great, nothing fantastic, but entertaining and worthwhile, which is the most one can really hope for from a comic book-based movie.

However, the previews for The Dark Knight look amazing.

Ouch!
05-04-2008, 07:22 AM
I just got back, and I thought the Iron Man movie was sufficiently badass.

Depression Moon
05-04-2008, 08:15 PM
I was tremendously surprised on this film. I think it might possibly be the best film based off a comic book and I always thought that could never be a movie better than Batman Returns and Batman Begins. You should really go see this movie if you can I enjoyed it immensely yesterday.

Shlup
05-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Last night I went to see it, reluctantly, and ended up loving it. I would put it at the second best comic book super hero movie, second only to Batman Begins.

There was a lot of exposition, but I like that because I knew there wuld be more. If there was only going to be one movie and they spent that much time on exposition, I would be kinda miffed, but it was good under the circumstances.

Something freaky is going on with Vista slash Firefox (I cant even hit some of the punctuation buttons), but in response to Nicky: I think the difference, from my understanding, is that the previous Marvel movies were purchased and produced by other studios, but Marvel studios made this one themselves. So it was less gay.

Kes
05-04-2008, 10:43 PM
I saw it Friday night. And I agree it's as awesome as everyone says.

I do wonder though, did anyone else think the bit with the soccer mom on the bridge was thrown in there so that Universal (or whoever) can make a ride out of this movie? Because that's what it felt like to me. . .

Araciel
05-05-2008, 12:08 AM
Finally they did one to my satisfaction (comic book movie that is).

Peegee
05-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Finally they did one to my satisfaction (comic book movie that is).

V for Vendetta. I still watch it from time to time.

I watched it with Araciel (xD) because he was in town (again my fault). I enjoyed it immensely. I was groaning when Peppers kept the first power supply, because I thought that it would be stolen to power the Iron Monger in the final sequence, but it didn't happen that way. In fact, Peppers' move saved Stark. Win

Stick around for the ending if you can. Spoilers too great to even make post.

Araciel
05-05-2008, 09:01 PM
V for Vendetta is the stupidest :skull::skull::skull::skull: I've seen.

Ever.

I have no doubt that the filk is true to the comic, but that's clearly not a good thing if it's true.

Monol
05-05-2008, 09:02 PM
"The dude" was in it. Stan lee was in it. Hott chicks were in it.

This movie was freakin awsome and the end credits made me blow up inside (the good kind of blow up...awww yeeeah) sort of excited for the sequels now.

ljkkjlcm9
05-05-2008, 09:03 PM
for those interested
IGN: More Marvel Movies (http://movies.ign.com/articles/871/871576p1.html)

Hulk this summer, Iron Man 2, then Thor, then Captain America, then The Avengers... with an Antman movie in there somewhere before The Avengers
so yeah, they're releasing all the big members of the Team in individual movies first

THE JACKEL

Bahamut2000X
05-05-2008, 09:30 PM
I'm amazed they already have dates set for the sequel, just a half week ago no one knew if the movie would even be good and now we already have a date for the sequel planned.

As for the rest of the movies, I doubt their next ones will be quite as good. I'm far more excited for Iron Man 2 then I am for the rest of their movies combined. Though an Avengers movie might be decent. But mostly because it will have Iron Man in it.

fire_of_avalon
05-08-2008, 05:15 AM
Looooved it. Hugest crush on Robert Downey Jr. all over again.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-08-2008, 07:53 AM
I went in knowing very little about Iron Man, and I must say I was quite impressed. It was a fun movie, and Stark is a hilariously amusing character.

Masamunemaster
05-08-2008, 08:21 AM
NNOOOOO....I was told there was nothing after the credits so I left*cries badly*...oh well itll be on youtube in a week as said earlier

Dolentrean
05-08-2008, 10:10 AM

You and me both sister... Wait... Never mind.

Proxy
05-08-2008, 04:27 PM
he's so dreamy.

I'm stoked for the Hulk next.

OOC: squee! Deadpool & Gambit are gonna be in the Wolverine Origins movie...DEADPOOL! =D

JKTrix
05-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Saw this on Day 1 while I was in Australia, and I did stay after the credits. Though i think I spoiled it for everyone else in the theatre, because as soon as he spoke I screamed out "THAT'S _____! THAT'S ______!"

I had never even read an iron man comic before, but just 2 months ago my cousin got me to read 'The Ultimates' story and I remembered that particular character.

I was upset that the movie ticket costed $15 AUS, but the after-the-credits thing made me forget all about it.

Araciel
05-09-2008, 08:56 PM
he's so dreamy.

I'm stoked for the Hulk next.

OOC: squee! Deadpool & Gambit are gonna be in the Wolverine Origins movie...DEADPOOL! =D

Too bad Deadpool is played by Ryan Reynolds...sure the humour is there, but the voice doesn't fit in my mind. Also, he'll no doubt show his face which sucks too.

As for Gambit, he's to be played by a mostly unknown actor. Let's hope this works out well....of course there will be gripes, but that's what we fanboys are good at.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-20-2008, 11:31 PM
want happened after the credits? my folks didnt wanna stick around =/

Araciel
05-21-2008, 01:37 AM
want happened after the credits? my folks didnt wanna stick around =/

Nick Fury showed up and wanted to talk to Tony about the 'Avenger Initiative'. Oh yeah, and Nick Fury was played by Samuel L Muthasmurfin' Jackson.