PDA

View Full Version : Earthbound rated by ESRB for Wii

Roto13
05-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Virtual Console: ESRB Rates EarthBound For Wii VC (http://kotaku.com/386606/esrb-rates-earthbound-for-wii-vc)

Looks like Earthbound is coming to the Virtual Console. Now all of the giant pretend Earthbound fans can actually buy it for the first time ever (because come on, if the sales of that game matched the love it gets from the internet, it wouldn't have taken ten years to get a sequel, and it wouldn't have been Japan only.)

NeoCracker
05-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Hey, had I not found out about the game during a time I couldn't buy it, I might have done more then rent it from a local store a freakishly large number of times.

Also, this may very well be my first VC game purchase.

KentaRawr!
05-02-2008, 10:09 PM
I didn't really like what I played of Earthbound, but oh well.

I'll buy it anyway.

Necronopticous
05-02-2008, 10:18 PM
A DS release would be preferable, but it's really about time Nintendo did something Mother-related that doesn't flip a middle finger at the series' foreign fans.

Dreddz
05-02-2008, 10:32 PM
They are releasing alot more crap on the Virtual Console these days ive noticed.

leilei
05-02-2008, 11:26 PM
E with no descriptors? There should be descriptors for some things:

- "Crap" said in monkey cave
- Following what appears to be a scantily clad prostitute into the hotel in dark Threed (and then getting 'knocked out'). Definitely 'suggestive themes' here
- Mild Violence because you're hitting things with baseball bats and yoyos and bottle rockets!! That can be easily imitated in real life!!
- The several landmarking "coffee trips". Caffeine is a drug. DRUG USE !!!
- The mexican slot machine guys. SIMULATED GAMBLING !!!!! OH NO

Vermachtnis
05-02-2008, 11:55 PM
E with no descriptors? There should be descriptors for some things:

- "Crap" said in monkey cave
- Following what appears to be a scantily clad prostitute into the hotel in dark Threed (and then getting 'knocked out'). Definitely 'suggestive themes' here
- Mild Violence because you're hitting things with baseball bats and yoyos and bottle rockets!! That can be easily imitated in real life!!
- The several landmarking "coffee trips". Caffeine is a drug. DRUG USE !!!
- The mexican slot machine guys. SIMULATED GAMBLING !!!!! OH NO

:D I love the ESRB and their Sprites=E rating. I mean do you have any idea how much they swear in Mana Khemia and they only gave it E10+. Anyway I need a WII now more than ever.

NeoCracker
05-03-2008, 12:20 AM
They don't swear that much in Mana Khemia. :p

Not nearly enough to raise the it above E10+.

Madame Adequate
05-03-2008, 12:48 AM
Now all of the giant pretend Earthbound fans can actually buy it for the first time ever (because come on, if the sales of that game matched the love it gets from the internet, it wouldn't have taken ten years to get a sequel, and it wouldn't have been Japan only.)

I laughed at the giant truth.

Momiji
05-03-2008, 03:25 AM
They are releasing alot more crap on the Virtual Console these days ive noticed.

It's a damn shame you don't like games that are actually good.

It's about time! I saw this on G4 earlier, but Rhody beat me to making a thread for it, oh well. I'll most likely get it, even though I have the SNES cartridge. I really wish they'd make a US release of Mother 3 though...

Elite Lord Sigma
05-03-2008, 04:11 AM
At least I'll have a steady income by then so I can actually afford this in lieu of begging my parents for money or waiting until my birthday and Christmas.

Jowy
05-03-2008, 05:29 AM
I'll buy it.

Zeromus_X
05-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Nice, it's great to see more good games hitting the Virtual Console.

Crossblades
05-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Sweets =) I never finished it on the SNES. Good to see more good RPGs hit the Virtual Console