PDA

View Full Version : Stylus Blitz!

Arthurdent_78
05-03-2008, 08:30 AM
I was just thinking, for the (now inevitable) DS remake of FFVI, it would be interesting if you had to draw your blitzes...and maybe even your swordtechs too. What does everyone think? Will it happen? Would it work well...or just end up as a gimmick?

Its ginda got me excited!

Zechs
05-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Probably give each Esper a symbol, and when an Esper is summoned, draw the corresponding symbol. The more accurate the more powerful the spell. Just a though.

blackmage_nuke
05-03-2008, 11:30 AM
They should totally do that with Relm's sketch. Some kind of connect the dots situation. Mog's Dance would be fun too, maybe then it wouldnt fail so often.

Roto13
05-03-2008, 03:29 PM
How much stylus control is in FF III and VI DS? Anything besides menu selections?

Heath
05-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Probably give each Esper a symbol, and when an Esper is summoned, draw the corresponding symbol. The more accurate the more powerful the spell. Just a though.

That sounds like a pretty fun idea. Very much like what they did in Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow for defeating bosses.

Crossblades
05-03-2008, 06:54 PM
How much stylus control is in FF III and VI DS? Anything besides menu selections?

You can move the character on the map with the stylus

Momiji
05-04-2008, 04:17 PM

You can move the character on the map with the stylus

In battles, you can also drag a box on the screen to select all enemies/all characters.

Gogo
05-04-2008, 08:04 PM
I wish they'd do something cool like this with a remake... but they won't :(

mose-schrute
05-05-2008, 05:06 AM
In battles, you can also drag a box on the screen to select all enemies/all characters.

I can't believe I didn't know that! That makes me unreasonably excited!

Zechs
05-05-2008, 09:04 AM
They made it playable with just the stylus. But with IV and VI, more interactivity options would be great for character specials. The Esper is a great idea, Sketch, Dance, maybe Slot and pick them with the stylus... Lots of cool little features.

Roogle
05-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Why do you feel that a remake of Final Fantasy VI on the Nintendo DS is inevitable, Arthurdent_78?

I think that a hypothetical remake of Final Fantasy VI on the Nintendo DS could make use of its touch screen to further differentiate the skillsets of each playable character in methods similar to those mentioned by other users: Sketch, for example, would benefit the most from this type of enhancement, and maybe the effort put into the player to use it would make it worthwhile rather than a useless command.

Arthurdent_78
05-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Sorry it took me so long to reply, I was in the process of moving... gah... Anyway, I feel it is inevitable because of the success of both FFIII & FFIV (although IV hasn't been released outside of Japan yet, Gamestats shows that its the most popular DS game, and 17th most popular overall, on their site - meaning I'm guessing its going to sell well.) If nothing else, I seriously think Squeenix's board of directors will direct them to remake V & VI for profit alone. Although I wonder, with the content of VI, if they add anything to the plot, will it need to go on multiple cards?

Bolivar
05-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Sorry it took me so long to reply, I was in the process of moving... gah... Anyway, I feel it is inevitable because of the success of both FFIII & FFIV (although IV hasn't been released outside of Japan yet, Gamestats shows that its the most popular DS game, and 17th most popular overall, on their site - meaning I'm guessing its going to sell well.) If nothing else, I seriously think Squeenix's board of directors will direct them to remake V & VI for profit alone. Although I wonder, with the content of VI, if they add anything to the plot, will it need to go on multiple cards?

The only problem is that III and IV DS-remakes were done by Hiromichi Tanaka's division at Square-Enix, the director of those 2 games. FFV was when the old development team was phased out and the new one(s) which we all know and love today was brought in to the fold.

I think stylus use for special attacks would be better suited for Chrono Trigger. But it would be fun to make blitz a little more exciting than a fighter-style input.

bdon333
05-24-2008, 01:23 AM
im still hoping that vi will be remade for psp and not ds...graphics would look so much nicer

Arthurdent_78
05-29-2008, 07:05 PM
OHH!!! I just thought...VI for Wii!? Okami style Wiimote use for the same things we're talking about...
But then...no they wouldn't do something that cool...
I suppose they probably want to keep things portable. Grrrr. But imagine the level of graphics they could accomplish, and they wouldn't have to worry about what could fit on the card!

But se la ve, it won't happen. *sigh*

Gogo
05-30-2008, 11:47 AM
OHH!!! I just thought...VI for Wii!? Okami style Wiimote use for the same things we're talking about...
But then...no they wouldn't do something that cool...
I suppose they probably want to keep things portable. Grrrr. But imagine the level of graphics they could accomplish, and they wouldn't have to worry about what could fit on the card!

But se la ve, it won't happen. *sigh*

Heh heh, C'est la vie ! :p
I'd like to see what Final Fantasy VI could be on a Wii format. The graphics would obviously be something unbelievable, and they could add speech and dramatic cutscenes in high-quality.

They probably could then add more story that was originally cut.

It sucks when I dream too much. :(

Roogle
05-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Does anyone know what kind of content was lifted from the game? I always thought that Final Fantasy VI was one of the most complete games in the series.

FFVIFan
06-16-2008, 08:19 PM
It would be a good idea at the DS with all the stylus uses.. But I always thought that FFVI would look better on the PSP like FFI and FFII looked like. Also, im thinking that FFV will go to the DS and FFVI to the PSP. Lets talk about balance:

PSP:
FFI, FFII, FFVI

DS:
FFIII,FFIV,FFV