PDA

View Full Version : Perpetual ink.

Breine
05-03-2008, 05:26 PM
If you haven't already guessed it this thread is about tattoos. What's your opinion on them? Do you have any yourself? - if no, would you like one? - and if yes, feel free to post a pic so that we all can see, or just tell us about it :bigsmile:

I've kinda personally become more and more fascinated by them over the last couple of years. As of now I don't have any myself, but I think I'd like to get at least a smaller one some day, but I'm not entirely sure yet.

Sergeant Hartman
05-03-2008, 05:36 PM
I think they're alright, but I personally don't want to ruin my beautiful skin.

Cz
05-03-2008, 05:40 PM
I wouldn't mind getting a small tattoo, maybe on the upper arm. I don't think I'd ever go through with it though, if only because it'd look pretty stupid on me. :p

Quindiana Jones
05-03-2008, 05:45 PM
I'm getting one of my family crest and motto on my chest when I turn 18.

It'll be three ravens viewed from the side (maybe one standing, one taking off, one flying) with "spes melioris aevi" written underneath.

Old Manus
05-03-2008, 05:57 PM

It'll be three ravens viewed from the side (maybe one standing, one taking off, one flying) with "spes melioris aevi" written underneath.And there was me thinking you were gangster

Gogo
05-03-2008, 06:26 PM
I think a tatoo or 2 is alright depending what and where. But people who get way too many are kind of nasty. I feel kind of dirty even looking at them sometimes.

Roto13
05-03-2008, 06:42 PM
lol mutilation

rubah
05-03-2008, 06:45 PM
1) scared to death of needles
2) I don't really have any symbol that defines my life and I wouldn't be able to pick anything.

Jessweeee♪
05-03-2008, 06:47 PM
No way! Too permanent. I'd decide I wanted a different one later and that I didn't like the one I got. Maybe when they can be removed very easily.

Vermachtnis
05-03-2008, 06:47 PM
1) scared to death of needles

That and what if I change my mind. You can get them erased, but it's still there.

Bunny
05-03-2008, 07:00 PM
I personally don't care for them. The way my body is built makes it a not good place for tattoos.

Quindiana Jones
05-03-2008, 07:10 PM

It'll be three ravens viewed from the side (maybe one standing, one taking off, one flying) with "spes melioris aevi" written underneath.And there was me thinking you were gangster

The ravens are toting pistols and smacking bitches up.

Aerith's Knight
05-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Tattoos are so awsome, in 50 years, youll see grandma's with piercings and tattoos.. who doesnt want to see that? -_-

Tattoos are usually large and ugly, and i see no reason why you'd even take one.

Nominus Experse
05-03-2008, 09:39 PM
I want many... but I am poor.

Blue Harvest
05-03-2008, 09:44 PM
I want one but I hate needles ;_;

Old Manus
05-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Tattoos are so awsome, in 50 years, youll see grandma's with piercings and tattoos.. who doesnt want to see that? -_-Truth

In 50 years, tattoos will be associated with old people, and will fall out of fashion.

Quindiana Jones
05-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Old people are way cool.

Momiji
05-04-2008, 04:02 AM
I always thought small, inconspicuous ones looked interesting, but I'd never go through with it. I wouldn't do something I'd regret later on.

Leeza
05-04-2008, 04:31 AM
Tattoos are so awsome, in 50 years, youll see grandma's with piercings and tattoos.. who doesnt want to see that? -_-Truth

In 50 years, tattoos will be associated with old people, and will fall out of fashion.
I never thought of it that way before. :)

Tatoos might be fine for a few decades, but really....they look pretty bad on wrinkled skin. If anyone reads MAD magazine, you know the folding page on the back cover? What you see now isn't what you're going to get when you're sixty+. And with the way medical science is growing, you know that most of you will be living to ninety. :)

Quindiana Jones
05-04-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm gonna love it when I'm 80 and stretching my chest skin to show off my tattoo! I think it'll be hilarious!

Jess
05-04-2008, 02:37 PM
I got a tattoo the day before my 16th birthday - so like, 2 and half years ago. I don't regret it. I have a celtic moon and a star on my lower back. It's not that big, and it's coloured pink and purple.

duckie
05-05-2008, 01:53 PM
when you get old, they look really nasty. Like a tattoo of a naked lady when your 20 could look like a gremlin when your 60.

Peegee
05-05-2008, 08:19 PM
When I have spending money I'm getting one.

scrumpleberry
05-05-2008, 08:48 PM
I always thought small, inconspicuous ones looked interesting, but I'd never go through with it. I wouldn't do something I'd regret later on.

BUUT if I was going to I wouldn't mind

I got a tattoo the day before my 16th birthday - so like, 2 and half years ago. I don't regret it. I have a celtic moon and a star on my lower back. It's not that big, and it's coloured pink and purple.

that sort of thing

probs not lower back though.

Rye
05-05-2008, 08:52 PM
I would quite like a small tattoo of something unusual, like a card spade on my ankle. There's something about it that's really interesting to me. But I dunno if I will. My Mom would let me, but my Dad would probably kill me, so I'd have to wait.

Caraliz
05-08-2008, 03:45 AM
When I have spending money I'm getting one.

Miriel
05-08-2008, 08:30 AM
I would hate to be permanently stuck with something on my body. It's just so... permanent. Cut your hair, it grows back. Dye it, you can dye it back or to a new color. Gain weight, lose weight, pretty outfits, hipster outfits, professional outfits, etc. It's all so flexible. But not tattoos.

If there were tattoos that lasted for a few months, I'd probably experiment with some. But I feel like my tastes change waaaay too rapidly to have something so permanent done to my body. I bet that no matter what I got done and how much I liked it at the time, after a few months I would grow to loathe it.