PDA

View Full Version : Grocery Day is a very dangerous day

Vermachtnis
05-03-2008, 10:47 PM
We just finished grocery shopping. Not so much me as much as my dad. We're stocked up for at least two weeks now with canned food and pizzas and some other stuff that involves actual cooking that I'm not allowed to touch. How often do you go grocery shopping and what do you buy?

Sergeant Hartman
05-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Once a week, and the food is always all gone by the next day.

rubah
05-03-2008, 10:54 PM
I get groceries about once a week. My parents get groceries about once a week. I usually go on tuesday nights. My parents usually go on tuesday or wednesday mornings.

Do you see a connection? yes.

anyways, I only have to buy for myself whatever I want to eat in my dorm room, so it's usually microwave soups, carrots, apples, yogurt, chips, and anything besides water I want to drink.

smittenkitten
05-03-2008, 11:10 PM
I buy food. :)

Iceglow
05-03-2008, 11:20 PM
*pats Smitten on the head* Isn't that sweet dears?

I go grocery shopping whenever I need something, I've very rarely thought ahead of what I need and brought in advance normally because my sister likes to "borrow" my food and not put it back. Therefore I get only what I need/can eat in the next two days at a time out of habit that'll change however when I move out. I currently buy snacky stuff that I can prepare in a few minutes when I'm at home. When I'm over the girlfriends I tend to buy proper meal stuff like the ingredients for pasta dishes/spicy chilli ect ect and prepare full meals.

Jessweeee♪
05-03-2008, 11:48 PM
My mom goes once a week :p

I always eat all of the good stuff in five days. Cookies in one and a half. She doesn't by cookies anymore.

Blue Harvest
05-04-2008, 12:03 AM
I do my shopping once a week. I buy stuff to last me the next week (I have to buy my own food because my mother is a mean old witch) except I usually get something that lasts less than a day. Recently that's been pringles and oreos.

Tallulah
05-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Hmm, once or twice a week, depending on the money situation...

I live less than a quarter of a mile from the nearest supermarket, but now I'm moving, it's going to be more difficult. Hrmm... :confused:

DMKA
05-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Never. I just eat out every meal. It's turning me into a fatass. =/

Jowy
05-04-2008, 12:33 AM
bagel bites, mountain dew, ben and jerry's and paper plates.

*edit* WOW DMKA HAS THE BEST SIGNATURE EVER.

Roogle
05-04-2008, 02:22 AM
I buy several hundred dollars worth of groceries for myself and one other person every two weeks.

Miriel
05-04-2008, 02:25 AM
Roogle. What the hell? Are you serious?

Aerith's Knight
05-04-2008, 03:00 AM
meat, patatoes, fries, vegetables, pasta, rice, bread, ice cream, PB, Juice, eggs, hotdogs, mustard and ketchup..

thats about it.. you have breakfast, lunch and dinner mixed in those..

Citizen Bleys
05-04-2008, 03:14 AM
Does ordering Chinese count as grocery shopping?

EDIT: I don't mean Chinese food. I'm blackmailing PG to procure groceries.

Namelessfengir
05-04-2008, 03:15 AM
My mom goes once a week :p

I always eat all of the Cookies. She doesn't by cookies anymore.

we just make the cookies ( i was somehow able to make chocolate chip seem like professional quality, though im not quite sure how)

thats quite common we blew 85 last night on half a cart. are you using your coupons?

Momiji
05-04-2008, 03:49 AM
bagel bites, mountain dew, ben and jerry's and paper plates.

He's only had that sig for what, 3 years now? :p

Anyway, I go shopping with my dad every two weeks and we stock up on really unhealthy frozen foods (mainly him) and I stock up on more healthy stuff.

Xaven
05-04-2008, 09:00 AM
I subsist on vending machine food. I do buy things at grocery stores sometimes, but just small/individual things. My parents don't let me do my own grocery shopping. -__- Oh well.

/hand-waves
Welcome to 2004. I think. <3

Zeldy
05-04-2008, 08:37 PM
My parents do 'the big shop' every week, but sometimes go half way through a week for things they need or have run out off. It's usually £60-£70 a week, for them, I don't buy a thing ;D

Breine
05-04-2008, 09:02 PM
I still live at home so my parents usually do the shopping, but I sometimes tag along if there's something specific I want, or if I don't have anything better to do. I usually put lots of fruits and vegetables in the cart when tagging along, since they in my opinion don't buy enough of those by themselves.

Jowy
05-05-2008, 12:04 AM
I didn't post here in 2004, I lived under a rock with an inactive account.

rubah
05-05-2008, 12:34 AM
2005 also

Jowy
05-05-2008, 12:44 AM
We'll just chalk my unofficial start date up at September 2006

Chemical
05-05-2008, 03:22 AM
Usually once every two weeks for a big run costing up in the hundreds (for two people)
Or every other day for a few items

Here's our (mine and PGs) last grocery item list:

Eggo Cinnamin Waffles
Chedder & Potatoe Frozen Perogies
Fozen Fruit Salad Mix
Shoestring French Fries
Maple Smoked Salmon
Tuna Steaks
Steelhead Filets
Cavendish Hashbrown Patties
Swiss Cheese
Soy Margarine
Red Curry Base
Ground Columbian Coffee
12 pack of Astro Smooth Yogurt
Frozen Japanese Vegetable Mix
Frozen Asian Vegetable Mix
Sweet Roasted Red Peppers
Kidney Beans
Korma Sauce
Vegetable Broth
Coconut Milk
Peanut Butter
Whole Wheat Rotini Pasta
Whole Wheat Speghetti
Whote Whear Bow Tie Pasta
Wheat Crackers
Turkey Breast Deli Sices
Cream of Mushroom Soup
Honey
Dill & Lemon Flaked Tuna
Tomato & Basil Flaked Tuna
Garlic Lover's Pasta Sauce
Whole Chicken
Flaked Salmon
Chick Peas
BBQ Top Sirloin Steaks
Sausages
Chicken Breast
Stewed Tomatoes
Cedar Grilling Plank
Cranberry & Oats Post Cereal
Sweet Onion
Kitchen Cutters
Old Mill Bagels
Garlic
Fine Sugar
Vlasic Dill Pickles
Garden Dill Marinade
Chick Breast Deli Slices
Feta
Lemons
Orange Pepper
Green Peppers
Kraft BBQ Sauce
Button Mushrooms
Sunflower Flax Whole Wheat Bread
Naan Bread
Strawberry Cream Cheese
Limes
Mixed Greek Olives
Tomato & Basil Havarti
Quaker's Variety Pack Oatmeal
Carrot Muffins
Mini Red Potatoes
Corn on the Cob
Grapefruit
Granny Smith Apples
Bananas
Green Beans
Green Zuchini
Navel Oranges
Seedless Watermelon
Turkey Breast Slices
Avacados
Rosemarry Focaccia
Friskies Cat Food
10lb Bag of Yukon Gold Potatoes
Rice
Strawberries
Almonds
Eggs
Ziploc Freezer Bags
Composting Bags
Paper Towels
Toilet Paper

that's about it basically

Peegee
05-05-2008, 03:35 AM
You asked me for the receipt for that reason? Where's my money :mad2:

Xaven
05-05-2008, 04:16 AM
How do two people eat that much in two weeks? Tell me your secrets. D:

Peegee
05-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Half of us are Asian and the other half loves to cook. I only have an interest in cooking.

Calliope
08-03-2008, 10:47 AM
This weeks' grocery bill was $70, and consisted of the following:

A)
Vegetable Stock
Sultanas
Coriander
Chilli
Almonds
Walnuts
Margarine
Maple Syrup
Oat Bran
Brewer's Yeast

B)
Apples
Carrots
Celery
Potatoes
Onions
Bananas
Broccoli
Mushrooms
Lemons
A Capsicum
Hummus
Soy Milk

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/Calliope/food.jpg

So far I've turned the groceries into bran muffins, carrot cupcakes, and shepherd's pie. All the stuff on list A will last between a fortnight and a month. All the stuff on list B will be gone by the end of the week. My pantry is getting to the stage where it has things in it again (i.e. Before The Secret Invasion).

CimminyCricket
08-03-2008, 10:54 AM
I don't have a fridge to put groceries in D:

Rye
08-03-2008, 12:41 PM
I never had to do my own groceries so far. I suspect I wouldn't really need to buy much though. I'm actually not so heavy of an eater. I like cereal and sammiches and salad. Mmmm chicken! I'm a picky eater so I like eating just about the same things, with only a little bit of variety, like eating pizza one night or getting a chicken salad from Wendy's one night.

Quindiana Jones
08-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Vimto. Once a week.

Oh, and I go with my dad once a week for other stuff. But it's always the unimportant stuff like food and toilet paper and that.

Momiji
08-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Didn't we have a thread like this not too long ago?

EDIT: Oh, right. This was that thread. I wondered why this looked so familiar. :p

Tallulah
08-03-2008, 05:20 PM
I now internet shop at Tesco or Asda.

Should get some done today sometime.

Randgris
08-03-2008, 05:36 PM
On Sundays, my mom takes me (or my brother) to the market to buy fresh food.

Yar
08-03-2008, 05:58 PM
When my dad was an insurance agent he got paid once a month, so we went once a month.

It sucked! We'd spend 3 hours at the store and another hour unpacking! :mad2:

Caraliz
08-03-2008, 08:51 PM
We go every so often, about 2-5 days and spend around 20-50 dollars at walmart. Lately it's been on the 20 side so we don't have much food atm. Not like I want any, but hey. Bert eats most of it as I can ignore my stomach for awhile but it's usually not by choice. I'm just doing something interesting, I guess and it slips my mind until I'm like oh fuck I haven't eaten all day!

Roogle
08-03-2008, 09:00 PM

Yes, but I do not pay several hundred dollars for groceries every two weeks. The actual rate of what I pay is between $150.00 - $190.00 per two week period. $300.00 per month for food for two people is not too bad considering that I eat very well. My favorite type of food is seafood.

Shlup
08-03-2008, 10:37 PM
BJ and I spend about $150 a month on groceries. We mostly get rice and veggies and fruits and meats and juices. By the end of the month we're living off of spaghetti and water. We need to go grocery shopping today, actually.

Iceglow
08-04-2008, 12:45 AM
You know, the funny thing about my last post in this thread, now I've moved in to the girlfriends and am living where I can keep food in the fridge/freezer/cupboards without it being "borrowed" by my sister, I don't. I tend to work different days to my girl so we're rarely at home (apart from late night and early morning together) at the same time, therefore with my hatred of cooking for just me and lack of desire to eat alone combined with our rare days off together means I just don't eat at home a whole lot, I tend to eat at work a lunch and nothing else for the rest of the day.

Meow
08-04-2008, 08:36 AM
grocery shopping is a wild card for me because I inevitably end up next to the heat lamps helplessly eyeing the rotisserie chickens

Caraliz
08-04-2008, 08:38 AM
grocery shopping is a wild card for me because I inevitably end up next to the heat lamps scoping out the rotisserie chickens
Hot. They just talked about rotisserie chickens on television. Apparently they are in a chinese walmart.

Meow
08-04-2008, 08:43 AM
ninja edit decimated

DMKA
08-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Once a week. I buy bottled water and Ramen.

mooglebunni608
08-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Lately my sister has pressured my mommy into going grocery shopping almost twice a week. It's a real pain, because that's a lot of money and it's adding to my anxiety. I used to actually look forward to the days when mom would say 'Let's go to the STORE', once or twice every two weeks, but now it's a dreaded statement.
T_T