PDA

View Full Version : blistered :( (a thread about long hair)

rubah
05-04-2008, 05:35 AM
always use good pliers when removing rolls of hair from your rolling chairs, vacuum rollers, etc, kids.

Otherwise, crappy pliers like stu's will give you a blister.

It's helpful to listen to Eve 6 while doing hair removal, and if you're as good as I can, you can get about a cubic decimeter worth in an hour. (uncompressed).

anyone else with long hair know what I'm talking about here? You do, because your hair gets stuck in your buttcrack when you shower just like mine does >:[ (or at least ONE person's does, because she told me so!)

fire_of_avalon
05-04-2008, 05:37 AM
I cut all my hair off at Thanksgiving. I haven't experienced this in a while.

Roto13
05-04-2008, 05:40 AM
You do, because your hair gets stuck in your buttcrack when you shower just like mine does >:[

Oh god, someone is actually talking about it. I remember that happening when I had long hair. I'd find a strand or two in there and I've be like "... What?"

Leeza
05-04-2008, 05:46 AM
I don't think I've ever experienced the buttcrack thing, but everything else... yes. I don't use pliers though. I use scissors. Much quicker. :)

rubah
05-04-2008, 05:47 AM
how long was your hair when it was long, roto?

Leeza, I used scissors to make the initial cut around the wheel, but that doesn't get the hair out, so I had to resort to a pulling device.

Roto13
05-04-2008, 05:48 AM
It was like half way down my back. I think there are still a couple of pictures in the album, maybe. They're from a year before I cut it off.

I don't have an exact measurement. :P I never once measured it.

Leeza
05-04-2008, 05:53 AM
After using the scissors I usually just pull the rest out with my fingers. Seems to work for me...so far. I try to keep those sort of things cleaned regularly so that they're easier to clean. Hair is super strong though so sometimes I do have to pull hard.

rubah
05-04-2008, 05:57 AM
yeah this is kinda the culmination of about 9 months of rolling chair xD also I can't actually get my fingers in there x.x;; there's a little space between the wheel and the axle that's like tiny, and that's where all the hair is xD

This is my expression when I see how much hair is under there
http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/mes/hair-cleaner.jpg

How should I treat my blister to make it happy and leave me soon?

Jessweeee♪
05-04-2008, 06:30 AM
I don't vacuum my room often, so on that rare occasion that I do, I have to stop every once in awhile to cut my hair out ;_;

I just snip snip with the scissors and pull.

Someone put gum on the back of a chair, expecting some guy to get it stuck on the back of his shirt, BUT IT WAS MY HAIR THAT TOUCHED THAT CHAIR D:

Vermachtnis
05-04-2008, 06:37 AM
You guys are lucky you can grow your hair long. My just gets thick.

Takara
05-04-2008, 08:40 AM
You do, because your hair gets stuck in your buttcrack when you shower just like mine does >:[ (or at least ONE person's does, because she told me so!)

HAH! I'm not alone in the world!

Breine
05-04-2008, 08:57 AM
You do, because your hair gets stuck in your buttcrack when you shower just like mine does >:[

Oh god, someone is actually talking about it. I remember that happening when I had long hair. I'd find a strand or two in there and I've be like "... What?"

Haha, yes I now the feeling xD Quite disturbing the first time around, but you get used to it I guess.

Tasura
05-04-2008, 08:58 AM
I shed like an animal, beard and hair, so I tend to find clumps up shed hair all over my room in the corners and such. And when I comb my hair even more comes out, there was enough to half fill a soup can when compressed.

Rye
05-04-2008, 11:50 AM
When my hair was nearly down to my waist, the butt crack thing happened to me too. xD It was so weird. I thought I was the only one. My hair is pretty short now (medium length really, but I'm so used to long hair that anything that doesn't go past my breast is WHOA SHORT) so I don't experience the long hair things much anymore.

Captain Maxx Power
05-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Wait hang on, are we talking about pubic hair or head hair? Cause if you read the above posts it could be either.

Sergeant Hartman
05-04-2008, 12:38 PM
I am also confused by this thread.

KentaRawr!
05-04-2008, 12:50 PM
My hair's long, but goodness, not that long!

Raebus
05-04-2008, 12:51 PM
It does get pretty long, it goes to my feet.

Wait, which hair are we talking about?

Tallulah
05-04-2008, 02:30 PM
I have no intention of letting my hair that long. As soon as it passes my neck it gets straggly.

Jess
05-04-2008, 02:44 PM
We hoover the house like every 2-3 days, so I don't find my hair everywhere.

It's my dogs hair that is the problem! He is white, so if you wear black he likes to cover you in white hair. :mad2:

Jessweeee♪
05-04-2008, 04:39 PM
The hair on your head ;_;

I am amazed by how much hair falls off of my head when I mop and sweep and vaccuum. Makes me wonder how I'm not bald D:

rubah
05-04-2008, 06:32 PM
it's worse when you take a shower and come out of it with two handfuls of hairs that you saved from the drain :|

(unless you don't save them from teh drain, then fast forward six months to when the drain is stopped up and you have to use a plumbing snake to removing several feet of nasty grimy hair that smells so horrible that you have to take it in a tub outside and then go throw up. )

true plumbing snake story; our toilet was clogged one time so they got the snake out (it's kinda got like a handle on it you turn and I guess it goes into the pipes in your toilet to bring things out x.x;) and there were definitely at least two mcdonalds toys that came out of the deal -.-

~*~Celes~*~
05-04-2008, 06:48 PM
I get the hair in my butt thing too...my hair's about mid-back length D=

I haven't checked the wheels on my chair, but I DO shed a lot of hair, so I should probably do that...

Tallulah
05-04-2008, 06:54 PM
(unless you don't save them from teh drain, then fast forward six months to when the drain is stopped up and you have to use a plumbing snake to removing several feet of nasty grimy hair that smells so horrible that you have to take it in a tub outside and then go throw up. )

That's happened to me a couple of times, and I nearly did throw up last time, whilst brushing my teeth. :(

edczxcvbnm
05-05-2008, 06:25 AM
Um oksy.xD I've had past waist-long hair and my hair is currently at my waist. The butt crack thing does not happen to me. xD

I shed everywhere, though ._. So annoying to clean, and so icky.

- jojee

rubah
05-05-2008, 06:29 AM
your waist is also a lot closer to your head than most people's 8)

edczxcvbnm
05-05-2008, 06:32 AM
Whst does that have ot do with anything!!

My butt is a lot closer to my waist too! xD

Edit: oh gawd I'm typoing everywhere. I swear i'm not drunk anymore.

Raebus
05-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Use your own account. >=(

duckie
05-05-2008, 01:32 PM
You do, because your hair gets stuck in your buttcrack when you shower just like mine does >:[ (or at least ONE person's does, because she told me so!)

Yeah it happens. I am not ashamed!!!
*cries silently*

Momiji
05-05-2008, 05:54 PM
I never realized that this was such a prominent issue among girls. D:

scrumpleberry
05-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Ew. First thing I thought when I read the 1st post was tmi. Much much tmi. I never realised it was such a common thing! That's never happened to me. Worst that happens with my hair is that it gets wrapped around my fingers/pens/pencils and doesn't come off. *checks chair* Nope, no hair in there. I guess I just don't shed much. It's only shoulder length now but it's been much much longer in the past.

duckie
05-05-2008, 06:52 PM
I think a lot of it depends on how strong your hair is. Like people with really strong hair probably won't have that issue. My hair, which is weak, breaks a lot and I get split ends really easy. I also shed like a friggin dog.

KentaRawr!
05-05-2008, 07:07 PM
How does one go about getting strong hair?

BardTard
05-05-2008, 10:24 PM
My hair is about medium length, it doesn't even come down to my boobs (unless I straighten it), and the buttcrack thing is annoying! I don't wanna cut my hair though because I want long hair. My hair sheds too much. I'm surprised I'm not completely bald at this point cus it gets EVERYWHERE. :(