PDA

View Full Version : A-Chuuuu!

Rye
05-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Do you have allergies? What medicine do you take for it?

I never used to have allergies, but now I've developed some in the past few years, so now I have them in the spring/early summer, and I can't stop sneezing. ;____;

I take Claritin. I need to get a new prescription of it.

Momiji
05-05-2008, 05:15 PM
I have allergies, but I don't know exactly to what. I just know I wake up miserable, with a runny nose and itchy eyes, and then I feel okay later on.

rubah
05-05-2008, 05:21 PM
I don't know what I have right now, but it is not allergies :cry:

I took claritin for about a week this spring, adn I think it might've helped but I dont' have the patience to take it the whole season like you're supposed to, so usually I'm stuck with a benadryl right before bedtime.

Miss_Lulu
05-05-2008, 05:23 PM
i have hardcore allergies. i have them all year round. :(
i take zyrtec though. and it helps most of the time, but the doctor said they might be adding another medicine on to it. not taking the zyrtec away and giving me something else, no they want me to take the zyrtec and something else together, at the same time. D=

Roogle
05-05-2008, 06:04 PM
I have moderate to severe allergies. I have a special prescription for CLARINEX-D. It is a large pill that I take once every twenty four hours, but it's much better than Zyrtec or its competitors. Did you hear that Zyrtec is now available over the counter? I wonder if they made a lot of money from that.

Tavrobel
05-05-2008, 06:06 PM
I used to have bad allergies to the pollen after I moved. Now, not so much.

Jess
05-05-2008, 06:10 PM
I'll quote myself from the last allergy thread:

Oh, allergies. Why do you do this to me? :(

Hayfever - Rapeseed and grass in particular. Sneezing, watery eyes and itchy eyes are the worst. It comes in bouts, really - one year I'll have it really really bad and the next it won't be so bad and then the next it'll hardly be there at all! I have some prescription drugs which help a ton - I used to buy the ones from a shop but they didn't help me at all.

Certain fruits and vegetables - There is something in certain fruit and veg that makes my throat itch and swell like crazy. Eeek. I just try to avoid the ones that do this, or eat very little of them.

Mosquitoe bites - Itchyness, swelling, pussing for days. It's gross and drives me insane. Lots of insect repellent for me on summer nights.

Certain metals - I don't buy any jewellery anymore that isn't silver, stainless steel or white gold.etc because some other metals make me come out in hives and itch me like mad. I don't know what ones in particular, though.

Chlorine and sun - A weird allergy. If I swim in the pool on a sunny holiday I have to have a full shower afterwards before going back to sunbathing/sitting in the sun. I can't just rinse off. I have to get all the chlorine out of my hair and bikini because otherwise when I go back to sunbathing it will make me come up in hives/a rash wherever my clothes/hair is resting. :(
Allergies. I hate. :(

Parker
05-05-2008, 06:11 PM
My hayfever is not as bad as it used to be but I'm developing a cat allergy instead :(

I love cats :(

Rye
05-05-2008, 06:18 PM
I'll quote myself from the last allergy thread:

Oh, allergies. Why do you do this to me? :(

Hayfever - Rapeseed and grass in particular. Sneezing, watery eyes and itchy eyes are the worst. It comes in bouts, really - one year I'll have it really really bad and the next it won't be so bad and then the next it'll hardly be there at all! I have some prescription drugs which help a ton - I used to buy the ones from a shop but they didn't help me at all.

Certain fruits and vegetables - There is something in certain fruit and veg that makes my throat itch and swell like crazy. Eeek. I just try to avoid the ones that do this, or eat very little of them.

Mosquitoe bites - Itchyness, swelling, pussing for days. It's gross and drives me insane. Lots of insect repellent for me on summer nights.

Certain metals - I don't buy any jewellery anymore that isn't silver, stainless steel or white gold.etc because some other metals make me come out in hives and itch me like mad. I don't know what ones in particular, though.

Chlorine and sun - A weird allergy. If I swim in the pool on a sunny holiday I have to have a full shower afterwards before going back to sunbathing/sitting in the sun. I can't just rinse off. I have to get all the chlorine out of my hair and bikini because otherwise when I go back to sunbathing it will make me come up in hives/a rash wherever my clothes/hair is resting. :(
Allergies. I hate. :(

I have that with certain metals too, especially fake kind of metals in earrings.

Heath
05-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Cats, hay, pollen, mould and dust cause particular irritation to me. Luckily I have some antihistamines to keep them under control most of the time.

scrumpleberry
05-05-2008, 06:34 PM
NO ALLERGIES :bigsmile:

I haven't been in hospital for myself since I was born. I haven't been seriously ill in about 10 years.

CONSTITUTION, ILU, NEVAH FAIL ME :love:

I feel so sorry for all you guys with allergies, it must be horrible :(. I expect something will turn up for me one day though.

:cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

Zeldy
05-05-2008, 06:41 PM
I don't have any allergies at all, I always feels really bad for those who do though, some of my friends suffer from it really bad. We had to sleep in a tent on Duke of Edinburgh, but the field where we had to sleep was covered in crops and plants and things, so my friend's (even though she overdosed heavily on allergy tablets) eyes swelled terribly, she literally had slits for eyes. We helped her see the funny side, though, by calling her a mutant the whole night xD

Ace14
05-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Luckily I don't have allergies but my mom and brother do, they always sneeze like crazy because of pollen and me and my sister always rub it in that we don't have em and they do.

duckie
05-05-2008, 06:58 PM
I think I have cat allergies. They make me sneeze like crazy. It's amazing that one human body can produce that much mucus and snot. (sorry if that was tmi)

Dolentrean
05-05-2008, 07:02 PM
allergies are made of suck and fail :cry: also that is not even me crying! MY EYES ARE JUST TO WATERY!

Peegee
05-05-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm not broken. Apples and pears hurt my throat but I'm telling you it's not allergies I've had apples for well over twenty years (gets all indignant)

Vermachtnis
05-05-2008, 07:09 PM
I don't have allergies, but I just got done mowing and I ran over a bunck of dandelions and sneezed for about five minutes straight. It was worth it to see the white stuff fly around though xD

duckie
05-05-2008, 07:10 PM
allergies are made of suck and fail!
LOL
and snips and snails and puppy dog tails....
sorry couldn't help myself.
BTW- that is from an old nursery rhyme....just in case anyone didn't know :p

rubah
05-05-2008, 07:10 PM
careful duckie! one post is enough 8)

duckie
05-05-2008, 07:11 PM
ya sorry my computer was being retarded

Breine
05-05-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm slightly allergic to pool animals.. No joke :eep:

Vermachtnis
05-05-2008, 07:20 PM

You mean like Sea lions?

Evastio
05-05-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm not allergic to anything (that I know of).

Breine
05-05-2008, 10:14 PM

You mean like Sea lions?

Hah, no silly :P The inflatable type.

Lawr
05-05-2008, 10:15 PM
I'm not allergic to anything at the moment.

scrumpleberry
05-05-2008, 10:18 PM

You mean like Sea lions?

Is that the materials? Must be.

Breine
05-05-2008, 10:21 PM

You mean like Sea lions?

Is that the materials? Must be.

I guess so. I think I'm allergic to some kind of rubber or something, which has lead to many jokes about condoms (..and no, I'm not allergic to condoms! :P)

duckie
05-06-2008, 12:55 PM
I guess so. I think I'm allergic to some kind of rubber or something, which has lead to many jokes about condoms (..and no, I'm not allergic to condoms! :P)
That would be hilarious/unfortunate. :upsidedow

Gogo
05-06-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm allergic to sunlight.

Blue Harvest
05-06-2008, 03:20 PM
I'm allergic to stupid people.

scrumpleberry
05-06-2008, 07:40 PM

What the hell are you doing here?

duckie
05-06-2008, 07:49 PM

What the hell are you doing here?
Oh snap! lol :)

Cloudane
05-07-2008, 12:12 AM
My hayfever is not as bad as it used to be but I'm developing a cat allergy instead :(

I love cats :(

This, word for word :(

I take Cetirizine dihydrocholride based tablets when it's the peak of pollen counts or when staying with catty friends.

Captain Maxx Power
05-07-2008, 12:32 AM
I'm allergic to pretty much anything. I rarely take anything though, I just suffer through it.

~*~Celes~*~
05-07-2008, 03:47 AM
Not sure what I'm allergic to, but I take Claritin or Benadryl. Benadryl makes me sleep like a rock xD