PDA

View Full Version : Classic wish list

Flying Mullet
05-05-2008, 05:28 PM
What classic(PSOne/N64 generation and older for this thread) games are on your wish list? They don't have to be games you plan on buying on eBay or such in the new future. Just classic games that you wish you had that aren't easy to find in used video games stores anymore.

I was reminiscing about Soul Blazer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_Blazer) for the SNES the other day and wishing I had it.

I Don't Need A Name
05-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Vandal Hearts & Vagrent Story wouldnt go amiss for me
Also Resident Evil 1 & 2 & MGS. never bought them, only borrowed

Momiji
05-05-2008, 05:41 PM
I'd kind of like to have Chrono Trigger for the SNES, and not the lousy PS port. That's all when it comes to older games, though.

Roogle
05-05-2008, 06:01 PM
I wish I had bought Valkyrie Profile when it was newly released and played the game rather than having to play it years later.

Karellen
05-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Vivisteiner
05-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Xenogears, the Chrono stuff, Vagrant Story

NeoCracker
05-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Soul Blazer was Kind of Lame, get Illusions of Gaia instead.

But for me, Brigandine: Legend of Forsenia.

Nothing beats The Mad King Dryst. He crazy.

Flying Mullet
05-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Soul Blazer was Kind of Lame, get Illusions of Gaia instead.
I already have that. I want Soul Blazer too. :p

Pete for President
05-05-2008, 06:44 PM
MGS and Tenchu 1 and 2.

Roto13
05-05-2008, 06:48 PM
I'm still hoping (though it'll never happen) for a Virtual Console release of Legend of Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon or Goemon's Great Adventure for the N64.

Momiji
05-05-2008, 06:50 PM
I'm still hoping (though it'll never happen) for a Virtual Console release of Legend of Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon or Goemon's Great Adventure for the N64.

I thought you said you wanted Cho Aniki?

Vermachtnis
05-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Megaman Legends 2 for me. I finally found a copy once, but it was bad. And Tales of Destiny.

Umm, why would someone want Cho Aniki :p

Roto13
05-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Because it's the best thing ever, that's why. :P

Dreddz
05-05-2008, 07:35 PM
There are too many Neo Geo games I'd wish to have yet all are way, WAY too expensive. Owning Samurai Showdown II has been a long dream of mine.

Alucard von Elru
05-05-2008, 09:40 PM
For the PS1, I really need to buy Elemental Gearbolt, Valkyrie Profile, and Suikoden II. I haven't played EGB, and I stupidly got rid of the latter two to afford Xenogears many moons ago (important note: I do NOT regret getting Xenogears, I just regret that particular method of doing so).

There's plenty of SNES games I still need to pick up, but probably the biggest are Secret of Mana, and I need to import Terranigma. And EarthBound.

Oh, and I still need Dragon Force for the Saturn. There's always more, but that's enough for now. :P

EDIT: @Karellen: PDS will change your life. It will also make you an elitist prick. <3 The game is awesome, and is sooo worth the hefty price tag.

Flying Mullet
05-05-2008, 09:45 PM
For the PS1, I really need to buy Elemental Gearbolt, Valkyrie Profile, and Suikoden II. I haven't played EGB, and I stupidly got rid of the latter two to afford Xenogears many moons ago (important note: I do NOT regret getting Xenogears, I just regret that particular method of doing so).
You worried me until you put that note at the end. :p

Breine
05-05-2008, 10:41 PM
I've been looking for a copy of both Vagrant Story and Alundra for ages now, but I haven't been able to find them. Also, the original Tomb Raider - although I've completed the game many times I've never owned the actual game myself.. I've always borrowed it from a friend. It'd be nice to have my own copy.

Little Al
05-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Eh, looking for a copy of Final Fantasy VII, and I am planning on getting FF numero ocho too. (the former is harder to find though.)

Plus I'm hoping that Nintendo will bring Fire Emblems Gaiden, Geneology of the Holy War, and Thracia 776 to the virtual console.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My list will grow soon though.

I Took the Red Pill
05-05-2008, 11:47 PM
I wish my copy of Poy Poy was still playable.

Nifleheim7
05-06-2008, 02:04 AM
Legend of Dragoon
Grandia
Alundra
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Star Ocean:Second Story

Wolf Kanno
05-06-2008, 03:20 AM
Lord... too many to say really.

Suikoden II (Only Suikoden I'm missing :cry:)
Super Mario RPG
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario World 2
Samurai Shodown II and III
Darkstalkers 3
Elemental Gearbolt
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Secret of Evermore
Wild ARMS 2nd Ignition (lent it to a friend and he disappeared with it the SOB :mad2:)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Mario Kart 64 (and my own N64)
Mario 64
Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time
Phantasy Star Series
Front Mission 3
Dragon Quest II-IV as well as a working NES
Contra
Star Tropics
Robotrek
Blaster Master
Metroid
Castlevania III
Nights: Into Dreams
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Shining Force series
Magic Nights Rayearth
Sonic R
Crystalis
Radical Dreamers
7th Saga
Star Fox

...all I can think of now... Im actually a collector so I do look around for some things though I need a few game systems as well.

Nifleheim7
05-06-2008, 03:58 AM
Suikoden II
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time
Front Mission 3
Dragon Quest II-IV
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Shining Force series

Those as well!!:D

DMKA
05-06-2008, 04:11 AM
The Sailor Moon fighting game for SNES.

Bunny
05-06-2008, 05:02 AM
NES
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Pool of Radiance
The Bard's Tale
Destiny of an Emperor
River City Ransom
StarTropics
Swords and Serpants
Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord
Wizardry II: The Knight of Diamonds
Wizardry III: Legacy of Llylgamyn

SNES
7th Saga
Arcana
Brain Lord
Breath of Fire 1 and 2
Chrono Trigger
Eye of the Beholder
Final Fantasy 4 and 6
Illusion of Gaia
Lufia 1 and 2
Robotrek
Rock 'n Roll Racing
Secret of the Stars
Terranigma
Wizardry V: Heart of the Maelstrom

PSX
Valkyrie Profile
Suikoden II (My copy was all messed up when I bought it, still works but I'm paranoid)

The list is trimmed down A LOT and mostly for collective purposes but there ya go.

tailz
05-06-2008, 10:54 AM
i know its after the ps1 n64 era but sonic adventure 2 for the dreamcast is still on my wish list actually.

and as for older
biohazard batlle for the sega
megaman 1 for the nes
warrior of rome II for the sega

Big D
05-06-2008, 11:53 AM
I'd like to get hold of a couple of PS1 titles: Final Fantasy Origins, and Worms: Armageddon or World Party. I've learned, though, but when there's something in particular that you're looking for, it'll be damn hard to find. There are plenty of PS1 games kicking around the second-hand stores, but none of the ones I'm looking for.

Same goes for a couple of older PS2 games I've been trying to get my hands on, without success.

Fire_Emblem776
05-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Chocobo racing ^_^

Madame Adequate
05-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Suikoden and Front Mission 3 come to mind. Could stand to have a copy of Alundra as well, but that's not topping any lists.

Krelian
05-06-2008, 08:57 PM
The most important things that come to my mind right now are Panzer Dragoon Saga for Saturn, Chrono Cross for PS1 and Chrono Trigger for SNES. There's more, though.

Little Al
05-06-2008, 08:58 PM
i know its after the ps1 n64 era but sonic adventure 2 for the dreamcast is still on my wish list actually.

and as for older
megaman 1 for the nes
warrior of rome II for the segaIf you're lucky, you could get the Gamecube version. (Assuming you have either a Gamecube or a Wii to play it.)

tailz
05-06-2008, 10:50 PM

and as for older
megaman 1 for the nes
warrior of rome II for the segaIf you're lucky, you could get the Gamecube version. (Assuming you have either a Gamecube or a Wii to play it.)

i know the gamecube version is a posibility but the dreamcast version is better, les instant death glitches (sonic games suffer a lot from these) and so on.

but it seems liek the gc version is becoming my last change.

they should just rerelease it for the ps2 i know a lot of people who would be verry happy if that happend

Roto13
05-06-2008, 11:10 PM
The Game Cube version isn't any buggier than the DC version as far as I know. The instant death parts aren't glitches, they're bad game design. :P

Araciel
05-06-2008, 11:14 PM
I have emulated all but one game from that era that I wanted, and that game I bought from eBAY for 10 bucks. (jumping flash! 2)

tailz
05-07-2008, 09:46 AM
The Game Cube version isn't any buggier than the DC version as far as I know. The instant death parts aren't glitches, they're bad game design. :P

true :) you'd think they would learn from they're mistakes. and from sonic adventure to sonic the hedgehog '06 they still make the same mistakes.

hope they fix it with sonic unleashed.

Wolf Kanno
05-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Not all franchises were meant to be in 3D (Sonic, Castlevania, Mega Man, Street Fighter...) course I never really felt that 3D was actually an improvement in gaming.:rolleyes2

tailz
05-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Not all franchises were meant to be in 3D (Sonic, Castlevania, Mega Man, Street Fighter...) course I never really felt that 3D was actually an improvement in gaming.:rolleyes2

I think sonic adventure and adventure 2 proved it was posible for sonic to go 3D those games where verry good. even sonic heroes was enjoyable (4 teams same levels is what destroyed the game)

hhm wel i found another game on my wishlist.

donkey kong country 2 diddie kong's quest snes version

Proxy
05-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Vandal Hearts, Breath of Fire III, Suikoden II, III
BoF I & II, Super Mario RPG

Ah man...I miss those games. I sold them for some buggered up reason.

Krelian
05-08-2008, 08:41 PM

I think sonic adventure and adventure 2 proved it was posible for sonic to go 3D those games where verry good. even sonic heroes was enjoyable (4 teams same levels is what destroyed the game)
I agree. Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 were good games in my opinion. Every other 3D Sonic after that was crap though. The rest of the games belong in that list...

Vermachtnis
05-08-2008, 09:33 PM

I agree. Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 were good games in my opinion. Every other 3D Sonic after that was crap though. The rest of the games belong in that list...

Megaman Legends was one of the better Megaman games in my opinion. I thought it was one of the better departures into 3D, only behind Zelda and Mario. But of course, there is X7 :mad: That proves without a shadow of doubt the classic formula should stay the same.

Wolf Kanno
05-08-2008, 09:33 PM
I never had a chance to play much of SA. Its on my list as I do love Sonic but its only fault I remember people saying it had besides a bad camera on some levels is the fact that people wanted to play as Sonic going through the speed levels... Not Tails and the robot platforming, the fishing, the Knuckles platforming... Course I can't say how I feel cause I never played the game but stories of Heroes, Riders, and the recent next-gen Sonics are filled with horror stories that have tarnished the reputation of 3D Sonic Games. Yet, Sonic Advance and Rush garners great reviews from even people who never liked Sonic Games mostly cause thesy stick to the basics.

Most 3D Castlevania's have never been able to transfer over the "Metroidvania" style but I feel it has to do with the fact that 2D can get away with some things that 3D can't and in trying to fix these issues when making it 3D it destroys the classic elelments that made the games beloved in the first place. 3D Castlevania games are less about exploring an intricate castle than introducing a retarded battle system so you can fight hords of dumb ass AI so you can get to the doorway to the next room where you do it all over.

Mega Man Legends is an exception but its not a traditional MM game. Rather it was built around the concept of being in 3D. Vermachtnis beat me to it but if you want to know what a 3D Mega Man game feels like? Play the atrocious X7 where you spend 90% of the game fighting the camera so you can do things that were fairly simple to pull off in the original 2D games. The game is frustrating for all the wrong reasons.

Metroid Prime is another exception but I feel the series kinda split the fanbase. I still find people clamoring for a "true" 3D Metroid experience rather than playing a FPS.

Lionx
05-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Klonoa: Moonlight Museum
Klonoa: Beach Volleyball
Tail Concerto
Bloody Roar
Willow
River City Ransom
TMNT: Turtles in Time

Roto13
05-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Breath of Fire III
PSP

BoF I & II
Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance/Wii Virtual Console

River City Ransom
Wii Virtual Console

*flies away*

Flying Mullet
05-09-2008, 05:55 PM
The problem is that a lot of us are collectors and we like the original media it came out on.

NeoCracker
05-09-2008, 06:01 PM
The problem is a lot of you are picky bastards and need to STFU and play the game without caring about picky semantics such as the system.

*Runs away like a little girl to hide from the masses who are about to murder him because they were unable to realize I was kidding*

Lionx
05-09-2008, 08:06 PM
The problem is that a lot of us are collectors and we like the original media it came out on.

Pretty much, and i dont have a Wii at the moment. Besides the actual Cart...that is something the Virtual Console can never replace o_o

Roto13
05-09-2008, 09:02 PM
Collecting is one thing, but if you just want to play the game, who cares if you play the original version, as long as the port is faithful?

Araciel
05-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Collecting is one thing, but if you just want to play the game, who cares if you play the original version, as long as the port is faithful?

True, but it's a classic wishlist...I agree that ports work just fine, but people want what they want.

Proxy
05-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Breath of Fire III
PSP

BoF I & II
Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance/Wii Virtual Console

*flies away*

I outta sex you up for this info <3

Roto13
05-10-2008, 03:22 PM
I think the PSP version of BoF III was only released in Europe, but PSP games aren't region locked so you could import it if you want.