PDA

View Full Version : Cloud Strife vs Wolverine

SuperMillionaire
05-05-2008, 07:44 PM
If Cloud and X-Man Wolverine battled, who would win?

Roto13
05-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Depends on the Wolverine. The one from the original comics would probably lose since Cloud is retardedly strong. Ultimate Wolverine and the one from the movies (to an extent) kind of blow the whole "Healing powers" thing out of proportion and can regrow pretty much anything, though. :P

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Like Roto said, depends on the level of fast healing. If it's strong enough, Wolverine wins by attrition, if not it's closer. I'm still not counting Wolverine out just yet though, he's canny and can fight smart. Cloud is... not particularly smart.

Bahamut2000X
05-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Clouds too emo and would probably cut himself long before his fight with Wolverine started giving Wolverine a much larger advantage. Beyond that Cloud's sword would get busted up after hitting solid admantium with the force it takes him to swing that thing after a while and it will sooner or later just become a massive metal baseball bat.

Coincidentally one time while I was in class back in high school the debate came up on who would win, Wolverine vs Godzilla. I was contacted as the guru of geekiness to make the call on who would win by the rest of the class.

Big D
05-06-2008, 01:23 AM
Hmm... Cloud could do hideous damage with his sword, but he wouldn't actually be able to sever any of Wolverine's limbs or his head, assuming that Adamantium is tougher than whatever make-believe metal Cloud's swords are made of.

Still, Wolverine's not invulnerable. Cloud's stronger, has superior reflexes, and advantages in agility and reach, thanks to having a longer weapon^1. Cloud could quickly and easily do enough damage to kill Wolverine, I believe. Blood loss and tissue damage, facial injuries, organ damage - Wolverine's reinforced bones won't prevent those, and his healing powers can only respond so fast.

Personally, I think they'd be more likely to fight alongside each other, rather than face off against one another. Now that would be something to see...

1 Not a phallic reference

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-06-2008, 02:29 AM
Wolverine's not exactly lacking in the agility and reflexes department himself. How good do Cloud's various augmentations make him?

Oh and of course materia. Any FFVII character with materia has a massive edge.

Fonzie
05-06-2008, 03:19 AM
Wolverine once got ripped in half by the Hulk, so he crawled back to his legs, and they rejoined his body and he kept fighting.

Beat that, Strife.

Roto13
05-06-2008, 03:49 AM
Wolverine once got ripped in half by the Hulk, so he crawled back to his legs, and they rejoined his body and he kept fighting.

Beat that, Strife.

They need to finish that goddamn mini series, by the way.

When it left off, he hadn't actually found his legs yet. xD They were like four miles up, on the top of a mountain.

Fonzie
05-06-2008, 03:52 AM

Beat that, Strife.

They need to finish that goddamn mini series, by the way.

When it left off, he hadn't actually found his legs yet. xD They were like four miles up, on the top of a mountain.

Still the point applies to this versus thread, no?

Dolentrean
05-06-2008, 03:53 AM
Ultimate Wolverine would win. Maybe not the Wolverine from the origonal comics

Big D
05-06-2008, 04:52 AM
Wolverine's not exactly lacking in the agility and reflexes department himself. How good do Cloud's various augmentations make him?He's sharp enough to see where a gun-wielding attacker is aiming, and get his sword in the way quickly enough to block gunfire. Wolverine's an experienced military man and a phenomenal fighter, but I don't think he's quick enough to deflect bullets.

About Wolverine's healing ability, in the comics at least: if he *does* have something cut off or otherwise removed, like the Hulk with his legs apparently, wouldn't there be a problem of the cut-off section healing over? Like, the tops of his legs scarring up, and the same for his pelvis where the legs were formerly attached? Or does he just have perpetually bleeding stumps until he can re-attach the severed limbs? :p

Markus. D
05-06-2008, 05:47 AM
Cloud's ability to wield materia already screws this up =]

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-06-2008, 05:50 AM
Wolverine's not exactly lacking in the agility and reflexes department himself. How good do Cloud's various augmentations make him?He's sharp enough to see where a gun-wielding attacker is aiming, and get his sword in the way quickly enough to block gunfire. Wolverine's an experienced military man and a phenomenal fighter, but I don't think he's quick enough to deflect bullets.

About Wolverine's healing ability, in the comics at least: if he *does* have something cut off or otherwise removed, like the Hulk with his legs apparently, wouldn't there be a problem of the cut-off section healing over? Like, the tops of his legs scarring up, and the same for his pelvis where the legs were formerly attached? Or does he just have perpetually bleeding stumps until he can re-attach the severed limbs? :p

I think it closes up but then he can tear it open again, being, you know, Wolverine.

Roto13
05-06-2008, 06:12 AM

Well the Hulk thing was Ultimate Wolverine. Ultimate Wolverine lost an arm and it grew back. :P

CimminyCricket
05-06-2008, 06:42 AM
I wish I could do that. Rip an arm off and grow it back.
My life would never be boring again if I could do that kind of stuff.

Nominus Experse
05-06-2008, 07:18 AM
Wolverine would need only bristle his excessively manly hair.

Markus. D
05-06-2008, 07:27 AM
yah, before he activates Cloud's Counter Materia.

THEN WHAT? MANG? =]?

Roogle
05-06-2008, 08:19 PM
I think that Wolverine has evolved to the point where his mutant powers are far more considerable than what they were intended to be, so I think that kind of flexibility from his fanbase makes him more than a match for Cloud Strife, who cannot evolve with special powers like characters from the Marvel Universe.

Skyblade
05-06-2008, 09:21 PM
There would be no victor, the fight would go on forever. Both have the ability to heal pretty much anything. Wolverine with his fast heal, Cloud by using HP Absorb (HP Absorb + 4x Cut, anyone?). It's pretty much impossible for either of them to win.

I Don't Need A Name
05-06-2008, 10:16 PM
i dont care which wolverine fights, he would still beat cloud
Cloud is a selfricheous loser, whereas wolverine (especially the original) is actually down to earth and kicks everyones ass

Markus. D
05-07-2008, 12:21 AM
i dont care which wolverine fights, he would still beat cloud
Cloud is a selfricheous loser, whereas wolverine (especially the original) is actually down to earth and kicks everyones ass

It's the equips and abilities that matter in combat.

NeoCracker
05-07-2008, 12:44 AM
There would be no victor, the fight would go on forever. Both have the ability to heal pretty much anything. Wolverine with his fast heal, Cloud by using HP Absorb (HP Absorb + 4x Cut, anyone?). It's pretty much impossible for either of them to win.

Until you take into consideration that a claw through the Jugular is a little bit much for cloud to pull himself back up from. :p

Captain Maxx Power
05-07-2008, 01:59 AM
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8136/rule1di6.jpg

Roto13
05-07-2008, 02:06 AM
Wolverine wins for actually being capable of growing body hair.

Remedy
05-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Wolverine will win with a big smile on his hairy face

Fire_Emblem776
05-07-2008, 12:47 PM
X summon +Knights of the round beat that wolverine ^_^

edczxcvbnm
05-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Cloud all the way. Are forgetting things like Time Materia. Haste himself and stop wolverine =D Wolverine never gets a hit in and since he is stopped, can't heal himself and what not ;D

Bahamut2000X
05-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Wolverine will win with a big smile on his hairy face

That Wolverine is a fake! The real Wolverine never smiles.....ever.

Roto13
05-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Wolverine could chop Cloud's head off while he's waiting for his ATB meter to fill.

Proxy
05-07-2008, 09:23 PM
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8136/rule1di6.jpg

winnar!

Monkey4Soul
05-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Wolverine if he didn't have the adamantium on his bones.

SuperMillionaire
05-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Well, adamantium is a fiction metal. Captain America's shield is made out of the same metal. What kind of metal is Cloud's sword made out of?

Big D
05-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Well, adamantium is a fiction metal. Captain America's shield is made out of the same metal. What kind of metal is Cloud's sword made out of?It's definitely some kind of super-powered fictional metal too. If the Buster Sword (and the First Tsurugi) were made of steel, then the weight of the blade would make the handle snap off. Also, the weight alone would make Cloud overbalance regardless of his strength. On top of that, his swords can cut steel and shatter reinforced concrete. Definitely something stronger and harder, but lighter, than steel.

SuperMillionaire
05-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Perhaps if not Adamantium, vibranium?

The Unknown Guru
05-10-2008, 07:46 PM
It's definitely some kind of super-powered fictional metal too. If the Buster Sword (and the First Tsurugi) were made of steel, then the weight of the blade would make the handle snap off. Also, the weight alone would make Cloud overbalance regardless of his strength. On top of that, his swords can cut steel and shatter reinforced concrete. Definitely something stronger and harder, but lighter, than steel.

Titanium fits the bill, to some degree. It can't exactly slice through steel, though. Maybe... Super-titanium?

Raebus
05-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Something tells me that the developers didn't think that far ahead when dealing with clouds weapon.

Quindiana Jones
05-10-2008, 09:41 PM
MAKE IT BIG.

Wolverine would win, because he's Canadian.

Slothy
05-12-2008, 04:40 AM
Ultimate Wolverine would win. Maybe not the Wolverine from the origonal comics

Wolverine from the regular Marvel Universe has healed from having all the flesh burned off of his bones. Presumably his brain was intact which is what let him heal but, regardless, original Wolverine is damn near immortal now as well, so no matter which version fights Cloud, Wolvie will still win. Even if Cloud could stay one step ahead of him on the run, or out fight him, he has to grow old and die sometime.

SuperMillionaire
05-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Doesn't Cloud also has a super soldier serum in his body? If so, it would act in a way similar to Captain America's serum.

Slothy
05-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Doesn't Cloud also has a super soldier serum in his body? If so, it would act in a way similar to Captain America's serum.

No, he was exposed to Mako, which unless I'm mistaken isn't like a super soldier syrum. Even if it was, there'd be no reason to believe it would act like Cap's.

SuperMillionaire
05-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Well, Cloud does display some superhuman abilities...

SpendGil
05-12-2008, 06:22 PM
I think if Cloud summoned knights of the round and used omnislash with mastered final attack materia paired with mastered phoenix materia.... All the healing powers in the world couldn't put wolvy together again.

SuperMillionaire
05-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Oh my... ouch, that's gotta hurt!

Marco Stephen
06-11-2015, 08:49 PM
Wolverine for sure IMO....

Please do not revive old threads. Thanks! ~Sephex