PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Midwest Meet Up, Location Poll!

Bahamut2000X
05-05-2008, 08:36 PM
So I decided to make a poll on deciding where to have the meet up since just some random posting on it in the thread wasn't working.

The locations we've narrowed it down to are...

Chicago: There's apparently a lot to do in Chicago and this is where a couple of EoFFers live out this way. However for many it's a long distance and many not be able to make it out that far as easily.

Cedar Point: One of the finest theme parks in the country. Has plenty to do and best of all is closer to me. :monster: In addition it could be a good one day type of travel deal for most people.

As far as the voting goes, please only vote if you plan to attend or at least live close by (i.e. no one from Australia who definitely won't be coming voting), and also post your choice so we can at least sort out the crazy other continental EoFF jokesters that will inevitably vote from us cool Midwesters. :cool:

So far this dealio will be very late May or early June I suspect just to give us time to get organized. I propose the last weekend of May, the 30, 31, and June 1 are the dates.

Well then let's discuss and finally get this planned.

EDIT: So for those that haven't read the entire thread. The planned date is June 20-22 at the moment, assuming anyone else actually confirms interest in actually coming out so I'm not alone that weekend.

Akaria
05-06-2008, 11:08 PM
Dude, dude dude dude. How far away is Cedar Point from Chicago, anyway?

*Google maps* Oh...About 5 hours:whaaa: I, uh, totally thought it was closer. Dunno what made me think that, but meh...

Um, I'm not voting quite yet, cuz I'm unsure, but I guess I'll list some of the things about Chicago and Cedar Point I've found online.

Chicago

Looks like there's a Six Flags with a water park and stuff, so if we really want that, we do still have that option.
Chill at Millennium Park, run around in the sun, be all pimp and such...
Clubbing, anyone?!
Anything else some of our EoFF Chicago natives could suggest?

Cedar Point

The amusement park. Duhh.
Um, anything else? I honestly don't know much about Cedar Point. Again, any EoFFers that know about the area have any suggestions?

Post stuff, guys!!:D

edczxcvbnm
05-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Chicago

Looks like there's a Six Flags with a water park and stuff, so if we really want that, we do still have that option.
Chill at Millennium Park, run around in the sun, be all pimp and such...
Clubbing, anyone?!
Anything else some of our EoFF Chicago natives could suggest?
Shedd Aquarium
Field Museum
Adler Planetarium
Museum of Science and Industry
Art Museum

Most other stuff that I would do such as go to a show or a sports game is something you need tickets for in advance and are not that cheap. Second City would be fun but even that you need tickets in advance...especially on the weekend for just about anything requiring a ticket XD

Oh yeah...odds are that I will not be doing any meet up no matter how convenient it is for me. My birthday is in early June and I have stuff to do for most of June already. Sorry.

Kes
05-07-2008, 06:26 AM
I love how this poll has had a 1:1 ratio for the options every time I've checked. It's obviously resolving the issue very well.

I'm totally not stalking you guys. >.>

Bahamut2000X
05-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Ya and better yet we got us majority votes from people not even in America let alone close by for this event. >.>

KentaRawr!
05-07-2008, 03:15 PM
I'd love to go to Cedar Point, but I don't think I'll be meeting at this meet-up, sadly.

I'll vote Cedar Point anyway.

Freya
05-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Chicago, it'd be easier for me to fly in there cause i'm so not paying for gas now.

theundeadhero
05-12-2008, 03:42 PM
If it's in June there's a chance I can go. Especially if it's in Chicago.

Bahamut2000X
05-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Well we're not making as much progress as I had hoped so I'll give this until Wednesday, then popular vote (actually based on those who could/will come) will win and I'll get the details sorted out as best and fast as I can and get his thing going.

ljkkjlcm9
05-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Can't go, so yeah, not that anyone would want me to! lol

THE JACKEL

Vyk
05-13-2008, 07:13 AM
Cedar Point haha, who thought that one up? Its an awesome place, but its an inconvenient location even for us people close to it. I'm only about an hour and a half away, but its a pain in the ass to get to. Some of the best rides in the world though. Good times, good times. I doubt I'll be going to this meet-up either. Second time I've had to skip out on one 'cause someone went fucking psycho before its creation. Good luck and enjoy, everyone :]

Bahamut2000X
05-13-2008, 02:53 PM
How can Chicago be winning? >.>

Though looking at the actual people that are local to the areas, I think Cedar Point is actually winning just for more people that are actually in this part of the world voting for it. Though I could be wrong. >.>

edczxcvbnm
05-13-2008, 06:36 PM
I don't know >.> I didn't vote because I think I am busy until the last week of June. Stupid other people XD

Yar
05-14-2008, 01:58 AM
Cedar Point!
Have you rode Maverick yet? It's amazing!

http://i.usatoday.net/travel/_photos/2007/05/18/ride2x.jpg
http://awalkinthepark.podomatic.com/2007-08-26T12_29_20-07_00.jpg

I do believe Cedar Point has discounts for groups.

KentaRawr!
05-14-2008, 03:17 AM
We're all going to die if Cedar Point wins, apparently.

oddler
05-14-2008, 06:21 AM
Man, but what a fun way to go.

Gogo
05-14-2008, 06:43 AM
Chicago is for cool kids, you guys. Convenience is usually nice, so keep that in mind. Not like I'm in the vicinity though. :D

Akaria
05-14-2008, 07:21 AM
Psycho people are awesome, live with it or gtfo:p

Anyway, it's official that I'll be working two part time jobs in order to keep living where I am, which is way too expensive for me, haha...I'll keep watching these threads though to see what's actually gonna happen, then judge whether I can probably go or not on that.

Dolentrean
05-14-2008, 08:40 AM
I can't go, therefore this matters not! Once again my logic is irrefutable! :shifty:

Bahamut2000X
05-15-2008, 09:57 PM
Ok so I'm a day late on this thing. Anywhos here's the score...

Chicago: 9
Cedar Point: 7

HOWEVER!

Not all the votes are by members even near by or going, so the total is slightly adjusted.

Ace14 voted for Chicago but he's from Cally, so I doubt he'll make it.

Psychotic is in England so again I doubt he'll be making it.

So that's 2 votes out the window.

Making the totals

Chicago: 8
Cedar Point: 6

Though there's more people who didn't post in the original interest thread who voted and have no locations listed, so in short....I'm stalling till I figure out what the real vote count is when some people give me PM's back.

Oh and if your one of the above and you are in fact planning to come let me know and I'll throw your vote back on.

I'll hopefully have the location up in a day or so and I'll set a date once I know the location, which I'll probably set for mid June then, since this is taking longer to plan and get momentum for then I expected.

edczxcvbnm
05-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Or you could just have 2. One in Chicago and one at ceder point.

Clouded Sky
05-15-2008, 11:25 PM
If there was any chance of me going, it would be to Chicago. It's a long way there already and Cedar Point is much farther.

(On a side note, seeing as there are two of us in Minnesota, would it be weird to car-pool without ever having actually met?)

Bahamut2000X
05-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Or you could just have 2. One in Chicago and one at ceder point.

Hey now, my wallet (and car) can't afford both. I'm not made of money here. :eep:

Akaria
05-16-2008, 12:03 AM
(On a side note, seeing as there are two of us in Minnesota, would it be weird to car-pool without ever having actually met?)
Not really. Only awkward thing is the possibility of the awkward silence happening in the car cuz nobody knows what to talk about:p Anyway, I think there are at least two other people besides you and me here, if I'm remembering correctly. Unless you're one of the others who just recently changed their user name or something.

KentaRawr!
05-16-2008, 12:12 AM
I'm not going, by the way. :p

Clouded Sky
05-16-2008, 01:33 AM
Not really. Only awkward thing is the possibility of the awkward silence happening in the car cuz nobody knows what to talk about:p Anyway, I think there are at least two other people besides you and me here, if I'm remembering correctly. Unless you're one of the others who just recently changed their user name or something.

I've been Sheep for a while now. I've also been away for long enough to have no idea who you are. But I suppose that's ok. :)

If this does happen, car-pooling might be a good idea.

Ouch!
05-16-2008, 01:36 AM
Another legit vote in favor of Chicago!

Bahamut2000X
05-16-2008, 01:53 AM
Geez any more legit votes on Chicago and it'll easily win. Looks like I'll need to start looking for a car pool buddy. *looks at Hsu*

Yar
05-16-2008, 02:01 AM
I'd vote for Chicago if the Blackhawks were still playing. But they suck like my beloved Jackets.

Akaria
05-16-2008, 10:25 AM
I've been around since June or July 2004, just under Assemblage or Danceoftheinfinity. I asked for name changes or accounts being smushed into one, but never got a response, so meh. Anyway, this thread is the first time I've seen you, I think, so nice to meet you, my fellow Minnesotan:p

If I do go, I don't really care where it would be, honestly. Obviously location is important, but I'm going to see you guys, so whatever.

theundeadhero
05-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Make it June 21-22 in Chicago and I will all but promise to go.

Bahamut2000X
05-24-2008, 04:25 AM
Alright well looking things over looks like Chicago wins, sadly.

Well As for a date since May is almost over I say the weekend of the 20-22 range in June would be a good time to do it. That gives us a month to plan what to do/where to go, and for those of us that have a ways to go to plan how to get there.

Also I wanna see about getting a set list on who can go, so I can organize this a bit better.

Clouded Sky
05-24-2008, 09:20 AM
I think I could do that weekend, I would have to get there late-ish Friday evening and leave Sunday late afternoon. I would also probably volunteer my car in exchange for gas money and company from Minnesota, but I can't say that 100% yet.

Bahamut2000X
05-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Ya I'm still trying to figure out my way over. It's about a 7 hour trip from where I'm at. With me at the helm.......20 hours. XD I haven't even begun to think about getting a hotel (which I'll need to when I come out, more then likely).

edczxcvbnm
05-24-2008, 07:02 PM
Steve has a wedding that weekend and I r invited to go too :o

- Jojee

Marshall Banana
05-24-2008, 07:34 PM
Jeremy and I will be at an airport in Chicago between 7:00 and 8:00 (pm) on June 24, so bring us gifts (you'll have to sneak past security)!

Clouded Sky
05-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Actually, the 20-22nd isn't good for me either. I'm working at school this summer and my girlfriend is leaving me to go home that weekend. So I probably shouldn't just run off to Chicago and leave her.

If Jojee's not there, I don't want to do it anyway.:D

Bahamut2000X
05-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Pfft Undead Hero and ouch! are gonna be there. That's all you need for a real meet up anyways along with yours truly. :cool:

Akaria
05-31-2008, 03:13 AM
There have been new updates and it is rather likely that I can go if a couple friends can come too that wanna join the orgy:D

Bahamut2000X
06-09-2008, 03:59 AM
So I've been procrastinating long enough on actually planning this, but I think it's probably about time to get the details all sorted out on who is going and what not. And better yet, where we should meet in Chicago, and for those of us oblivious to the area in general where places to crash or transportation would be.

I'm still in the midst of debating on whether I should find a bus going out or if I should just drive the many many miles and hope my car makes it and gas prices don't break me.

Jojee
06-12-2008, 05:37 AM
So, what's going on with this ^_^

I do wanna meet Matt and if he's guaranteed to go then... maybe... :E

theundeadhero
06-12-2008, 07:27 AM
I gave up on this happening and made other plans :p

Akaria
06-12-2008, 08:12 AM
Agreed. I'm slightly intoxicated, but still. Bahaha.

THIS GUY.

But yeah. I, uh, yeah. I don't think it'll be happening too hardcore. I'd like it to, because it'd be pure, unadulterated sexiness...But still.

Chemical
06-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Mike hasn't responded and it's his car.
But I like the opportunity.
I have Asero/NS buddies there too.

Bahamut2000X
06-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Well I already got the time off from work so I'm down for going. I just wanted to know who else was gonna show up so I didn't drive 600 miles going door to door looking for Ouch! :p

Chemical
06-12-2008, 06:33 PM
er
what are the new dates?
Because I don't think the last weekend of may is going to work for me.
:eyeroll:

Peegee
06-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Bahamut I'll send you a PM

Bahamut2000X
06-12-2008, 06:38 PM
er
what are the new dates?
Because I don't think the last weekend of may is going to work for me.
:eyeroll:

Well As for a date since May is almost over I say the weekend of the 20-22 range in June would be a good time to do it.

Peegee
06-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Presuming we can go, and I can get Friday / Monday off for rest days, it's possible for us to grab people on the route (preferable in case I need to rest while driving, which I don't RAWR).

Our route starts in Barrie, Ontario, down towards London (so passing Toronto), Sarnia, Michigan (Flint, Lansing, Fort Wayne), Chicago (IL, crossing into Indiana)

Just in case somebody needs a ride, it will be cool. Bonus points if you have a full license so I can Zzz :D

Chemical
06-12-2008, 06:54 PM
better bring your bathing suits because we're car pooling.
bahahaha.

Bahamut2000X
06-12-2008, 10:25 PM
So activity has been kind of low on this thread, but it looks like we got some confirmed people.

Though would anyone be objected to pushing this back a week or so? Since it was initially done to steal undeadhero to come, but he went and got other plans and the current planned weekend already has at least 3 people saying they can't make it to. If it won't hurt anyones schedules maybe postponing it 1 week and then we can get ed/jojo/clouded sky all out to come and add some more fun people to the mix.

I'm hoping those won't be much of an issue, though then again no one has really confirmed they would show up anyways.

Oh and also we need a place to meet up in Chicago. So any local to the area should propose some place that's easy to get to, and probably best to not be too overly crowded.

Ouch!
06-12-2008, 11:20 PM
Chicago is a large city with many things to do. I suggest we meet as some easily recognizable location and go to town (literally?).

Edit: If people were interested in the amusement park bit, there's always Six Flags not too far from the city. I hear their new Dark Knight coster is supposed to be full of win.

Peegee
06-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Also a place I can find via a GPS, since I don't live in the area. A mall would be cool, or whatever.

The problem is the meetup time. I am expecting, that since I will be leaving on Friday, to arrive in Chicago by Friday night/Saturday morning. I'll try to get the day off but we'll have to see.

The sooner a date can be set the better. I'll try to talk to Jojee.

Bahamut2000X
06-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Well if it's not going down the 20-22 like originally planned, then I say the next weekend or the weekend after just to get things moving. I'll need to redo my time off from work, but hopefully they won't bitch too much when I change it. >.> Though I got about a load of double shifts, call ins, and covering of shifts under my belt to throw back at them. Or failing that, I got at least 2 or 3 legal things to throw in their faces. :monster:

Jojee
06-12-2008, 11:35 PM
I gave up on this happening and made other plans :p
I hate you so much and forever :mad2:

I need to figure some things out. @_@ But tell me what weekends you're leaning toward. I <i>may</i> be able to make any. PG promised me clubbing, though. :3

theundeadhero
06-12-2008, 11:56 PM
Make it the weekend of 28-29, and get three people + monkey and ED to go, and I'll make myself go. Be warned that I already promised all my Army buddies I would grow a ridiculous mustache while home on leave :p

I'd totally plan on renting a hotel room and partying, of course.

Peegee
06-13-2008, 12:09 AM
I think the 20th is off. I prefer that it not be the 20th because I can't guarantee I can get the days off (I will probably have to call in sick for Friday and I don't like to do that, even though legally I can).

The 27th weekend Jojee has expressed a desire to not go if she is going to the wedding on the 20th weekend, so we're looking at a minimum start date of the 4th of July weekend, which is okay with me regardless. So let's make the meetup the 4th of July unless we have a sudden ton of cancellations (Ouch is committed as long as it isn't after august lol)

I PM'd Bahamut the tentative itinerary. It goes like this:

- I get Friday off so I can actually drive during the day (I have a 9 hour drive)
- I take off in the morning and arrive Friday afternoon or evening, depending on when we leave
- Check into a hotel as Ouch! cannot provide accommodation and I don't feel like imposing. If you have any idea of where to stay that is cheaper (Hostel, etc), bring this up soon. I will discuss with Ouch! about good Hotels to book. I will be fronting the cash for the Hotel as long as we have 4 people showing up (Ouch and Bahamut2000x, me and Chemical, so that's pretty much set).
- Depending on time, we'll explore Chicago or rest, or go clubbing
- If Jojee can make the bus ride, she'll join us. If not, I am okay with driving her to Chicago sometime early Saturday, but I have told her that taking her back is not an option as it's too strenuous on me (11 hour drive back to Canada)
- Saturday will be spent at the Six Flags and probably clubbing at night
- Sunday we'll probably eat lunch, and hang out, or whatever. I need to start heading back to Canada by 4, 5pm at the latest.

Can I also get a list of confirmed participants (and whether you'd be okay with 4th of July, or whichever)? Also if you are driving and are able to pick up Jojee to and/or from (If you can drive her home, I can drive her to Chicago, so you can commit to one or the other)

Thusfar:

- Chemical
- Bahamut2000X
- Ouch!
- Peegee

Jojee
06-13-2008, 12:26 AM
I'm not sure about the weekends, tbh. You guys plan whatever date most of you can go to, and I'll decide after I see who's going ;D

If I go, I wouldn't need you to pick me up, Peeg. ^_^ But if I do decide to go, Saturday @ Six Flags is out, or I won't go. xD *doesn't do roller coasters*

Peegee
06-13-2008, 12:36 AM
I'm not sure about the weekends, tbh. You guys plan whatever date most of you can go to, and I'll decide after I see who's going ;D

If I go, I wouldn't need you to pick me up, Peeg. ^_^ But if I do decide to go, Saturday @ Six Flags is out, or I won't go. xD *doesn't do roller coasters*

lol jojee princess.

Jojee
06-13-2008, 12:38 AM
haha I AM! Bow before me ^__^

Seriously I'm way too much of a wimp. Last year me and bip and ed were all freaking out on the Ferris wheel. xD

Flying Mullet
06-13-2008, 12:39 AM
But if I do decide to go, Saturday @ Six Flags is out, or I won't go. xD *doesn't do is too short to ride roller coasters*
Fixed. :chef:

Bahamut2000X
06-13-2008, 02:28 AM
If we go clubbing they would have to let in people under 21, I'm still a few months too young to drink legally, though I wouldn't mind getting in a place I couldn't technically if not just to practice my disguise techniques from Ninjutsu. XD

Also moving it back to July sounds good to me. I'll get to tell my work my request off dates are wrong now tomorrow, but it won't be a big deal, they haven't even done the schedules for those weeks yet.

As far as hotels are, I'll say I'm easy, I don't need a bed or anything I'll probably just bring a pillow and blanket so I can sleep on some floor or something XD, I could honestly survive outside if need be (if not for stupid weather/people/nature/laws making it more difficult).

Peegee
06-13-2008, 03:48 AM
It actually would have to be in July since I and Chemical are...let's go with another word here...predisposed the weekend after next. 20th is too early, so it looks so for to be good.

So once again, the date shall be the 4th unless Jojo goes mad and demands another date. We don't *have* to go to 6 flags. To be honest I have a seasons pass to another amusement park up here and spending so much monies on amusement parks would be quite an expense. I'm sure Ouch! can show us about. Also he says we should be able to get into clubs as long as they have the wristband = can drink system. So yay for you Jojee.

You guys get to see the PGmobile!

Chemical
06-13-2008, 04:16 AM
I won't go to Six Flags.
I will go to art museums & cultural centers.
I will go to shopping malls.
I will go clubbing.
I have to go to a rock climbing gym.

Jojee
06-13-2008, 04:20 AM
Oh good call. xD I just remembered I actually have a wedding on the weekend of the 28th. Everyone's getting married nowadays. Oh wells. I'll try to make the one on the weekend of the 4th... I think... I actually get the 4th off from work, and it's a paid holiday too. <3 Yay for working for the federal gov't.

But but MATT you should go too :3 Hmm and Sheep. And others.

Clouded Sky
06-13-2008, 04:53 AM
Sheep reporting here. The 4th might actually be the best option for me because I already have that friday off so I could leave thursday night/friday morning and might be able to take Monday off if need be. I looked at greyhound tickets and they are ridiculously expensive. However, I have a car that might be able to make it that far. (ADVENTURE!) and would be willing to take whoever wanted to jump in (Akaria) that was on the way from Minneapolis to Chicago. Otherwise I've heard rumors of some "superbus" that I want to look into. If I can find a somewhat plausible way of getting there, I'm in. (Also, ditto on an 18+ club, I'm not 21 until September.)

EDIT: Also, someone let me know if this is happening because I can get there at 7:30pm Friday and leave at 3:00pm on Sunday for a $40 bus ticket. Is this happening? I should probably know soon.

Jojee
06-13-2008, 05:12 AM
Sheep - if you're gonna take Megabus, reserve NOW (well, as soon as possible after we figure out the date). There's some tickets left at the ~20$ one way price, only if you leave on Friday and return on Monday. On any other day around that, it's ~$40 one way already. ^^

megabus.com - low cost, daily, express bus service in the US (http://www.megabus.com/us/index.php)

The ticket prices vary depending on demand and they fill rather quickly.

Clouded Sky
06-13-2008, 05:18 AM
they're sitting in my cart right now. that's 816 miles for $40! 20mi/$1. When you consider a 30 MPG car with gas at $4 gallon that's 7.5mi/$1 so obviously this is a good deal so everyone else get your act together and tell me if this is happening and if those times would fit into the schedule?

Jojee
06-13-2008, 05:24 AM
Hell, put me down for the weekend of the 4th. ^^ I <i>might</i> not be joining you guys on Friday but I'll be there Saturday for sure. ed probably will be there Saturday onwards too.

oddler
06-13-2008, 05:26 AM
Just to let you guys know, I'm still interested in this. Once you all figure out the specifics, I'll peek my head in here and see if I'm able to show. Don't worry about scheduling stuff around me. I'll try to fit into whatever's worked out. :choc2:

theundeadhero
06-13-2008, 05:35 AM
Don't let me stop you from doing it in July but I'll be back in Europe then.

Ouch!
06-13-2008, 05:47 AM
Eh, I just suggested Six Flags as an option because so many people seemed so pumped about Cedar Point. It really doesn't compare, though.

Anyway, all things on Chemical's list are easily taken care of. You'd be paying to get into the Chicago Art Institute (which is absolutely fantastic and likely worth every penny regardless), though. Their free day is either Tuesday or Thursday. That said, every museum in Chicago as a free admission day. I'm not sure if there are ones free on weekends. Either way, I don't think it costs much.

Like I said, I can ask my old man about hotel prices. My mother mentioned something along the lines of, "There are no such things as cheap hotels in Chicago." One option I hear is getting a hotel slightly outside of town and taking the Metra in (it costs like two bucks from the closer suburbs). I'll see what the old man says.

Jojee
06-13-2008, 05:48 AM
Last year we got a hotel near Liz's town, it was like an hour to take the bus in, but it was like less than $90 for 2 beds? I dunno if that's good, I don't really go to hotels much. @_@ But if we can get around that price and all chip in, it shouldn't be very expensive. Some ppl just slept on the floor last year.

Boo Matt, boo.

Clouded Sky
06-13-2008, 06:56 AM
Do want to sleep on the floor! :)

I have to check with the boss tomorrow to see if I can get that Monday off, so hopefully those bus tickets don't sell out.

Jojee
06-13-2008, 03:45 PM
I'll be returning on Sunday though, and probably most people will. xD I don't know what you'll do by yourself for a day @_@ Maybe you should ask Ouch if you can stay at his place on Sunday night or something then, you probably won't want to pay for a hotel all by yourself.

Akaria
06-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Last time I checked, there totally weren't 20 new posts here. Regardless, figure stuff out for yourselves. Once things are set, I'll run through it and see if I can make it or not. I'd probably be driving myself no matter what, since it wouldn't take that long anyway and I've been kinda negative on buses since November.

Peegee
06-13-2008, 05:49 PM
I will be coordinating things with Ouch! and will post addresses and etc as they come up.

I also have Friday, July 4th off, so I expect to be in Chicago by 5pm at the latest.

If it isn't obvious enough, yes, the official Midwest EoFF meetup will be somewhere in Chicago from Friday, July 4th to Sunday, July 6th.

Clouded Sky
06-13-2008, 06:30 PM
I BOOKED BUS TICKETS, I'LL BE IN CHICAGO AT 7:30 ON THE 4TH!

And yeah, I'm probably by myself on Sunday night, but I have a couple close friends in Chicago, I'll call them and see what we can do.

I'm so excited!

Ouch!
06-13-2008, 07:21 PM
I'll be returning on Sunday though, and probably most people will. xD I don't know what you'll do by yourself for a day @_@ Maybe you should ask Ouch if you can stay at his place on Sunday night or something then, you probably won't want to pay for a hotel all by yourself.
While I'd be definitely comfortable with a bunch of internet people I'm just meeting for the first time spending the night at my house, my parents most certainly would not. They're kind of scared for me to even go downtown at all, but they're letting not stopping me. I don't think it's a good idea to bring them into it at all, though. =/

Clouded Sky
06-13-2008, 08:25 PM
See above! Hooray!

Peegee
06-13-2008, 08:37 PM
This is the post that has all of the information you need

Thusfar:

- Chemical - Friday
- Bahamut2000X - Friday
- Ouch! - Friday
- Peegee - Friday
- Jojee - Friday(?)
- ed - Saturday
- clouded sky - Friday
- akaria - Not sure
- Enano - Friday can't make it :(

Location: fairfield Inn and Suites; Lombard, Illinois (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/chifs-fairfield-inn-and-suites-chicago-lombard/) (about 30 minutes from Chicago)

Rate: 84 dollars per night per room. Room has TWO (2) double sized bed and I don't see 'couch' or anything like that listed anywhere (so for those with 5 one might need to sleep on the floor or the bathtub).

I have rented two rooms for the lot of us. This should work out well, as there will be 4/4 split, and if we don't get along we can swap rooms, or whatever.

Closer to the meetup date I will ask for Ouch's phone # and with his blessing spread it like a virus to the rest of you guys. Fun will ensue.

Jojee
06-13-2008, 08:50 PM
Oh hell no xD I object!

Squeeze us all into one room, preferably less than $100. And if you can't, at least try it first and if they complain, we'll get another room. I'm definitely not rich atm and a trip will take a good chunk out of my paycheck with just traveling/entertainment. Hell, I'm not even sure if I get paid before then. xD So, unless someone is claustrophobic or don't want to be near a bunch of smelly EoFFers all night... :3

Plus, remember that ed and I might not be there Friday night. I definitely wouldn't reserve anything anytime soon, at most 2 days or so before we get there.

Peegee
06-13-2008, 09:05 PM
K Jojee, you psycho. I have found some rooms for 100$. Now I have to send mass PMs out.

editor's note: ignore this
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
# 8535 West Higgins Road
# Chicago, Illinois 60631 USA

109$ per night (works out to 54.5 per person for the entire two nights)

I will get confirmation from the rest but I take it this is good for you?

Jojee
06-13-2008, 09:10 PM
Maybe. xD Only if you don't reserve anytime soon. If you reserve a room before a week of the date we'll be there I'ma kick you in the nuts when I get there. ^.^

<3

PS Sheep, I'm jealous. The megabus costs $26 per trip Madison-Chicago, which is more than Minneapolis-Chicago, and yet we're at LEAST 4 hours closer! >=[ I'm trying to decide what to do about transportation atm.

edczxcvbnm
06-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Lombard: Earn Rewards points and stay productive when traveling to Chicago (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/chifs-fairfield-inn-and-suites-chicago-lombard/)

$74...I didn't even try. I just know when working for Dell we got fairfield luxury suit for $65 a night...but that was Racine, WI and not Lombard, IL.

Peegee
06-13-2008, 09:18 PM
lol I'm going to avoid sending PMs until we have the reservation set.

I however can't find the 74$ room. It says 84$. I figure you just typoed then.

84$ = 21$ per person and 16.80$ for the 2nd group in the 5 bedroom. I am liking this more and more.

Ultimately, my plan is to get everybody's arrival time sometime this weekend, and will make sure that both Ashley and I can go to the USA (I am sure she can, since she never said anything, and I just need to acquire my passport this weekend). If everybody is confirmed by Monday, I will make reservations, because this will be July 4th weekend and I don't like putting anything to chance.

Jojee
06-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Prepare to get kicked in the nuts :3

Peegee
06-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Oh you. So asian.

Jojee
06-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Omg now I'm stabbing you too.

Flying Mullet
06-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Looks like everyone should have a good time. :)

Peegee
06-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Omg now I'm stabbing you too.

Probably with some sort of asian sword, you asian.

Jojee
06-13-2008, 09:42 PM
+ punch in the face.

Yeah, I'll bring a ladder, so don't even start, Mulley azn! YOU should go to the meetup. >:E

Peegee
06-13-2008, 09:53 PM
He lives in the south (state censored just in case), you weirdo.

Bahamut2000X
06-13-2008, 09:57 PM
So I'm about to book my bus out to Chicago which will save me so much time and gas. My only concern is getting back on the bus Sunday morning (the only bus out they had was for 11 AM) so I'll probably need to find a place nearby to call a taxi to get to Union Station on time (wink wink, if anyone knows a cheap taxi service there.) Other then that I'm looking to be in Chicago by about 5:30 or so on the 4th.

Gee this trip planning stuff is hard. Now I remember why I usually don't leave my apartment. :p

But but MATT you should go too

But I am going. Unless your talking about another Matt, and if you are that makes me a sad Matt. :cry:

Peegee
06-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Methinks the undead hero = matt ?

Ouch!
06-13-2008, 11:17 PM
I doubt I'll be staying downtown overnight, so don't count me in your hotel equations, sir. Not sure if you actually did, but just wanted to throw that out there. I can catch train rides there and back again really cheap.

Bahamut2000X
06-13-2008, 11:46 PM
I doubt I'll be staying downtown overnight, so don't count me in your hotel equations, sir. Not sure if you actually did, but just wanted to throw that out there. I can catch train rides there and back again really cheap.

It's gonna be a terrible orgy without Ouch!. :(

Clouded Sky
06-13-2008, 11:47 PM
As of right now I plan on arriving on the 4th at 7:30. That's about all I know. I realize we need details so I will try and look into that tonight after dinner. I, like Jojee, am for squishing as many people into one room as we can.

EDIT: As long as you all don't smell.

Chemical
06-14-2008, 02:12 AM
Enano said he'd go.
;o

I'm making plans to get trashed with some of my NS clan buddies on the Saturday it seems.

Peegee
06-14-2008, 02:37 AM
It's okay we still have a full room for Friday night.

edit:

Thanks Ouch! for suggestions on things to do

Taste of Chicago (http://gochicago.about.com/od/tasteofchicago/p/taste_chicago.htm)

Ouch!
06-14-2008, 07:35 PM
The Taste is full of win and awesome! I thought it'd be over by the time this happened, but I checked on a whim and there you go!

Jojee
06-14-2008, 08:19 PM
That seems interesting :3 ed hates it because he says it's way too crowded xD

Peegee
06-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Crowded places rules.

There's two people (oddler and akaria) who are unconfirmed for friday night.

I'm starting to wonder if that renting one room and hoping we don't blow it up is the way to go. Ouch doesn't seem to be staying overnight, like, ever, so that makes it 8 people who will be staying. We can squeeze that many people into one room; I've done it before.

oddler
06-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Final answer is no. Chicago seems like a cool place to go and it'd be fun to meet up but it's a bit far of a drive and I'll most likely be doing family things for July 4th weekend. Have fun, guys. :choc2:

Clouded Sky
06-14-2008, 08:42 PM
I remember my last night in Japan when we took the two beds (I think they were only doubles) and pushed them together to make one superbed and we slept six almost comfortably.

Peegee
06-14-2008, 09:00 PM
I remember my last night in Japan when we took the two beds (I think they were only doubles) and pushed them together to make one superbed and we slept six almost comfortably.

Except the room Ed suggested only has one king size bed.

A super bed would only fit 7 people though, but that's a good idea if we find a 2x bed room!

Bahamut2000X
06-14-2008, 09:13 PM
EoFF orgy? Heck ya I'm down for that. XD

Blue Harvest
06-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Pix or it didn't happen.

Clouded Sky
06-14-2008, 09:20 PM

Except the room Ed suggested only has one king size bed.

A super bed would only fit 7 people though, but that's a good idea if we find a 2x bed room!

Otherwise the floor isn't so bad either!:)

Awrini
06-14-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm no stranger to the floor. =P

Peegee
06-14-2008, 10:12 PM
EoFF orgy isn't so cool when we're all sweaty. Ew. Nothx

edit: I will be reserving two rooms if I get two more people who don't mind their own room. Also we have enough confirmed guests that I will be reserving the room on Monday.

Chemical
06-16-2008, 03:56 PM
I would prefer not sharing a bed, but I'll sleep with PG if I must.

Peegee
06-16-2008, 04:00 PM
I would prefer not sharing a bed, but I'll sleep with PG if I must.

I hate you too, Ashley-chan

Jojee
06-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Hi, I'm bored. ^^

So like I don't really care if this is TMI but that date is wayyy too close/on the dot (haha dot) to when I'm supposed to be starting my period, so... watch out D:<

Peegee
06-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Hi, I'm bored. ^^

So like I don't really care if this is TMI but that date is wayyy too close/on the dot (haha dot) to when I'm supposed to be starting my period, so... watch out D:<

lol Joy. We'll grab you some ice cream and you guys can rent a chick flick on the pay per view xD

Jojee
06-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Can't I just engage in violent acts against humanity instead? ^.^

Nah I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it'll come even later than usual xD

Awrini
06-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Just don't hurt me, I didn't do anything. I swear I DID NOTHING!

Peegee
06-16-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm posting on PG's account because I can and he's letting me.

Anyways (its chemical) I'm just done my rag so I'll be Good to Go! :D
Although I would really really like if we could have a girls room vs boys room ^_^:;

3 girls in one room.... 6 guys in another.
It works out perfectly.

edit:

pg: THAT'S THE MOST RIDICULOUS THING I'VE EVER HEARD.

Jojee
06-16-2008, 08:26 PM
Haha, I'm all for that if we keep the same costs ;)

I don't care either way how the rooms divide. xD

Peegee
06-16-2008, 08:37 PM
Haha, I'm all for that if we keep the same costs ;)

I don't care either way how the rooms divide. xD

If you do that it costs you 54.66 per person for the trip. Instead of 42$

I don't really care either way, but it's sort of ridiculous. We can set up girl/boy rooms and when the girls need to change (like Friday night clubbing) we can just congregate to the proper rooms.

I'm almost tempted to change my reservation to be one room just to avoid this sort of behaviour. But then I've always been completely comfortable around girls.

Bahamut2000X
06-16-2008, 08:43 PM
While the premise of an all girls room where no doubt a hot lesbian orgy would ensue, I'm just not sure the guys orgy would be anywhere near as good. Although I could almost be tempted to turn gay for PG.....almost. :shifty:

Although I don't mind everyone crammed in one room since it's cheaper and I'm not picky either way. XD

Jojee
06-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Whateeev, just get me the cheapest option that no one else minds :p

Might want to move clubbing to Saturday night :(

Awrini
06-16-2008, 10:30 PM
See, I like this, we are all about the cheapest options go go cheap!

Araciel
06-17-2008, 02:25 AM
I am surely not going.

Peegee
06-17-2008, 05:50 AM
While the premise of an all girls room where no doubt a hot lesbian orgy would ensue, I'm just not sure the guys orgy would be anywhere near as good. Although I could almost be tempted to turn gay for PG.....almost. :shifty:

Although I don't mind everyone crammed in one room since it's cheaper and I'm not picky either way. XD

I seriously don't care one way or the other. It's just the sleeping arrangements, not like we're going to be segregating the entire time.

I just find the premise of 3 girls in one room and 6 boys in another to be pretty silly. Though, I think she really wants the 3 girl option. I say give it to them (if the other two girls agree). They wanna pay more, let them xD

I will stress one more time.

6 boys in one room = 14 dollars a night = 28 dollars total
3 girls in one room = 28 dollars a night = 56 dollars total

mix: 4 = 42 dollars total, 5 = 33.6 dollars total

Clouded Sky
06-17-2008, 06:16 AM
Whateeev, just get me the cheapest option that no one else minds :p

Might want to move clubbing to Saturday night :(

Also, Jojee, if you hurt me, I will be sad. :(

ljkkjlcm9
06-17-2008, 06:24 AM
I totally lost touch with this entire thing. I just got back from my buddies wedding, but all I have to say is round trip, for gas, cost me like 400 bucks. So, while you don't have me listed for this, I just couldn't afford to go anyways. Have fun everyone!

THE JACKEL

Peegee
06-17-2008, 06:26 AM
I totally lost touch with this entire thing. I just got back from my buddies wedding, but all I have to say is round trip, for gas, cost me like 400 bucks. So, while you don't have me listed for this, I just couldn't afford to go anyways. Have fun everyone!

THE JACKAL

Yeah I'm expecting the gas alone to cost me over 200$. It's mentally covered in the expenses. But yeah...this will be the longest I've traveled by car, by about 2x the distance xD

Chemical
06-17-2008, 04:48 PM
yeah whateves
Cheapest is the best

anyways saturday I'm going to be going out with some of my HL clan buddies. :i
I'll either meet back up with everyone or just go back to the hotel.

edczxcvbnm
06-18-2008, 04:07 PM
So...what do you guys want to do while you are here. Start planning the itinerary.

Chemical
06-18-2008, 05:55 PM
ew itinerary. Not a fan, sorry ed. I find I'm always disspapointed if I plan to do things...

Instead I have an idea of things I'd like to do and just go with the flow at that point,

Shopping
Cocktails
Chicago Blues Bar
John G. Shedd Aquarium/Oceanarium
The Field Museum
Adler Planetarium

Well there's lots to do and see and I'm a big advocate of urban exploration.
Walk and find.

Jojee
06-18-2008, 05:59 PM
I'm all up for getting alcohol and getting drunk some night, but some people are underage and thus cannot go bar/cocktails :3

I think there was also interest in the art museum.

Someone should find a nice 18+ club so we know where to go clubbing, btw.

Peegee
06-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Ashley likes UE? I am shocked and impressed.

I am certain we will just decide on stuff to do on the fly. Since we will be going to Taste and the art gallery of chicago (or whatever it's called), we'll just be within town. I'm sure we'll get distracted by sights along the way.

As for alcohol, Ouch has told me that we can get into a club that segregates people of legal age from 'minors'. However nothing's stopping us from buying alcohol and getting totally...I'll stop here.

ZOMG NEWS: Bonnie / Tokki (http://forums.eyesonff.com/members/tokki%2Bwartooth.html) wants to come along, pending free time. This will put the girls count at 4, and the boys count at 6 (and 5 will be in the hotel). This will mean you get your girl/boy split room, and more girls is always win.

She wants to know if it's okay to come. I am sure you're all welcoming of her!

Awrini
06-18-2008, 08:24 PM
Go Bonnie go Bonnie GO!

Bahamut2000X
06-18-2008, 08:32 PM
More girls means <s>less hookers we gotta hire</s> less gay action going around. :monster:

Peegee
06-18-2008, 08:44 PM
More girls means <s>less hookers we gotta hire</s> less gay action going around. :monster:

>:o nopls

Jojee
06-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Yes, come. xD The more the merrier!

Chemical
06-19-2008, 05:04 PM
Speaking of alcohol!
PG and I will be going through the Duty Free
;)
Anyone want a seuvinier??

Jojee
06-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Totally didn't understand that last post xD

Peegee
06-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Totally didn't understand that last post xD

Duty free. Cheap booze and cigarettes. Who wants?

Jojee
06-19-2008, 09:07 PM
I've never heard of Duty Free. What is it?

As for drinks, girly drinks please. (I <3 Mike's hard berries, bacardi silvers (flavored, usually strawberry~ peach etc is good too), Parrot Bay flavors, and mixed girly stuff. xD PS I'm old enough to buy my own booze now n_n *pose*

Awrini
06-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Hmmm, that may be a bad idea. =P

Peegee
06-20-2008, 05:52 PM
We'll stock up and I'll let Ashley decide what the going rate is

bwahaha burp

Awrini
06-21-2008, 11:50 PM
Gonna be a riot. =P

edczxcvbnm
06-26-2008, 04:31 AM
It is a week away now.

I feel I should tell all of you people that are not from Chicago that you will be ticketed for talking on your cell phone while driving. You can talk but only with a hands free head set. Hold the phone up to your face and stuff while be spotted and you get a $100 something ticket XP

Jojee
06-26-2008, 04:36 AM
PM me your phone numbers, all of you. I promise I won't abuse it and give it out to questionable lists and stuff. n_n

Clouded Sky
06-26-2008, 05:19 AM
OMG! Jojee's phone number!

In all seriousness, I can't believe this is happening. I don't often do random things, and while this isn't necessarily crazy, it definitely is something I rarely do and decided to go through with on a whim. I'm excited for a good weekend and can't wait to actually meet people.

Freya
06-26-2008, 06:37 AM
I already have her number :3 and her address >.>

Awrini
06-26-2008, 08:52 PM
So yeah, this is a week away now. Might be a good time to start getting some finalized info around and such. =P *got an 8hr drive ahead of him*

Jojee
06-27-2008, 04:56 PM
You can start by sending me your phone # :p

Akaria isn't going, right?

Edit: Also, where will everyone be arriving? People with cars should pick up the people with no cars so we can all converge at a common meeting point ;)

Akaria
06-27-2008, 06:06 PM
Right, I'm not going. I'm bummed out about it, but I have a big event on the 5th that I can't miss. I have been known recently to take spontaneous road trips (Minneapolis to Milwaukee to see Mindless Self Indulgence, anyone?) so it's possible that my thing on the 5th will get over and I'll be like, "I'm bored...I'll go to Chicago." In which case, I'll give Ouch! a call and ask where you guys are at, meet you somewhere, etc etc etc. It shall be teh epic funz.

edczxcvbnm
06-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Also, bring lots of $$ for tolls. There are a ton of tolls and they are like 80 cents each or more. They have these huge lanes where you will see people driving fast but that is for people with I-Pass. Unless you are from the greater chicagoland area...you more than most likely do not have I-Pass so don't go through them XP

Værn
06-27-2008, 06:37 PM
It appears as though I now have plans on the Fourth, involving the following:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b320/Vaern/FW.jpg

Peegee
06-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Should I just ask the bank for like 50 bucks in one dollar bills?

pg "Yeah I'm going to the USA...to see the sights"
teller "I'm sure"
pg ">.<"

Clouded Sky
06-28-2008, 03:53 AM
Chicago, Illinois, Union Station - Chicago's stop for all arrivals and departures is located adjacent to Union Station on the east side of South Canal Street, between Jackson Blvd and Adams Street.

Where's the hotel again? I am going to be so lost.

Bahamut2000X
06-28-2008, 03:59 AM
Where's the hotel again? I am going to be so lost.

You and me both. Luckily we both have the same drop off point from our buses.

Peegee
06-28-2008, 04:05 AM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/117068-eoff-midwest-meet-up-location-poll.html#post2507605

Clouded Sky
06-28-2008, 04:17 AM
The hotel has a pool?

Peegee
06-28-2008, 05:06 AM
Yes. In fact if you clicked on the link there's a picture of it ^_^

edczxcvbnm
07-01-2008, 08:28 PM
I am depending 100% on you all coordinating stuff with Joy.

Peegee
07-01-2008, 08:34 PM
I am depending 100% on you all coordinating stuff with Joy.

I'm doing it. It's driving her nuts to talk to an asian but I'm doing it.

:grumble:

Clouded Sky
07-01-2008, 08:47 PM
So is someone going to be able to come pick me up from Union station or am I supposed to pay for the most expensive taxi ever?

edczxcvbnm
07-01-2008, 09:09 PM
So is someone going to be able to come pick me up from Union station or am I supposed to pay for the most expensive taxi ever?

Taxi? Why >.>

First you need to post the following
1) What time you are arriving
2) What you are arriving by(grey hound, some other bus, train)

I will probably be driving around but there are other ways to get places other than taxi.

Metra - Welcome to Metra (http://www.metrarail.com)

Then there are CTA trains and buses as well.

Clouded Sky
07-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Hey, thanks! I'm going to be completely lost when I get to Chicago.

I'm arriving via Megabus at 7:30pm at "Chicago, Illinois, Union Station - Chicago's stop for all arrivals and departures is located adjacent to Union Station on the east side of South Canal Street, between Jackson Blvd and Adams Street."

edczxcvbnm
07-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Good. Union station is a bit of a transit hub. Metra trains leave there as well as ogilvie station and grey hound is just down the way. The hotel is close to a metra station.

I imagine your arrival time to be about 8 though. Of all the times Joy has come down it has rarely been on time let alone early.

Edit: Talk to Joy about stuff.

Clouded Sky
07-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Perfect! Thanks a ton! Now begins the nit-picky logistics.

Bahamut2000X
07-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Awesome I can steal that info as well as I arrive same bus same station, but at about 5:15.

So for those who have used megabus before, near best I can figure I just like copy down my reservation number and show the bus driver and I get on as I got no real tickets or what have you is how it works? It's been a strange system they got, though I plan to show up 30 minutes before my bus leaves just to be sure I get all set on time.

Now to just figure out how much to take with me and how best to carry it on my persons. >.>

Clouded Sky
07-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Alright. It looks like the best way is to take the Metra from Chicago to Lombard.

For those of you coming into Union station, you just walk two blocks north (http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Chicago&1s=IL&1pn=Union+Station&2c=Chicago&2s=IL&2pn=Ogilvie+Transportation+Center#a/maps/l:Chicago+Union+Station:210+S+Canal+St:Chicago:IL:60606:US:41.879179:-87.639599:address:/l:Ogilvie+Transportation+Center:500+W+Madison+St:Chicago:IL:60661:US:41.8819:-87.639699:address:/m::14:41.880522:-87.63964:0::/io:1:::::f:EN:M:/e) to the Ogilvie Transportation Center. From there you want to get on the Union Pacific West Line (http://metrarail.com/Sched/cnw_w/cnw_w.shtml#STATION) and take that to Lombard station. (That's the closest to hotel, by my estimation anyway.) Then it's a slight walk. 2 and a half miles from the station to the hotel, and you're there! (http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Lombard&1s=IL&1a=9+South+Main+St.&2c=Lombard&2s=IL&2a=645+West+North+Ave+)

Looks like that fare will run $3.80, but come Saturday we can buy a pass for the entire weekend for $5. (Is that correct? That's what I'm getting from the site.) Even if we go into Chicago and come back that Saturday, it's probably the way to go. And then if you're headed back to Union station, just reverse!

On Sunday I plan on going back in Chicago and then Metra-ing up the Union Pacific North line to visit a friend. This is all handy. This whole Metra thing. Tell me you Chicago-ens use it all the time?

Peegee
07-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Can you bus takers please confirm whether you have my/Zach(Ouch!)'s cell phones? I don't want to lose track of EoFFers and start to worry.

Clouded Sky
07-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Yeah, I've got 'em both, and Joy has mine.

Blue Harvest
07-01-2008, 10:38 PM
I should say I'm going to Chicago just as an excuse to get Joy's number :tongue:

Jojee
07-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Or you can actually go to Chicago :p

Peegee
07-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Or you can actually go to Chicago :p

It's not too late! Quick, run!

edczxcvbnm
07-02-2008, 03:39 AM
Metra has a special holiday passes running the 3-4th for $5. You buy these on the train. They are good for any distance you want to ride and for as many rides as you want on the 3rd-4th.

The same thing applies for the 5th-6th.

If you don't want to purchase the awesome weekend pass then you need to buy your tickets ahead of time or else there is a $2 service charge on the train...in which case you will just buy the weekend/holiday pass.

What are we doing Friday?

Oh yeah. I take the metra EVERYDAY. I have a month-ride pass. Metra is only used by those out in the burbs. If you live in the city you take the CTA trains. Green, Red, Blue, Orange, Pink and Brown lines. They go all over the place.

Peegee
07-02-2008, 07:09 AM
Friday I expect that we will just talk, do something simple like watch tv, have dinner, and then go check out the town / go clubbing.

It's the 4th of July so there should be fireworks too. Let's check that out, then do something (fireworks should finish at 10pm -- still little early for clubbing)

edczxcvbnm
07-02-2008, 01:15 PM
In downtown Chicago the fireworks are on July 3rd.

Clouded Sky
07-02-2008, 02:18 PM
I was going to ask - I thought I heard that somewhere, maybe on the Taste website?

Bahamut2000X
07-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Can you bus takers please confirm whether you have my/Zach(Ouch!)'s cell phones? I don't want to lose track of EoFFers and start to worry.

Yeah I have it. As well as Joy's number. And I think I gave you my number as well but I can't remember. >.>

Jojee
07-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Oi, who's bringing a camera? xD I don't have one~

Peegee
07-02-2008, 03:40 PM
I have a camera. No worries.

Jojee
07-02-2008, 03:47 PM
I bet it's an azn camera >=\

I'm so bored, work is soooo long ;-;

Clouded Sky
07-02-2008, 03:59 PM
I never got Jojee's number. I guess I'll cry at work, which is long and boring.

I'll have a camera as well. And it will be fully charged.

Jojee
07-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Well I texted you but I guess you can't get texts or something xD

*cries at work first*

Clouded Sky
07-02-2008, 04:09 PM
That might explain things. AHAHAHA! Stalker.

Peegee
07-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Joy texted me from work. lol so bored you are xDD

Jojee
07-02-2008, 04:48 PM
oh yeaaaah enano is going, I forgot cos' he doesn't say anything >=[ Hi tell us your plans 'nano xD And gimme your # dammit!

Clouded Sky
07-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Yay! Jojee texted me while we were both at work. Hooray!

Chemical
07-02-2008, 08:42 PM
my house sitter is going to lanapalooza now so I might not be able to go.
we will see.

Awrini
07-03-2008, 12:09 AM
oh yeaaaah enano is going, I forgot cos' he doesn't say anything >=[ Hi tell us your plans 'nano xD And gimme your # dammit!

Hehe, you'll get it soon enough.

my house sitter is going to lanapalooza now so I might not be able to go.
we will see.

Oh no you don't! You're going and thats final!!!! *Orders*

Jojee
07-03-2008, 02:53 AM
you HAVE to go ashley! Don't leave me as the only girl :(

Peegee
07-03-2008, 06:11 PM
She's coming. Bonnie prob not : (

Ouch!
07-03-2008, 08:00 PM
I expect a telephone call to alert me as to when I should hop on the Metra to come down tomorrow. M'kay?

Peegee
07-03-2008, 09:23 PM
I expect a telephone call to alert me as to when I should hop on the Metra to come down tomorrow. M'kay?

Yes sir!

Chemical
07-04-2008, 12:31 AM
yeahhhh
I got my friend Herdy to take care of my cat.
So I'll go.
I guess.

;p

Awrini
07-04-2008, 01:39 AM
Bad news, something serious just came up and I'm no longer able to go. Have a good time for me though kk.

Bahamut2000X
07-04-2008, 02:27 AM
Bad news, something serious just came up and I'm no longer able to go. Have a good time for me though kk.

:(

Clouded Sky
07-04-2008, 06:01 AM
Packing right now, not sure if I'll be around tomorrow morning before I leave, so I suppose I'll see y'all tomorrow night!

Bahamut2000X
07-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Wooo final post before heading out. So I'll probably give you (PG) a ring when I arrive in Lombard and am making the trek up to the hotel.

Jojee
07-04-2008, 04:17 PM
So like. I just started my period. Prepare for lots of whining and bitching and crying and ;_; cramps. God damn, THIS MONTH it has to be on time.

Blue Harvest
07-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Good idea Peegee, post her number on a public forum where anyone can see it and use it for stalking purposes :rolleyes2

Peegee
07-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Except that Chemical posted that as me so she obv doesn't mind.

Seriously though. I practically begged for the phone #s. Now I'm hoping people make it to the hotel while we're around.

Zach/Ouch! already left for the hotel so... xD

And Akaria may be arriving; via airplane. I don't know what happened to her.

Akaria
07-04-2008, 11:51 PM
I kind of died slightly a little bit. Ouch called me when I was half asleep this morning, and I'm trying to get a way to come tomorrow, but I honestly can't say how that'll work out. If I do make it, I'll give Ouch a call and get a taxi or bus somewhere to meet up with you guys.

Jojee
07-05-2008, 12:54 AM
Hope you can make it :3 Steve and I will be heading to the hotel soon, we're chillin' at his house right now and by chillin' I'm like... popping pills. xD

Clouded Sky
07-05-2008, 09:40 AM
WE WENT INTO CHICAGO TONIGHT!

Chemical
07-05-2008, 02:20 PM
too bad there are like 0 places that are 19+
We'll have to go to D & Bs tonight I think for some late night arcade action

for now its on to cheap and most likely puke worthy, complimentary breakfast

Chemical
07-05-2008, 02:23 PM
OMG PG IS THE MOST AZN PERSON I EVER MET