PDA

View Full Version : Oh God! It's stuck in my foot!

Vermachtnis
05-06-2008, 12:14 AM
I just pulled an inch long splinter out of my foot. Yeaaowwwch! I probably should've waited for my dad to take out, cause now I'm missing some skin down there and it hurts to walk. So anyone else have something stuck in them lately?

leader of mortals
05-06-2008, 12:19 AM
So anyone else have something stuck in them lately?

wow... just wow

Psychotic
05-06-2008, 12:22 AM
The most recent splinter I had was a couple of years ago. This fibre type thing, about the width of a hair (but a bit thicker) got stuck in the top of one of my thumbs. And no matter what I tried, I couldn't get it out, so I had it stuck in there for two or three months. Eventually it just slipped out while I was rubbing it in the shower. (continuing the last sentence out-of-context dirtfest)

Rye
05-06-2008, 12:30 AM
The most recent splinter I had was a couple of years ago. This fibre type thing, about the width of a hair (but a bit thicker) got stuck in the top of one of my thumbs. And no matter what I tried, I couldn't get it out, so I had it stuck in there for two or three months. Eventually it just slipped out while I was rubbing it in the shower. (continuing the last sentence out-of-context dirtfest)

What else would you be rubbing, e-pal Paul? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I haven't had a splinter in a while. The last one I remember getting was YEARS ago when I was playing in the park as a kid. And it was on my butt, because I was wearing sweatpants or something. Ouch!

Levian
05-06-2008, 12:31 AM
I was reenacting the Lion King in the hallway when I stepped on a needle with my hands. I quickly picked it up and my hand filled with dark blood. Blood came gushing out so I used both hands so they'd take longer to fill. Then when my hands were all full I ran into the livingroom and said to my mom "Look! blood!"

Another time I got a splinter in my finger from a police boat. it stayed there until it was green. Then a red haired friend of mine sat on my hand and it hurt like hell and I screamed and he ran and hid under the table.

and in case my age wasn't obvious in the above two incidents, they both happened a couple of months ago.

rubah
05-06-2008, 12:59 AM
I had an 8 inch long piece of rusty hog wire stuck two inches in my foot when I was 9.

The next morning after it was cut out of my foot was excruciating. About as excruciating as when it was in before I got anaesthesia.

Peegee
05-06-2008, 01:03 AM
Oh man, if I find a splinter I rip it out of my foot. It's better to have a healing foot without splinter than a splinter trapped in there.

Incidentally, there is a piece of pencil lead in my hand
QQ soft

Tasura
05-06-2008, 04:51 AM
For some reason glass likes my feet, and it always manages to find it's way into my foot. And a couple months ago I woke up with a toothpick halfway into my side, it hurt like hell.

Relapse
05-06-2008, 10:05 AM
never had a splinter before, i wonder how it feels like.

Rye
05-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Attempting to guess how the mods will take my comment(s)... Must... resist... the inevitable... sexual innuendo...

YES, OH BY JOVE! YES I HAVE!

I love you, Nommy. xD

Big D
05-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Oh man, if I find a splinter I rip it out of my foot. It's better to have a healing foot without splinter than a splinter trapped in there.

Incidentally, there is a piece of pencil lead in my hand
QQ softIt's a good thing that pencil lead doesn't contain any actual lead...

I've had my share of splinters over the years, but nothing compares to the steel splinter I got in my thumb while working for some refrigeration engineers. It was a damn long shard of sharpened steel, covered in graphite grease. I pulled it out, but the tip broke off and was buried quite deep. I spent my lunch break trying to dig it out with a Stanley knife, to no avail. It sat there till I got home, and took about half an hour's work with warm water, a pin and some tweezers. Basically had to scrape through the layers of skin to expose it, then get a grip with the tweezers and lift it out. The lifting was the most painful part. It wasn't a terribly big splinter, but there's something peculiarly painful about having metal fragments under your skin. Especially when every side is about as sharp as a razor.

duckie
05-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Attempting to guess how the mods will take my comment(s)... Must... resist... the inevitable... sexual innuendo...

YES, OH BY JOVE! YES I HAVE!
OMG LOL
I was thinking the exact same thing.

rubah
05-06-2008, 02:29 PM
anyone else that feels they'll throw up if they finish reading the last half of dee-man's post?

Blue Harvest
05-06-2008, 03:14 PM
I can't recall the last time I had anything stuck inside me.

Old Manus
05-06-2008, 04:03 PM
I've got you under my skin

fire_of_avalon
05-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Crazy Big D story. :O

When I was 7 I stepped on a rusty nail and it went into my big toe. But it was a really little nail so I just yanked it out. Didn't get a tetanus shot either.

scrumpleberry
05-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Splinters. They never stay in for long. I will not leave them alone: I actually carve out the flesh around them rather than let them be, and I will do so, if for no other reason than that it's a scarily impulsive behavioural trait of mine xD

Oh God, I haet splinters.

Tallulah
05-06-2008, 10:44 PM
About a year ago, I got a metal splinter whilst at my cleaning job. I tried to get it out but couldn't, so I thought I'd put a plaster over it in the meantime. Unfortunately I left the tap running and flooded the cleaning closet, and spent half my shift cleaning up the mess I had made.

I had to suffer on my bike home, trying not to grip the handlebars, and I yanked it out with tweezers the second I got home.

Two weeks later, I quit my job. :p