PDA

View Full Version : let's talk about hair (not just the short kind)

rubah
05-06-2008, 03:44 AM
Lately, I have been going all girly and trying to figure out what to do with my hair.

I've had these chopsticks to put in it for almost two years now, and my friend even got me more for my birthday, and I've just now gotten to where I can use them effectively. I was inspired by a girl I went to tour NASA with, because she had butt long hair she put up with chopsticks, so i've been haunting how to sites and youtube videos, and I've finally gotten the hang of the half bun (half down, half bun), and today I managed to do a french twist that still hasn't come down (1 hr and counting)
http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/mes/frenchtwist.jpg

what fancy ways have you managed to do up your own hair?

Fonzie
05-06-2008, 03:48 AM
I just don't do anything with my hair.

DMKA
05-06-2008, 04:07 AM
I shave it off the moment it becomes visible.

Marshall Banana
05-06-2008, 04:29 AM
Pigtails are fancy enough for me! If I was queen of Naboo, I'd know impressive hairstyles to tell you about, though. =O

mooglebunni608
05-06-2008, 05:28 AM
My hair is too short! When it was just a bit longer I could do these little piggy-buns with clips, and then I tied voodoo-babies into them, but now it's too short ><

I really should stop cutting it ><

Namelessfengir
05-06-2008, 05:30 AM
i have had various hairstyles

nowadays since i have no money to get it cut so i just go with however it settles

in high school i had a presidents of the 10/20$ bill hair

when i was little i had duck hair (as in water proof, you could dump the water on my head and it would just stream off)

Breine
05-06-2008, 08:54 AM
I don't really do anything fancy with my hair, and I didn't use to do it when I had long hair either.

Ashi
05-06-2008, 09:09 AM
I have not done anything with my hair for well over six months. Last time was getting two semi-hidden strands coloured light while the rest of my hair was black.

Last week I woke up one morning and realized my hair reaches past the middle of my back.

Ouch!
05-06-2008, 09:11 AM
I let it grown down to my shoulders once, and put it in pigtails. Laughter and merriment was had by all.

Relapse
05-06-2008, 09:59 AM
spikey FTW.

smittenkitten
05-06-2008, 10:01 AM
I do lots of things with my hair. I either let it go curly naturally, straighten, put up in a messy bun, pleated pig tails, top half of my hair tied back and I sometimes pleat the top bit of my hair and leave the rest down. My mum taught us how to pleat hair. :)

Gogo
05-06-2008, 10:08 AM
I'm trying out that Mad Yunalesca look.

Rye
05-06-2008, 11:09 AM
I love my hair. I like pigtails, and letting it be curly one day, letting it be straight the next day, and putting it up sometimes in a ponytail, and braiding it another time. :bigsmile:

My boyfriend's hair in pigtails is the cutest thing.

rubah
05-06-2008, 01:04 PM
The most I've ever done with it is put in braids with some beads and feathers whilst wearing a bandanna. I look like a Gothic hippie when doing this, if you can imagine such a thing.
it makes me think more native american, actually!

I need to learn how to do french braids now.

KentaRawr!
05-06-2008, 01:41 PM
I normally just brush it downward, but I'm thinking of putting it into a ponytail as it gets longer.

duckie
05-06-2008, 01:53 PM
I usually just put my hair in a ponytail because I'm too lazy to do anything to it. But for prom, I got it done at a salon. It looked like this:
<a href="http://columbusbrideandgroom.com/images/hairmain2.jpg">Pretty Hairstyle</a>

Balzac
05-06-2008, 02:20 PM
I tie mine up into a pony tail, I'm too lazy to be bothered to do anything with it.

rubah
05-06-2008, 02:26 PM
I saw a guy today whose hair would've reached his butt if he would stand or sit up straight. I hadn't really seen a guy with hair that long IRL before.

Jessweeee♪
05-06-2008, 02:30 PM
I don't do anything with it. It just sits there, parted in the middle, boring. I don't put it up because it makes my face look weird. I've never ever cut it in any style, I've just had it shortened!

I'm gonna get it cut this weekend, though...I'm thinking that layery look that Jennifer Anniston used to have :p

Blue Harvest
05-06-2008, 03:11 PM
All I do to mine is brush it. Still a mess though. I'm seriously starting to consider cutting it.

Jess
05-06-2008, 04:00 PM
It depends what mood I'm in/how much time I have to get ready. I'll wear my hair down straight/natural (messy waves and curls)/curly. Or I might wear it up in a ponytail, bun or a messy bun. Or pigtails, or plaited pigtails! It varies. :jess:

Zeldy
05-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Usually, my hair is straight straight straight, which I achieve by heavily straightening it with my GHD's. Leaving it natural isn't an option, as I have very thick, frizzy wavy hair that just looks terrible and scruffy.

I've started to curl it with my straighteners (like in that latest photo in the Photo thread) so I do that a lot more regularly now. I should start wearing my hair up, as when I do I get a lot of compliments. I sometimes have my hair in wrinklets, but that's only sometimes xD

I really need to sort out how to have my hair for the prom (or 'Leaver's do' as we call it over here). With my dress, I originally planned to have it up, but then my Mum changed her mind and said it'd look nice down too. So I really don't know, I don't want it curly though, as all of 1363774 thousand girls do that for prom. BOR-ING.

Sergeant Hartman
05-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Or pigtails, or plaited pigtails!
*faints*

Marshall Banana
05-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Or pigtails, or plaited pigtails! It varies. :jess:
Pictures? =O

scrumpleberry
05-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Messily bunned or clipped up, or half-bunned or clipped up tends to be the extent of it. Ponytails/half-ponytails/clipped in a half ponytail if neccessarry. Plaits looks absolutely awful on me. Low or high bunches work but I haven't worn them since I was, like, 10. I have straighteners but I suck at using them because I'm not patient enough. I wish I used them properly, because I'd love to curl my hair once in a while.

You know what? I'm going to put it in bunches now.