PDA

View Full Version : Brisingr!!!

Cloud88
05-06-2008, 09:12 PM
So, anyway, I had a quick look about this on the old Inter-Web and its rekindled the love I had for Eragon in the first place. Has anybody else read Eragon/Eldest? Seen the film/played the game? (Although the film and game doesn't do the books justice.) What did you think? Are you as expectant as I am for the third book, Brisingr? Cos, lemme tell ya, I'm pretty darned excited about it. And then the fourth will be ages away......

Anyway, the release date for Brisingr is September 15th (I think). Anyone?

Breine
05-06-2008, 09:39 PM
I've never read any of the books, but I've seen the movie.. and I must admit that I didn't really think it was that good. It was maybe mediocre at best. For some reason I do remember that the baby dragon was cute, though :greenie:

Flying Mullet
05-06-2008, 09:44 PM
I've read the first two and I thought they were a fun read. I thought it was only going to be a trilogy. Where did you hear there will be a fourth one?

Cloud88
05-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Its on the website, I think. I looked it up there yesterday. Go to alagaesia.com (I think that's how to spell it) and basically they explain that the 3rd book is too long to fit into one book, so there's going to be a fourth. So its the Inheritance Cycle now, not the Inheritance Trilogy. And on the cover there is a green dragon apparently. So I wonder who gets it? And the 7 words Brom gave Eragon in the ancient language will be revealed and some of Angela's and Solembums prophesy. Its gonna be great.

And mediocre is a fairly good summation of the film Breine. You should read the books if you thought that the film had some potential.

I Don't Need A Name
05-06-2008, 10:47 PM
yeah, Paolini realised theres to much to write for 1
im quite looking forward to this yeah
im glad they never decided on an Eldest movie though

I Took the Red Pill
05-07-2008, 03:24 AM
I loved the first one. There was a pretty sizable gap between reading the first and the second, and in this gap I read a lot of classic novels and shiet, so by the time I got around to reading Eldest, it seemed horribly amateur in its writing. But hell, it was still a fun, simple read, a la Harry Potter. I'll be looking forward to the next two books.

Fonzie
05-07-2008, 03:31 AM
Can't wait for the new one, since the first two were pretty good.

~*~Celes~*~
05-07-2008, 03:50 AM
I AM SOOO EXCITED ABOUT THE THIRD BOOK :bigsmile:

However, when it comes out, I'll be in England, so I won't be able to get it until after you USers :(

Breine
05-07-2008, 08:36 AM
And mediocre is a fairly good summation of the film Breine. You should read the books if you thought that the film had some potential.

Maybe I'll read the books some day.. who knows.

Værn
05-08-2008, 03:33 AM
They could've made the movie so much better than it was. They cut out soooo many important things...
...like Brom teaching Eragon how to READ; I think that's kind of important.

Namelessfengir
05-08-2008, 04:12 AM
i saw the movie it sucked. lil sister liked it but i dont hold too much stock in her opinion