PDA

View Full Version : New X-Men Cartoon!

Calliope
05-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Watch the trailer here (http://marvel.com/news/moviestories.3499?bcpid=1534576510&bctid=1539906042).

Wolverine is overrated, as usual, but if it results in Gambit/Nightcrawler/White Queen awesomeness, then sign me up.

I miss the original style though. It's a shame things have become progressively more anime-y (sup x-men evolution?), although at least they have the old costume styles.

Ororo-ro-ro, get a haircut.

edczxcvbnm
05-07-2008, 01:34 PM
I agree...90s X-Men for the win?

Ouch!
05-07-2008, 02:22 PM
You weren't kidding when you said Wolverine was over-rated. D=

Roto13
05-07-2008, 03:36 PM
I was going to say that Wolverine is too awesome to ever be overrated, but the show is called "Wolverine and the X-Men." xD It doesn't look very good, honestly. I'll never be able to tolerate Wolverine with a voice that isn't his 90s voice. xP That was perfect.

edczxcvbnm
05-07-2008, 06:23 PM
I just watched the opening part of the trailer XD OMG this is bad XD The 90s was no master piece at all but at least it didn't look just laughable XD

snacks
05-07-2008, 07:05 PM
......they can't do this to me.

Dreddz
05-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Why the hell did they turn Xavier into Zordon from the Power Rangers? This honestly just looks like any cartoon you find on TV these days. I guess they had crap on the agenda when making this.

Bunny
05-07-2008, 08:21 PM
BECAUSE ZORDON WAS AMAZING

Dreddz
05-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Not saying he wasnt.

I Don't Need A Name
05-07-2008, 08:59 PM
well, cyclops always has and will be the leader in my eyes
im chuffed they put Kitty into it
the voices suck but it seems ok

DMKA
05-08-2008, 02:08 AM
Wow, the character designs AND the dialog are terrible.

Del Murder
05-08-2008, 03:07 AM
Hm, I'll give it a shot. I do like me some X-Men.

Captain Maxx Power
05-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Boo change! How dare they attempt to appeal to the current children's market. It's us 25~30 year olds they should be concerning themselves with.

Proxy
05-08-2008, 04:22 PM
I agree...90s X-Men for the win?
i wish they had it on dvd :(

this new one doesn't look too bad. but...why Wolverine? I mean cool guy...but Scott? Storm?

El Bandito
05-09-2008, 12:50 AM
I'll give it a shot. I'm not feeling Wolverine as the main protagonist, but having Domino, Forge, Wolfsbane, Polaris and other fun minor mutants in the trailer has kept me interested.

Besides, nothing will ever top the 90's X-Men cartoon so it would be silly to expect this to.

Roto13
05-09-2008, 01:05 AM
Wolverine is, like, the opposite of a leader.

Del Murder
05-09-2008, 02:13 AM
Wolverine as the leader makes Cyclops irrelevant. Why is he even in the show?

Avarice-ness
05-09-2008, 02:24 AM
Wolverine as the leader makes Cyclops irrelevant. Why is he even in the show?

I think at this point, Wolverine is aimed to make EVERYONE and EVERYTHING irrelevant.

Essentially, the show can prolly progress on just what Wolverine does alone without any input from any other characters, then again that would be called "Wolverine: The Show"

As sad as it sounds, I never really liked him. Now I have a reason to dislike him more.

Roto13
05-09-2008, 04:15 AM
If they want to make a Wolverine show, they should do it. He has his own comic series!

DMKA
05-09-2008, 04:22 AM
If they want to make a Wolverine show, they should do it. He has his own comic series!

And his own video game. And soon his own major motion picture.

Don't get me wrong, I love Wolverine. I just think this series looks like crap and the premise is terrible. And this is coming from someone who loved X-Men Evolution. x]

Dolentrean
05-09-2008, 04:55 AM
I think they should have more media revolving around Ultimate-verse personally.

I don't expect much, but I will give it a shot, hell, at least it has Gambit.

CimminyCricket
05-09-2008, 05:20 AM
X-MEN: Evolution wasn't that bad, but this looks terrible.

Roto13
05-09-2008, 05:23 AM

A whole bunch of yes. There's an Ultimate Spider-Man game and two animated movies based on The Ultimates. That's not enough. D:

Dolentrean
05-09-2008, 08:08 AM

A whole bunch of yes. There's an Ultimate Spider-Man game and two animated movies based on The Ultimates. That's not enough. D:

I played Ultimate Spider-Man and I loved it, but I haven't seen The Ultimates movies, I should check them out. I was so glad that they used the ultimate version of Nick Fury for the end of Iron Man

Oh yah, the topic...

New X-men cartoon... pfft, Wolverine... how about that. :shifty:

Calliope
05-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Hank McCoy for president!

Blue Harvest
05-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Am I the only one who hated the 90's series?

This new one looks pretty good. I for one will definitely watch it, although I doubt I'll enjoy it was much was Evolution. That was win imo.

DMKA
05-09-2008, 01:33 PM

I didn't hate it by any means, but I did try to watch it after having not seen it for a good ten or so years and I couldn't believe how ugly it was and how bad animation it had. I recall watching it all the time as a kid though.

Roto13
05-09-2008, 04:09 PM

I didn't hate it by any means, but I did try to watch it after having not seen it for a good ten or so years and I couldn't believe how ugly it was and how bad animation it had. I recall watching it all the time as a kid though.

This. :P And the voice acting was pretty cheesy a lot of the time.

I remember the episode where Magneto was trying to launch a bunch of missiles from this army base. When the soldiers realized they had lost control of them, one of them was like "O NOES! TEH MIZZILEZ" and started randomly poking at his keyboard with two fingers. Awesome.

I have the whole thing on my hard drive. xD

Roogle
05-09-2008, 08:19 PM

I thought that the 90's Series was the best that it could be at the time. I watched the entire series about a month or two ago and I could see some obvious censoring of the storyline, dialogue, and other things, so I can see why it would not appeal to fan of the comic books or the franchise.

White Raven
05-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Personally, I don't think the cartoon looks as terrible as other ones currently polluting the airways. They may be over-hyping Wolverine in order to ensure that the upcoming movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine will be a success.

The plot seems iffy, and I'd love if Marvel just did a direct cartoon to the Cival War arc that's currently going on in Marvel. :)

I'm still gonna watch this version tho, but I still think the 90's cartoon FTW.

:)

PS: The voice actor that does Magneto's voice in this cartoon is the same one that does Xavier's in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.

Roto13
05-14-2008, 03:42 PM
The plot seems iffy, and I'd love if Marvel just did a direct cartoon to the Cival War arc that's currently going on in Marvel. :)

That ended last year. :P It'd make an awesome cartoon, but you'd probably have to know a lot of the backstory to make any sense out of it. Though I suppose they could write around that.

Slothy
05-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Wolverine is, like, the opposite of a leader.

Wolverine actually works pretty well as a leader, he just has issues following other peoples orders.

Like others I think the 90's cartoon was pretty much perfect. This, much like X-Men Evolution, looks like it will have terrible voice acting, and animation. I think the story could go either way, but given how few cartoons these days treat their audience like they can handle well written stories with some maturity to them, I doubt it will be very good.