PDA

View Full Version : Where in the world?

duckie
05-07-2008, 01:26 PM
For a web design project at school, I have to pick a destination for my dream vacation. I chose Kyoto, Japan, the original capital of Japan, during the spring when the cherry blossoms will be in bloom.

So I was wondering: if you could pick anywhere to go in the whole world, where would it be and why?

Bahamut2000X
05-07-2008, 02:51 PM
I was hoping for a Carmen Sandiago themed thread....I was sadly mistaken. :(

But I would go anywhere that's warm and not Ohio. Probably Japan.

Ouch!
05-07-2008, 02:53 PM
I'd go to Miami to--oh wait.

Citizen Bleys
05-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Kharkiv, Ukraine. Not just because of my fascination with mine adoptive mother country--Kharkiv primarily a Russian-speaking city, not Ukrainian, but also so I could get a chance to see Traff!c and/or ТонкаяКраснаяНит play live. The Halifax music scene doesn't interest me since the breakup of Arlibido and the unexplained disappearance of Shyne Factory, but the Kharkiv scene is almost as good, just...very different.

Gogo
05-07-2008, 03:22 PM
did anyone else think about Rocket Edge after reading bley's post? xD He used the name Traffic for a while! but he's not ukrainian I don't think xD

Citizen Bleys
05-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Traff!c has a female vocalist, so no.

Namelessfengir
05-07-2008, 06:34 PM
i was going to say japan but theres going to be too many of you guys there so scratch kyoto, tokyo.... maybe the beaches of Okinawa

Balzac
05-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Vancouver, Canada.

Madame Adequate
05-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Capital of the Universe, New York City!

That, or Chan Chan. Or Easter Island.

Aerith's Knight
05-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Same as you, Japan and the cherry blossoms.. do all the touristy stuff youknow..

visit the shrines, look at the cherry blossoms, go to a summer fair, have a baby with a local, etc..

youknow, the usual :)

Akaria
05-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Japan or Maui. Japan for reasons already mentioned, and Maui because it's soooo beautiful...My family and I have gone three times already, but it never gets old. The weather is always perfect, not a cloud in the sky, the water is pure blue...:heart:

*Fun fact!* Final Fantasy VIII is my summer game. Summer rolls around, and I get an unbearable urge to play it, and I simply cannot play it in the winter. In Maui, I would listen to the in game music as I laid in the sun (shut up) and drift between conscious and unconscious. Now every time I think about anything FFVIII, I feel sunny and happy inside:) */Fun fact!*

Aerith's Knight
05-07-2008, 08:07 PM
I would listen to the in game music as I laid in the sun (shut up) and drift between conscious and unconscious. *

Why is that wrong? FF has some beautiful music, i listen to it all the time.

Akaria
05-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Yeah, but I tried telling that to some of my friends (most of them gamer friends because I thought they'd understand) and I got blank looks and statements of "......Wow."

Thank you though, AK, for agreeing with me:bigsmile:

Araciel
05-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Canada.

Jings
05-07-2008, 08:53 PM
I'd choose New York City, I'm going in September and I can't wait.

Avarice-ness
05-07-2008, 09:12 PM
I'd go to Dubai.

Not only does my dad live there, but it's one of the richest resort places in the world. Like a first choice destination of the celebs and people with enough money to afford such a place.

Not to mention, the waters are beautiful and the place is just.. awesome.

Akaria
05-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Oh, that's right, Dubai's getting crazy!! They talk about it a lot on Diggnation; aren't they planning on building the tallest building in the world or something? I also heard about the first space station being located there o_o Don't quote me though, I'm not completely sure on any of this:p

Tallulah
05-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Amsterdam to, y'know, smoke up... :D

Seriously, New York for the shopping, and Australia for the scenery. And also Hong Kong. :)

Quindiana Jones
05-07-2008, 11:33 PM
I already wrote an A* grade essay for this. But it was by hand, so none of you will get to read it.

Avarice-ness
05-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Oh, that's right, Dubai's getting crazy!! They talk about it a lot on Diggnation; aren't they planning on building the tallest building in the world or something? I also heard about the first space station being located there o_o Don't quote me though, I'm not completely sure on any of this:p

They are building the worlds tallest building, and then there is this one tower under construction that has like individual rotating floors. Here's some fun concept art of the tower! :D

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g89/crimsonh2o/dubai_rotating_building_1_sm.jpg

Jess
05-07-2008, 11:37 PM
I would love to go to Barbados or the Bahamas. :love:

Akaria
05-08-2008, 01:41 AM
They are building the worlds tallest building, and then there is this one tower under construction that has like individual rotating floors. Here's some fun concept art of the tower! :D

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g89/crimsonh2o/dubai_rotating_building_1_sm.jpg
UM WHAT. That is freaking insane. I'm moving to Dubai, and that is that:whoa: Wouldn't you maybe get motion sick though, with the floor itself moving?:confused:

Vermachtnis
05-08-2008, 01:48 AM
It's cliche, but I wanna go to Paris. Mostly for the art museums.

Miriel
05-08-2008, 02:01 AM
Dubai is just absolutely nuts. It's like the city of the *~FUTURE~*.

If I could chose one place in the world, it'd probably be San Diego, CA. Great weather, amazing beaches, friendly laid back communities, great food scene, etc. What more could you want?

Avarice-ness
05-08-2008, 02:13 AM
UM WHAT. That is freaking insane. I'm moving to Dubai, and that is that:whoa: Wouldn't you maybe get motion sick though, with the floor itself moving?:confused:

Not really, they have a tower in san antonio that is like.. WAY off the ground and the whole floor rotates. It's basically a resturant, but the floor turns so slowly that you only notice because the scenery is changing other than that, you don't feel it what so ever. I'd imagine the same idea would be taken into consideration for this mega-tower.

If I could chose one place in the world, it'd probably be San Diego, CA. Great weather, amazing beaches, friendly laid back communities, great food scene, etc. What more could you want?

My cousin lived in San Diego for a while, and totally loved it. From what she's said, it's one of the best places she's ever been and will ever be.

Caraliz
05-08-2008, 03:16 AM
amsterdam. new zealand. :love:

Aerith's Knight
05-08-2008, 04:43 AM

Amsterdam aint that great, unless you like hookers, weed and history. id rather go to new zeeland myself, but then again, i live in the netherlands.

Relapse
05-08-2008, 04:48 AM
japan/u.s./aus/england/etc. just any country that is far, far away from the equator.

Roto13
05-08-2008, 04:52 AM
Vancouver, Canada.
Lived there. The only real redeeming feature is Agrias.

Dubai is a city for people to flaunt how rich they are. Take a look at the hotel rooms and stuff. More money than taste, imo.

Avarice-ness
05-08-2008, 05:13 AM
Vancouver, Canada.
Lived there. The only real redeeming feature is Agrias.

Dubai is a city for people to flaunt how rich they are. Take a look at the hotel rooms and stuff. More money than taste, imo.

You mean, THIS HOTEL?
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g89/crimsonh2o/36274555-65B8-F7F7-56616F6025E9A3EB.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g89/crimsonh2o/68187BB4-65B8-F7F7-5D3DC92888328F58.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g89/crimsonh2o/BurjAlArab3.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g89/crimsonh2o/burj-al-arab.jpg

Mind you, the Burj Al Arab is the ONLY SEVEN STAR hotel in the world.
My dad said that he wanted to check it out, but if you're not staying you actually have to pay about 300$ per person just to walk in and look around.

I'd sell my soul to the devil just to be able to stay in the Royal suite for a couple of days.

Roto13
05-08-2008, 05:21 AM
See, those hotel rooms look ridiculous. It's like they went "Hey, that stuff is expensive! Buy it and stick it in one of the rooms! All of the blue stuff goes in this one and the red stuff goes in that one!"

DMKA
05-08-2008, 05:53 AM
Kubaria

duckie
05-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Amsterdam to, y'know, smoke up... :D

LOL

Levian
05-08-2008, 12:43 PM
I was looking through Google Earth and stumbled upon some small islands in the freakin' middle of the atlantic ocean. I was starting to wonder if I was the first person to discover these islands, in which case I'd call them The Levonites, but apparently they're called the azores or something. Looks pretty sweet there too.

duckie
05-08-2008, 12:46 PM
I think it'd be sweet to go to an island, too. Like, if I had a katrillion dollars, I'd buy my own island. They actually have a website for that:
Islands for Sale, Real Estate, Private Islands (http://www.privateislandsonline.com/)

Aerith's Knight
05-08-2008, 03:15 PM
If you want to go to an island for a reasonable price, visit the Canarian islands. You can stay for 15 days for $600-1000, depending on how picky you are. That is plane ticket included.

Avarice-ness
05-08-2008, 04:03 PM
I think it'd be sweet to go to an island, too. Like, if I had a katrillion dollars, I'd buy my own island. They actually have a website for that:
Islands for Sale, Real Estate, Private Islands (http://www.privateislandsonline.com/)

In Dubai they have a multiple island place that's shaped like the world that you can actually buy and it's basically like owning your own mini country you chose off the map. XD

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g89/crimsonh2o/the_world_dubai.jpg

If I could EVER own all the islands, I'd invite all my friends over to them and we'd have the most epic game of RISK to ever be played.

Aerith's Knight
05-08-2008, 04:13 PM
I want to be the netherlands =D

Nobody knows where it is, so i would secretly rule the world(the tiny one) from there :shifty:

escobert
05-08-2008, 04:21 PM

Amsterdam aint that great, unless you like hookers, weed and history. id rather go to new zeeland myself, but then again, i live in the netherlands.

I loved Amsterdam :p
weed and history are ace ;)
New Zealand was wonderful and I can't wait to go back :p
traveling with Liz shall be fun :D

Dreddz
05-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Anywhere in southern Europe. Weathers good all year round and not an unattractive person in sight.

Im going this summer! Ive already been to Rotterdam which is kinda like Amsterdam but the weed is a little more detrimental and the chicks a little skankier. Still hard to not have a good time though.

escobert
05-08-2008, 04:56 PM
I spent a couple days in Amsterdam then we stayed in Harlem just outside the city. I love it there. Of course I enjoyed most of Europe :p

Aerith's Knight
05-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Anywhere in southern Europe. Weathers good all year round and not an unattractive person in sight.

Im going this summer! Ive already been to Rotterdam which is kinda like Amsterdam but the weed is a little more detrimental and the chicks a little skankier. Still hard to not have a good time though.

You went to Rotterdam?! weird dude..

if you go, go to Amsterdam, Utrecht or somewhere near the sea, like Scheveningen.

Chunk
05-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Would have to say Costa Rica... Specifically the Pacific side.

Not much of those Super trendy 40 story resort type thingys.

Cheers!

Dynast-Kid
05-09-2008, 02:52 AM
Wow, um, Dubai sounds freaking amazing! Definitely wanna go there someday! *fantasizes*

I'd love to visit Italy, Morocco, Greece, and Turkey someday. Those places are just so gorgeous, with so much history and pretty architecture! The Meditteranean rocks!

I'd also like to visit Tokyo though (like everyone else on the Internets). It's such a quirky little place, I love it!

Miriel
05-09-2008, 03:42 AM
In Dubai they have a multiple island place that's shaped like the world that you can actually buy and it's basically like owning your own mini country you chose off the map. XD

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g89/crimsonh2o/the_world_dubai.jpg

If I could EVER own all the islands, I'd invite all my friends over to them and we'd have the most epic game of RISK to ever be played.That is amazing. I want one!

duckie
05-09-2008, 12:22 PM
If I could EVER own all the islands, I'd invite all my friends over to them and we'd have the most epic game of RISK to ever be played.

That would be amazing. And definitely EPIC

Caraliz
05-10-2008, 06:13 AM
traveling with Liz shall be fun :D
i can't wait for our first trip. :greenie:

The Unknown Guru
05-10-2008, 07:09 PM
For a web design project at school, I have to pick a destination for my dream vacation. I chose Kyoto, Japan, the original capital of Japan, during the spring when the cherry blossoms will be in bloom.

So I was wondering: if you could pick anywhere to go in the whole world, where would it be and why?

Holy crap. When I saw the title of this thread, I thought, "Kyoto. No contest." Good taste in vacation spots. :beer:

Jiro
05-14-2008, 04:37 AM
Japan, anywhere really. I'm not picky. Dubai is insanely expensive, and it doesn't even seem that nice a place to go

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Canada to live with my sister.

/end

Rantz
05-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Iceland is at the top of my list right now. Wouldn't mind Alaska, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Africa (don't know which country), Spain, Portugal, somewhere in South America (perhaps Paraguay or Amazonas) or US either. The list expands exponentially :freak: