PDA

View Full Version : The Final Battle

Madame Adequate
05-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Mommy just placed the pizza order so we should be getting some very soon. How delightful!

It will be delicious Chicago style pizza. This means it will have a nice, thick base, instead of being some ingredients on a slice of cardboard, which is how they do it in New York.

Let us discuss how superior thick pizza is over thin pizza. :bigsmile:

Edit: I can see your poll answers and you are being judged.

Tavrobel
05-07-2008, 07:08 PM
More pizza means more for dipping. Can do.

Psychotic
05-07-2008, 07:09 PM
I don't really notice the difference. Pizza is pizza. It's all good.

Rye
05-07-2008, 07:10 PM
You...

Okay, thick pizza is disgusting and soggy and has terrible flavors. A thin New York style pizza is crispy and delicious. No one does pizza better than New York, except perhaps the motherland itself, ie: Italy. I've had pizza there when I was there, it's true, but I still prefer NY style pizza ever so slightly. And you know what the pizza was like in Italy, the motherland of pizza? Thin crust.

Thin Crust. It's tastier, cruchier, and the sauce isn't overdone.

Thick pizza is an abomination to our greasy haired traditions.

:kaoangry: :kaoangry: :kaoangry:

Madame Adequate
05-07-2008, 07:13 PM
... the very fact that you think pizza should be crunchy highlights how utterly wrong and sick you are. :kaoangry:

Tavrobel: :kaoclove:

Paulie Psyduck: I can get behind that. I don't MIND thin pizza, it's just so... thin. You can eat like four of the things and it's like a single bar of candy. They are practically ephemeral!

Rye
05-07-2008, 07:14 PM
:kaofight:

Your thin pizza is probably bad only because it's made in Limey Land. Come to the US (and I mean the Real US, not the R.O.I), and try our pizza, and you'll be convinced. :kaoclove:

Balzac
05-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Even bad pizza is good.

Madame Adequate
05-07-2008, 07:17 PM
:kaofight:

Your thin pizza is probably bad only because it's made in Limey Land. Come to the US (and I mean the Real US, not the R.O.I), and try our pizza, and you'll be convinced. :kaoclove:

I've BEEN to the US and had fantastically good thin pizza. I mean your THIN pizza is as good as our THICK pizza is. And then I had your thick pizza and it was omgorgasmdeath.

Tavrobel
05-07-2008, 07:19 PM

Woah, sauce is a bad thing? I guess I should stop eating it with tomato sauce. Now I just have bread with cheese.

Maybe you should get some of the grease out of your hair and into my pizza, woman. Clogged arteries is a sign of living life.

... the very fact that you think pizza should be crunchy highlights how utterly wrong and sick you are. :kaoangry:

It's okay if it's crunchy, there just needs to be a lot of it. IMHO, Papa John's has like, the world's greatest balance of both ever, at least in my area it does.

Speaking of which, I had pizza last night. It was delicious, and there was plenty of it!

Cz
05-07-2008, 07:22 PM
All pizza is fantastic. To champion one base over the other would be a senseless insult to the most splendid of foodstuffs.

Rye
05-07-2008, 07:23 PM
No, Tavvy Tav, sauce is good. But there shouldn't be so much that it makes a pizza soggy. That's vile. It needs to be a good balance between sauce and bread and cheese. Of course, you can get away with extra cheese, that's good. <3

rubah
05-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Eureka Pizza (http://www.eurekapizza.com/)

Old Manus
05-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Thin pizza is Italian, the yanks invented thick pizza.

XxSephirothxX
05-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Chicago style is the superior form of pizza.

Sergeant Hartman
05-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Thin pizza beats thick pizza any day.

Bowser
05-07-2008, 07:42 PM
You can't fold thick pizza

Jess
05-07-2008, 07:46 PM
I like both, but I think I prefer deep pan. :jess:

Madame Adequate
05-07-2008, 07:48 PM
I like both, but I think I prefer deep pan. :jess:

Attagirl :jess:

Jess
05-07-2008, 07:52 PM
No pineapple on my pizza and I'm a happy lady.

Dolentrean
05-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Thick Pizza is supperior, anyone who disagrees is obviously and evil psycopath bent on destroying the world as we know it!

I'm not exactly sure why... but I am pretty sure thats the way it is.

Vermachtnis
05-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Thin pizza with just pepporoni. Too much toppings are annoying.

Shauna
05-07-2008, 08:06 PM
I had some thin base pizza last night. It was good. Although, there is nothing quite like a slice of pizza with a nice thick base. There's just so much more to eating it!

smittenkitten
05-07-2008, 08:15 PM
I'll have a thin and crispy, chicken and pineapple pizza please. :heart:

Miriel
05-07-2008, 08:16 PM
I consider deep dish "pizza" to be more of a derivation of pizza than a REAL pizza. It may be great and yummy and delicious, but I think it's a distinctly different culinary treat that the traditional thin crust pizza.

The definition of a pizza is a flat bread surface with various toppings and sauces. That's what a pizza is. You can't say deep dish pizzas are the better PIZZA, because it's more of a derivation than the real deal. That's like saying a Calzone is a better pizza than traditional thin crust pizza. The tastes may be similar (Pizza, deep dish, and calzone all use the same ingredients) but due to texture and structure, they're all distinctly different.

I've only ever tried deep dish at some chain restaurants, so i can't say for sure whether taste wise, it's better than an authentic New York style pizza because I've never had the real deal. All I know is that I have tried authentic New York style pizza and it was glorious. What's this talk about cardboard? Are you people eating at Pizza hut or Dominos only? If you want the real experience of truly amazing thin crust pizza, go find yourself a real pizzeria with wood burning ovens and an Italian family running the business.

Bunny
05-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Pretty sure pizza isn't an Italian creation but I've been wrong once or twice before. I prefer thin crust pizza because I can eat more of it and it tastes better. Crispy > Soggy.

Rye
05-07-2008, 08:18 PM
What's this talk about cardboard? Are you people eating at Pizza hut or Dominos only? If you want the real experience of truly amazing thin crust pizza, go find yourself a real pizzeria with wood burning ovens and an Italian family running the business.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. <3

And also, thanks for touching on Pizza Hut/Domino type of pizza. I agree, that's not real pizza. It's decently yummy, sometimes, but it's not authentic, by any means.

Madame Adequate
05-07-2008, 08:19 PM
I consider deep dish "pizza" to be more of a derivation of pizza than a REAL pizza. It may be great and yummy and delicious, but I think it's a distinctly different culinary treat that the traditional thin crust pizza.

The definition of a pizza is a flat bread surface with various toppings and sauces. That's what a pizza is. You can't say deep dish pizzas are the better PIZZA, because it's more of a derivation than the real deal. That's like saying a Calzone is a better pizza than traditional thin crust pizza. The tastes may be similar (Pizza, deep dish, and calzone all use the same ingredients) but due to texture and structure, they're all distinctly different.

I've only ever tried deep dish at some chain restaurants, so i can't say for sure whether taste wise, it's better than an authentic New York style pizza because I've never had the real deal. All I know is that I have tried authentic New York style pizza and it was glorious. What's this talk about cardboard? Are you people eating at Pizza hut or Dominos only? If you want the real experience of truly amazing thin crust pizza, go find yourself a real pizzeria with wood burning ovens and an Italian family running the business.

This is the most amazing pedantry I have ever come across. And it is an admission that thick pizza is better :jess: Otherwise you wouldn't be seeking to redefine it as not-pizza!

As for the Mafia, I'll keep my knees thanks.

Marshall Banana
05-07-2008, 08:26 PM
I can't eat pizza, if it's thin and crunchy. I'll toss it away.

I haven't eaten a pizza that doesn't have ham and pineapple on it in a year! When Jeremy first told me about ham and pineapple pizza, I thought it would taste bad; but after I took a bite of it, ham and pineapple became my favorite toppings. =O

Momiji
05-07-2008, 08:41 PM

I haven't eaten a pizza that doesn't have ham and pineapple on it in a year! When Jeremy first told me about ham and pineapple pizza, I thought it would taste bad; but after I took a bite of it, ham and pineapple became my favorite toppings. =O

I know! I used to dislike it too, but recently I got the barbecue Hawaiian pizza at Pizza Hut the other day and it was wonderful. :D

Roto13
05-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Mommy? ;>_>

scrumpleberry
05-07-2008, 09:17 PM
You...

Okay, thick pizza is disgusting and soggy and has terrible flavors. A thin New York style pizza is crispy and delicious. No one does pizza better than New York, except perhaps the motherland itself, ie: Italy. I've had pizza there when I was there, it's true, but I still prefer NY style pizza ever so slightly. And you know what the pizza was like in Italy, the motherland of pizza? Thin crust.

Thin Crust. It's tastier, cruchier, and the sauce isn't overdone.

:kaoangry: :kaoangry: :kaoangry:

Truth. :kaoclove:

Side topic: eating pizza. With cutlery. When you can't cut it. Am I the only one annoyed by this?

Also, calzone is moste delishcush.

Quindiana Jones
05-07-2008, 09:24 PM
I don't care as long as in ends up in mah belly.

Aerith's Knight
05-07-2008, 09:52 PM
Thin cheese pizza with extra sauce..

*gurgels*

Polaris
05-07-2008, 10:03 PM
I like everything thick :bigsmile:

Breine
05-07-2008, 10:06 PM
I like everything thick :bigsmile:

Is that so? :bigsmile:

Anywayz, I dig and kinda prefer thick pizzas.. thin pizzas also are very tasty, though. At the end of the day I guess it depends on my mood.

Heath
05-07-2008, 10:26 PM
I prefer deep pan but I've had some nice thin based pizzas. I think it's just more filling and generally more enjoyable to eat. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't had nice pizzas of both variety though. Thick base for me though.

qwertysaur
05-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Thin pizza from a wood burning oven. You can't beat that.

Miriel
05-07-2008, 11:23 PM
This is the most amazing pedantry I have ever come across. And it is an admission that thick pizza is better :jess: Otherwise you wouldn't be seeking to redefine it as not-pizza!

As for the Mafia, I'll keep my knees thanks.

Redefine? No. Claiming that a deep dish "pizza" is a pizza is redefining the definition of pizza. Deep dish is deep dish. Calzone is calzone. Pizza is pizza. Deep dish is known as "Deep Dish Pizza" or "Chicago style" and Calzones are known as "folded pizza" But they're three different things. And the best PIZZA will always be thin crust, wood oven baked, topped with homemade meatballs, basil and fresh tomatoes.

You can use fettuccine and put it in tomato sauce with meatballs and call it "spaghetti" and it might taste exactly the same, but unless you use spaghetti noodles, it's NOT spaghetti. Pizza requires flat dough. Not big thick dough like deep dish requires.

Freya
05-07-2008, 11:35 PM
So i read this thread, made my mom order pizza, went and got it so now i can give my opinion. Thin crust meat lovers all the way. kthxbye

Tallulah
05-07-2008, 11:42 PM
I used to like thin based pizzas until I had a real one in a branch of Pizza Hut in Cyprus. It was like eating a cracker topped with cheese, tomato, etc.

I had a delightfully soggy Cheese Feast thick crust pizza for dinner tonight, in front of my Die Hard DVD (nothing on TV). I couldn't eat all the pizza, though. :(

Rantz
05-08-2008, 12:29 AM
I like to drink grease right out of the 10 gallon can I buy it in lolol!

Madame Adequate
05-08-2008, 01:16 AM

Seriously. I don't get the hate for Hawaiian pizza. It's one of the best kinds ever.

Tavrobel
05-08-2008, 03:01 AM
Seriously. I don't get the hate for Hawaiian pizza. It's one of the best kinds ever.

The contrast between the cheese and the pineapple is an acquired taste. That and pineapple is an odd taste enough by itself.

Caraliz
05-08-2008, 03:23 AM
I WANT PIZZA OH MY LORD. i would go for ANY pizza. any pizza is fucking good pizza! well, within the realm of only cheese of course. :love:

Big D
05-08-2008, 05:12 AM
A thick crust is great, if it's firm and munchable. Like it should be. A thick crust that's soggy, or a thin crust that's too brittle, can both seriously harm the pizza-enjoying experience.

Either's good, provided it's done right.

Blue Harvest
05-08-2008, 11:06 AM
All pizza is good, be it thin or thick. Stuffed crust though, now that is the sex.

NeoCracker
05-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Thick, stuff crust with Extra Cheese and pepperoni. And if the mood strikes, add on some sausage and Bacon. :drool:

Lawr
05-08-2008, 12:18 PM
the motherland itself, ie: Italy

The motherland of pizza is China.

Markus. D
05-08-2008, 12:25 PM
as long as the crust and base has lots of melting cheese =]]]]]

Spammerman
05-09-2008, 01:59 AM
Thick

Dynast-Kid
05-09-2008, 03:18 AM
I've never really thought about it! I'm definitely leaning towards thick crust though...

But I really don't mind either way, as long as there's not too much grease.

Lawr
05-09-2008, 03:20 AM
If there's too much grease, just put some ranch on it. :bigsmile:

Leen-Leen
05-09-2008, 03:30 AM
I'm pretty sure that I prefer thick pizza over thin pizza. If it's thin, then the pizza is all crunchy, and pizza should not be crunchy, it should be OOOEY GOOEY. 'Cause of the cheese and stuff. xD

And also, the garlic sauce from Papa John's = :heart:

Dynast-Kid
05-09-2008, 03:37 AM
If there's too much grease, just put some ranch on it. :bigsmile:

I eat my pizza with ranch all the time...Does that really make it taste less greasy?...Hmmm.

But also, grease is disgusting, so I oftentimes dab most of it off with napkins.

And also, the garlic sauce from Papa John's = :heart:

Yum...Haven't been there in FOREVER.

Arc_Master_14
05-09-2008, 03:44 AM
If I have ranch dressing(which is always) Chicago If Im out to eat which is almost never New York

Roogle
05-09-2008, 08:27 PM
I have no preference for the style of pizza as long as it lacks tomato sauce. I hate it when pizza has a lot of tomato sauce, so I would rather eat it without any tomato sauce at all!