PDA

View Full Version : Happy Japanese Pop Culture Day!

rubah
05-08-2008, 12:02 AM
http://music.3yen.com/wp-content/images/malice_mizer_-_au_revoir_01.jpg

Jessweeee♪
05-08-2008, 12:04 AM
Hooray!

Marshall Banana
05-08-2008, 12:18 AM
Gakuto desu.

KentaRawr!
05-08-2008, 12:21 AM
bokuwa kimino niiiiiiiiiiiiiihongo desuyo!

Tavrobel
05-08-2008, 12:22 AM
in b4 haruhi/anime/psychotic lawlz

Captain Maxx Power
05-08-2008, 12:30 AM
Aren't the various comments and, let's face it lifestyles, of half the members of this forum render this day utterly moot due to lack of specialty of it's premise?

Bunny
05-08-2008, 12:32 AM
Malice Mizer is dumb.

Yeah. I said it. What of.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-08-2008, 12:51 AM
Oh those crazy Japanese. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=LIkrr8TrNbI)

Momiji
05-08-2008, 12:51 AM
Aren't the various comments and, let's face it lifestyles, of half the members of this forum render this day utterly moot due to lack of specialty of it's premise?

はい~

Pretty much. :p

The Summoner of Leviathan
05-08-2008, 01:04 AM

I am your Japanese (language)? O-o;;;

Vermachtnis
05-08-2008, 01:16 AM
I'm almost ascared to ask, but are any of those people in the first post women?

Madame Adequate
05-08-2008, 01:27 AM
Did I ever tell y'all that I was raised by weeaboos? On my living room ceiling was a huge (I mean it covered like 1/3 of the ceiling) picture of Belldandy from Oh! My Goddess. Anime was commonplace - the old stuff, like OMG, Bubblegum Crisis, and Patlabor. I probably saw of that stuff than Western cartoons until I was about 13, when I started with the Simpsons. Heck, my folks had a bonafide laser disc player just to watch imported stuff (Not just anime, American movies as well, but the anime was a large part of the reason.)

Man, that was some good :skull::skull::skull::skull: back in the day.

So yeah I was into this before it was cool and that makes me better than you all.

So, anyone want to discuss whether what we perceive as Japanese pop culture is what folks in Japan actually engage with?

Bunny
05-08-2008, 01:39 AM
I'm almost ascared to ask, but are any of those people in the first post women?

No.

Rye
05-08-2008, 02:20 AM
Did I ever tell y'all that I was raised by weeaboos? On my living room ceiling was a huge (I mean it covered like 1/3 of the ceiling) picture of Belldandy from Oh! My Goddess. Anime was commonplace - the old stuff, like OMG, Bubblegum Crisis, and Patlabor. I probably saw of that stuff than Western cartoons until I was about 13, when I started with the Simpsons. Heck, my folks had a bonafide laser disc player just to watch imported stuff (Not just anime, American movies as well, but the anime was a large part of the reason.)

So yeah I was into this before it was cool and that makes me better than you all.

So, anyone want to discuss whether what we perceive as Japanese pop culture is what folks in Japan actually engage with?

Your mommy was telling me all of the Japanese bands she liked when you were only a little boy a few emails ago, it was fun. :jess:

Caraliz
05-08-2008, 03:20 AM

Your mommy was telling me all of the Japanese bands she liked when you were only a little boy a few emails ago, it was fun. :jess:
this is so cute.

KentaRawr!
05-08-2008, 03:26 AM

I am your Japanese (language)? O-o;;;

Yup. That I am.

Bahamut2000X
05-08-2008, 04:04 AM
I'm almost scared to even ask about this new holiday.

rubah
05-08-2008, 05:09 AM
Please forward all questions, concerns, and comments about Japanese Pop Culture Day to Tsukasa, C/O EoFF PM System.

Breine
05-08-2008, 08:52 AM
I'm almost scared to even ask about this new holiday.

Yeah.

Marshall Banana
05-08-2008, 08:56 AM
I think everyone was supposed to dress in lolita clothing. :snowgirl:

Cz
05-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Isn't every day Japanese Pop Culture Day?

Peegee
05-08-2008, 02:10 PM

I'm asian and older than you. Game. Set. Match.

Levian
05-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Isn't every day Japanese Pop Culture Day?

I was going to say that, exactly that. You wouldn't happen to be given half a pendant at birth, would you? That would explain so much.

But seriously, every day.

41-Inches-Wide
05-08-2008, 02:44 PM
YAY MINNA-CHAN~ :kaoclove: